Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 11:19   #46
Senior - BHPian

This is going to be very expensive for some people. Many women like to be seen driving a mini. The car is a scorcher though, at least in terms of aesthetic.
Old 6th July 2009, 18:48   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrishikesh View Post
Where BMW Mini Cooper is available in India @ 12L ???
See CarTradeIndia, BMW officials are saying that the price tag for Mini would be between 30L-40L, as it will be a direct import.
i was just quoting cooldude bro. i know very well that mini under 12 lakhs is just a dream like the lancer evo at 27
Old 9th July 2009, 21:07   #48
BHPian

BMW India doubtful about the MINI launch!

Read the complete story --> HERE

Last edited by ?ushk@r : 9th July 2009 at 21:09.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

There was an article in Ahmedabad Mirror regarding the mini.

it is as below:

BMW Mini Cooper

BMW may look at the possibility of launching the Mini Cooper in India by December 2009, reports motorbeam.com.The Mini Cooper would be imported and would carry a price tag of around Rs 20 lakh for the base model.They had shelved plans of launching the vehicle last year when the market started turning bad.“The Rs 20-lakh price tag would be Rs 9-10 lakh higher than the highest priced car in the segment.We need to assess if there is a market for such cars,” BMW India president, Peter Kronschnabl said.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

There are already some Mini coopers imported in mumbai.I know Lucky Ali owns a Mini Cooper.
Old 8th January 2010, 18:54   #51
BHPian

Mini-Cooper Crash test

It seems like Mini-cooper is too small a car to survive a big frontal crash.

Old 8th January 2010, 19:04   #52
Sha
BHPian

Mini Cooper is one of gem vehicle to drive on curvy roads.
Old 8th January 2010, 20:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Does BMW has any plans to lauch Mini here? Its main rival - Beetle is already here.
Old 8th January 2010, 22:44   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand123 View Post
Does BMW has any plans to lauch Mini here? Its main rival - Beetle is already here.
Well somehow Beetle doesn't look like a competition to Mini, maybe golf/GTI does. Mini projects its image more like a compact performance car. Beetle on the other hand is a more subtle and luxury car. Thats my opinion though..
Old 15th January 2010, 15:02   #55
BHPian

Ive been waiting with baited breath for BMW to launch Mini in india- so have a number of people i know... 4-5 yrs ago it was understandable that the market was limited for a 20-22L 'small' car, but nowadays Im pretty sure that's changed, especially for a premium brand like Mini. One could point out the Fiat 500 as a competitor, but in my opinion they are 2 totally different animals, and Mini would have much greater success even in the higher price bracket. Provided they release the supercharged version, of course
Old 26th March 2010, 02:49   #56
BHPian

Fiat 500 is better than Mini cooper. As the car looks great and the real power is under the hood. Fiat is known for its high performance engines with great FE.
Old 26th March 2010, 09:42   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamback View Post
Fiat 500 is better than Mini cooper. As the car looks great and the real power is under the hood. Fiat is known for its high performance engines with great FE.
I agree Fiat makes great engines - But I'll definitely not call a 1.3L 75 BHP engine as powerful. esp, while comparing to Mini

500 is atrociously priced IMO (may be due to taxes, but whatever it is, it is the customer who has to shell out the money, irrespective of the money going to the company or the government)

I would really like to see the Mini in Indian roads and reasonably priced if they don't take a CBU route for Mini.
Old 26th March 2010, 10:35   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPER_SRT View Post
Well somehow Beetle doesn't look like a competition to Mini, maybe golf/GTI does. Mini projects its image more like a compact performance car. Beetle on the other hand is a more subtle and luxury car. Thats my opinion though..
Can we take the example of Volvo C30 as competition to the Mini Cooper S??? The volvo indian website shows a variety of engine options of the C30!!!

http://www.volvocars.com/in/all-cars.../features.aspx
Old 26th March 2010, 11:42   #59
BHPian

i have spotted 2 minis in new delhi..
Old 27th March 2010, 09:24   #60
Team-BHP Support

I see lot of comparisons here between Mini Cooper, Fiat 500 and VW Beetle. The only similarity between these cars is that they are the retro styled new versions of once popular people’s car in their respective country of origin. Otherwise these cars do not fall into the same category. Mini is known for its quirky styling and go-carting like capabilities. The beetle is no way a competition to Mini (in any market. It’s sold on the cute factor, and that is its main USP. Also, Mini and Beetle are much grown-up versions of their predecessors.

Agree with kkr2k2. Volvo C30 can be categorized into the same category, or competition to Mini. Worldwide, other comparisons could be BMW 1-series, Alfa Romeo Mito, upcoming Audi A1 etc.

Anyway, I doubt if BMW will launch Mini in India – mainly because our market still consider 2-box cars as inferior ones to sedans, and also current Mini Cooper is only available in 3-door option.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks