Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2016, 16:37   #136
BHPian

Re: i20 Automatic Magna Trim Prices Revealed ! Explosive Pricing !

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Wow if this is true, this car with the piece of crap 4 speed AT is 30k more than a GT TSi. Surely has to be the joke pricing of the year .
It would be good if fellow BHPians from other parts of the country can also confirm their ex showroom and on road prices so we can see if any quote is an outlier ! Unlikely to be.
Old 6th September 2016, 17:35   #137
BHPian

When Hyundai can confidently sell the Creta top end model at 18 lacs on road in karnataka and call it a SUV what stops them from pricing the i20 automatic with a ancient gear box at these ridiculous prices. I believe at these prices one can get a Volkswagen polo or punto which are equally good Cars. I guess the success Hyundai tasted with Creta is probably making them think that they can get away with absurd pricing of their products.
Old 6th September 2016, 17:40   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Why is Hyundai stubbornly not launching the Elite i20 Automatic? EDIT: Launched at 9.01 lakhs!

Official prices have not been declared yet, but I am pretty sure that the SA from Shreenath Hyundai, Mumbai, heard wrong.

These are the prices of the previous-gen "Fluidic" i20 which I had saved in a Notepad file, back in January 2014:

Why is Hyundai stubbornly not launching the Elite i20 Automatic? EDIT: Launched at 9.01 lakhs!-untitled.jpg

As we can see, the 1.4L AT in the Sportz trim costs roughly 1,97,500 rupees over and above the 1.2L manual Sportz.

These are the prices, ex-showroom Mumbai, today:

Why is Hyundai stubbornly not launching the Elite i20 Automatic? EDIT: Launched at 9.01 lakhs!-untitled2.jpg

Going by the previous price difference, the 1.4L AT in the Magna trim should not cost more than 8.45L, ex-showroom Mumbai.

I bet the SA heard 8,42,000 rupees, instead of 9,42,000 rupees, if that is indeed the correct price of the AT.

But, let's wait till the official price is declared by the company, before making our conclusions.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th September 2016 at 17:42.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 18:01   #139
Senior - BHPian

re: Why is Hyundai stubbornly not launching the Elite i20 Automatic? EDIT: Launched at 9.01 lakhs!

Finally.
Why couldn't Hyundai try getting a better Auto box? A six speed would have done the car a world of good and it might have been a good match to the 1.4.

When did Hyundai launch the Asta(O) variants?
Old 6th September 2016, 18:09   #140
BHPian

Negative Sir! Called them up again and they are sticking to their quote INR 942,000 ex showroom Mumbai and INR 10,70,000 on road Mumbai

Last edited by toofanwheels : 6th September 2016 at 18:11.
toofanwheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 01:13   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
Negative Sir! Called them up again and they are sticking to their quote INR 942,000 ex showroom Mumbai and INR 10,70,000 on road Mumbai
Even a 9.42 L OTR looks overpriced against competition, at that price only the Polo TSI, Dzire ZDi AMT would be priced above all B2 and C1 petrol and diesel automatics put together.

If its really 10.7 L they are almost bordering on Verna 1.6 VTVT S AT prices with discounts in the same showroom
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 17:10   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Now Launched : 9.01 Lakhs Ex-showroom, Delhi

Quote:
Hyundai has quietly introduced the petrol automatic i20 at Rs 9.01 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The i20 automatic comes with an all-new 1,368cc, 1.4-litre, dual VTVT petrol unit that makes 100hp. This new engine is Hyundai’s second 1.4-litre petrol unit on sale, with the Verna currently using an older 1,396cc VTVT engine. The engine is mated to a four-speed torque converter unit.

This engine-gearbox configuration for the i20 petrol AT has been in production at Hyundai’s India plant solely for export markets for some time now. For India, Hyundai has introduced this engine-gearbox option only on the mid-level Magna trim – a disappointment for buyers looking for a feature-rich automatic hatchback. Thus, the i20 auto Magna misses out on features such as the touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, parking camera and alloy wheels, though it does get dual airbags and an audio system with 1GB internal memory, and steering-mounted controls.

At Rs 9.01 lakh, the car is quite expensive compared to its direct rivals, the Jazz CVT and the Baleno CVT which also come in two trim levels. However, the Polo GT TSI with the turbo petrol motor and the twin-clutch gearbox is the costliest automatic hatch.

The i20’s high pricing could be due to the fact that at 1,368cc, the car’s motor does not qualify for the benefits offered to the small car segment (sub-4 metre with petrol engines below 1.2 litre).
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-402845.aspx

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 8th September 2016 at 17:19.
Dr.Naren is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 17:52   #143
BHPian

Magna MT - 6.45 Lacs

Magna AT - 9.42 Lacs, That a difference of 3 lacs , a Nano AMT in between.

Won't hyundai be able to plonk the 1.0 ltr turbo charged Kappa T-GDi and mate it to a DCT???

The cost of the turbo charged engine will be negated by the tax that the 1.4 ltr motor attracts. It would be a problem if they have to import the Kappa T-GDi unit though.

But EOD, they know the math better. But I can't understand why a turbo charged motor is not considered.

This is a mediocre effort from hyundai. i20 would have been a true premium hatch had they launched it in Asta (o) with a sunroof and all wheel disc brakes. 6 airbags would have been the icing on the cake.

Hyundai has managed to make the GT TSi VFM, it offers a lot of equipment with a better engine + transmission combo at a very reasonable premium

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 8th September 2016 at 18:20.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 18:15   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Now Launched : 9.01 Lakhs Ex-showroom, Delhi

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...kh-402845.aspx
This pricing is actually a shot in the arm for the Polo TSi. It shows how well priced the GT TSi is with respect to its stripped down AT competition. The Polo is not stripped down - its fully loaded with all creature comforts, has a gearbox+engine that is the best in the segment and is the only AT car that has a legit 4 star GNCAP safety rating.
reignofchaos is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 18:23   #145
Senior - BHPian

So Hyundai are doing to Polo GT Tsi what Jazz (1st innings) did to the i20. Make it look VFM.

Although there is an element of uncertainty on the DSG, I would any day take that over living with 4 speed box from the stone ages. No news of any failures in any Polo or Vento makes the case stronger for them.
SchumiFan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 18:32   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Magna MT - 6.45 Lacs

Magna AT - 9.42 Lacs, That a difference of 3 lacs
EDIT:

Magna MT - 6.45 Lacs

Magna AT - 9.01 Lacs, That a difference of 2.6 lacs

Still
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 18:41   #147
BHPian

Wow. 2.8 lakhs ex-showroom is a huge difference. With this price, do they even think that they will look at the market response and launch it in the Sportz variant? The Magna trim is bare bones compared to even the Baleno Delta in terms of features. I doubt if this is going to be anywhere close to successful.
Old 8th September 2016, 18:44   #148
Senior - BHPian

Atrocious pricing to say the least and that comes with the lamest excuse for overpricing like

Quote:
The i20’s high pricing could be due to the fact that at 1,368cc, the car’s motor does not qualify for the benefits offered to the small car segment (sub-4 metre with petrol engines below 1.2 litre).
The Ford Figo Titanium DCT with a 1499cc motor has an OTR 70K+ less than the ex-showroom pricing of the i20 Magna AT (double facepalm).

They are dangerously close to where VW would price their Ameo TDI DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Won't hyundai be able to plonk the 1.0 ltr turbo charged Kappa T-GDi and mate it to a DCT???
Hyundai is simply introducing an interationally selling AT model. The only AT in i20 portfolio is this 1.4L mated with the 4-speed torque converteer. The 1.0 turbo engine is sold only with the 6-speed manual at the moment.

Looking at Hyundai's pricing example above, even if they did it would've costed close to Jetta 1.4 TSI Trendline
narayans80 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 19:25   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Now posted on the official website's "Prices" section:

Why is Hyundai stubbornly not launching the Elite i20 Automatic? EDIT: Launched at 9.01 lakhs!-untitled.jpg

For all their money, BHPian toofanwheels and the Shreenath Hyundai SA got it spot on (my apologies to both of you). The ex-showroom price for Mumbai is an eye-watering 9.43 lakh rupees!

A classic case of burying a car even before it has hit the showrooms.

Why is Hyundai stubbornly not launching the Elite i20 Automatic? EDIT: Launched at 9.01 lakhs!-hyundaii201.4petrolatshifter.jpg
(Source)

Not sure what Hyundai is smoking these days - pretty heady, floating-in-the-clouds stuff! A barebones AT which is costlier than the fully loaded Asta(O) diesel?!

Even the guys over at Jeep India must be smiling now!

R.I.P. Elite i20 Magna AT.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 8th September 2016 at 19:35. Reason: added AT pic
RavenAvi is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 21:10   #150
BHPian

I can decode the huge price difference between i20 Magna MT and AT.
Rs. 1 lakh for the Autobox
Rs. 50,000 for bigger engine
Rs. 1.5 lakhs for Hyundai's overconfidence which they've developed with success of Creta.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks