Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2017, 11:39   #211
BHPian

Re: Why is Hyundai stubbornly not launching the Elite i20 Automatic? EDIT: Launched at 9.01 lakhs!

Hi guys,

I am in the market for a premium automatic hatchback again ! Naturally the shortlist is of the Jazz V CVT and Baleno Alpha CVT. Hyundai however is offering the Elite i20 AT with a price benefit of Rs. 1,00,000/- on the On-road price. Its a black car.

The onroad price for the car they are quoting is 9.4 lakh for this car with manufacturing year of 2016.

Do you think i should consider this at the price point against the Baleno CVT Alpha ? It does seem that i could knock another 40k off the price easily.

The downside is that the resale will be disastrous as compared to the Baleno and the fuel consuption is likely to be atleast 5 kmpl lower (considering that the Baleno does deliver 13 kmpl). For a yearly 20k km usage the car will cost me around Rs. 75000 extra per year just on fuel.

Sometime as you write a post you find the answer you are looking for all by yourself
Dieselite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 12:29   #212
Senior - BHPian

Re: Why is Hyundai stubbornly not launching the Elite i20 Automatic? EDIT: Launched at 9.01 lakhs!

Are you okay with not having ABS and better equipment as compared to the Baleno ? Safety (lack of) alone would make me look at the competition.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2017, 14:01   #213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Are you okay with not having ABS and better equipment as compared to the Baleno ? Safety (lack of) alone would make me look at the competition.
That too for a car that is already 7 months old at the minimum.

No brainer in my humble opinion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks