Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2016, 17:49   #1
Team-BHP Support

Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016

Chevrolet has given the Beat hatchback some updates for 2016. The car now comes with some additional features, two new colours and a new nomenclature for the top variant - LTZ.

Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016-chevrolet-beat-1.jpg

The Beat gets clear glass headlamps with black accents, fog lamps with chrome surrounds, tail lamps with a combination of coloured and clear glass and a new rear spoiler with LED inserts. It also gets a dual-tone rear bumper with reflectors.

On the inside, select variants get audio controls mounted on the steering wheel. The Beat also comes with a new silver interior and height-adjustable driver's seat. Other features that have been added include remote keyless entry with foldable key, body-coloured door handles and silver interior highlights on lower trims.

While the top-of-the-line LTZ variant comes with front dual air bags, anti-lock brakes (ABS) and electronic brake force distribution (EBD), Chevrolet is now providing a driver side airbag on the LT variant.

The Beat is now available in two new colours - Pull Me Over Red and Satin Steel Grey. The other body colours on offer are Cocktail Green, Sandrift Grey, Switch Blade Silver, Summit White, Linen Beige and Caviar Black.

There are no mechanical changes to the Beat. The vehicle continues to use the same 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder diesel and 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engines as before.

The updated Beat is priced between Rs 4.28 lakh and Rs 5.55 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
Aditya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 18:44   #2
BHPian

Rofl @ Pull me over Red. Instead of chrome, maybe they should tack it all out in gold. Maybe that is the new sales strategy: whacky names for colours and generous application of gold.

I wonder if this moves the needle in any way in a potential customers mind.
Mad Max is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 19:59   #3
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016

This could have been a good opportunity to provide dual airbags as default for all the variants like how VW or toyota has done. They could have come up with ABS+EBD atleast for the last two variants LT, LTZ.
Apart from all these, GM has to check if all the recalls done so far are genuinely and systematically done by the dealers or not. They can call the customers directly and check about this. This will increase the hopes about their after sales service which I believe now is down under the ground.
Old 14th January 2016, 20:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

Checked the website for new colors, looks like update is still under process as I couldn't see the colors section.

Like the Sail hatchback, they should have made airbag available on LS variant as well as it is the variant which makes most sense in today's time (atleast for the expensive diesel)
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 20:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Instead of bringing in an All New Beat, they are giving this already old gen Beat an update in 2016. So they plan to keep selling it for couple more years?
Its age is showing and at 730 odd units per month, it is not selling much either. This update is not going to help.

An indication of management failure @ Chevrolet India. Why even spend time and money on an update to Beat, and then on marketing it.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 14th January 2016 at 20:33.
Old 15th January 2016, 06:26   #6
BHPian

The color nomenclature is similar to what is followed in US, Camaro and Colorado cars are known in these colors.
Thilak29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 12:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

So the LTZ is existing LT(O). Still no ACC and rear adjustable headrests from first generation (2010)

What's the need of such updates?
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 12:38   #8
Senior - BHPian

I would have appreciated this if the company had launched the 2016 Beat (launched elsewhere) instead. For the new platform brings in bigger size, dynamics & safety.

Moreover, they already have face-lifted Sail in China which looks much better than the current one in India. IMO they should introduce this in India with a new name, if they can't bring the Sonic (s) here.

Additionally, I have read somewhere that they have 1.7L diesel in new Cruze along with the 1.4L turbo petrol. God knows why they went for the face-lift & not the new model.

This is the reason why they are on a losing spree in India... they are flogging dead horse (s) here .
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 12:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

I am using Chevy Beat since last 5 years. Its a good city car for me, easy to navigate in choked Mumbai roads. Small and compact dimensions help in narrow and tight parking spots. Biggest issue for me now is servicing of the car, as Nikhil Chevrolet is shifted from Sewri to Navi Mumbai which is 25+ kms from my house. There is no Chevrolet service centre in central or south Mumbai. Since my car is out of warranty now I have shifted to FNG (Friendly Neighborhood Garage) for servicing / repairs for my car.

Even if Chevrolet introduces new models / updates i think this problem will turn off the buyers, atleast in South / Central Mumbai.
RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 08:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Just saw a white camouflaged Beat just yesterday coming out of the gates of ITPL Tech Park, Whitefield, Bangalore with the front and back covered up in black sheets.

Instantly figured out that it was a Beat with its rear door handles and familiar lines. The only thing that seemed to change was the instrument cluster, now no longer seems to be the digital one and the rear tail lamp cluster.

Couldn't notice the front lamp assembly changes due to the cover. So these observations were from a quick glance. Also couldn't take any pictures as it was really a quick pass.

Some of our BHPians may throw more light if possible.
Old 19th May 2016, 08:57   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Just saw a white camouflaged Beat just yesterday coming out of the gates of ITPL Tech Park, Whitefield, Bangalore with the front and back covered up in black sheets.

Some of our BHPians may throw more light if possible.
Maybe it was the new Beat/Spark 2016, it does not have the digital instrument cluster anymore -
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016-2016chevroletsparkphotosandinfonewscaranddriverphoto657842soriginal.jpg  

Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016-mm_gal_item_c2_1.img_resize.img_stage._3.jpg  

Last edited by raj_5004 : 19th May 2016 at 08:59.
Old 19th May 2016, 09:15   #12
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
An indication of management failure @ Chevrolet India. Why even spend time and money on an update to Beat, and then on marketing it.
They have done that for the Cruze also. As you said, they should have brought the New Beat here, with Tata's Tiago now in the market, who will go for a updated old car, people will anyday prefer the Tiago at this price point with much more features. This is just wasting money and efforts for name sake, atleast they could have made ABS and Airbag standard so that it would give some sort of edge over the competition.
Old 24th September 2016, 09:35   #13
BHPian

Spotted this modified Beat in Bangalore recently. Don't know whether it had regular engine or different. But sound generated, vibration as the accelerator input went high was unlike regular models.

Car had roller cage, bucket seat in front, rear seat was completely removed.

Could not dig more info from the concerned people. Later came to know that the car was here for testing and there is some event in Shimla next month.

Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016-pic01.jpg

Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016-pic02.jpg

Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016-pic03.jpg

Sorry for the poor images, clicked using mobile camera.
Nempuguru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 16:09   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Interior images of new Chevrolet Beat spied! Expect an early 2017 launch.

Expect Chevrolet to offer features like Apple CarPlay as well as Android Auto in the top end versions.

Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016-img20160927wa0010_wm768x1024.jpg
Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016-img20160927wa0013_wm678x381.jpg
Quote:
The central console houses the big touch-screen infotainment system. The central air-con vents also seem to be new. This infotainment system gets a nice polished silver frame which looks up-market. Below this system are the controls for the manually operated air-con. Chevrolet used to offer climate control at one point of time but removed it later on. The interiors are a mix of black and beige with seats being covered in a light shade as well.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 27th September 2016 at 16:13.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 12:30   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

New Beat (for India) seen on test again.

Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016-1.jpg
Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016-2.jpg
Chevrolet gives Beat updates for 2016-3.jpg
Quote:
Unfortunately, the new Chevrolet Beat is not based on the same platform as the all-new international-spec Chevrolet Spark. It is essentially just a facelift and will not feature any mechanical changes. It will continue to run the same 57.1PS/142.5Nm, 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbo-diesel and the 77.9PS/106.5Nm, 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol. Both these options will get a 5-speed manual
Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks