Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2017, 15:12   #151
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Team,

Exclusive to Team-BHP: here are the first pictures of the 2017 Honda City facelift, Indian version.

Snapshots were taken during it's ad shoot which was conducted recently.
Great exclusive indeed. I must say great alloy choice this time. The color looks new for Indian market similar to the shown in the teasers for Thailand launch on 12th Jan 2017.

The rear spoiler could be a standard fitment on higher specs as the HMSL is integrated in it. The rear bumper was looking a bit odd in the last leaked images but this time it looks good and not over done. I cannot see rear parking sensors which were visible in the last leaks so not sure if they will be available as standard or not.

In all side and rear look subtly upgraded and if the face is even 50% copy of latest gen Civic than it should be a good enough upgrade for next 2-3 years. I do hope they add Apple Car Play and Android Auto to there head unit.
//M6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 17:00   #152
BHPian

Quote:
first pictures of the 2017 Honda City facelift, Indian version.
Fabulous scoop RavenAvi and many thanks to your birdies, may their tribe increase. Like I had mentioned based on your earlier scoop, the alloys look smashing and make the car more appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
This color also seems to be new
Yes, this is a new shade seen already on the Civic - Cosmic Blue Metallic.
uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 20:33   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post
Awesome work by your birdies sir. Did they give any indications of the launch date/pricing ?
No concrete info from them yet, but they say that early-February is the tentative date.

Expect an increase of around Rs 35,000-Rs 55,000 across variants from the existing City pricing.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 00:05   #154
BHPian

Quote:
No concrete info from them yet, but they say that early-February is the tentative date.

Expect an increase of around Rs 35,000-Rs 55,000 across variants from the existing City pricing.
Thats a steep hike in my opinion. If they don't add additional features inside, the only additional feature would be LED lights and that also I doubt we will get in India.

If the inside info is true, then the Ciaz will be even more value for money and, the upcoming Verna may also be able to undercut an already expensive compact sedan.

Last edited by navin : 11th January 2017 at 15:22. Reason: minor grammar
//M6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 09:14   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M6 View Post
Thats a steep hike in my opinion. If they dont add additional features inside the only additional feature would be LED lights and that also I doubt we will get in India.

If the inside info is true than the Ciaz will be even more value for money and the upcoming Verna may also be able to undercut an already expensive compact sedan.
+1 - 35k-55k is way too much of a hike. Unless these come with serious upgrades. the cosmetic changes aren't worth shelling out this much. It would be better to buy the current gen City.
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 10:19   #156
Team-BHP Support

What is the blacked out car used for carrying the camera boom? Looks like a Merc. Any guesses as to why it is completely taped up? Because it belongs to some other brand, and not a Honda?
Old 11th January 2017, 10:40   #157
BHPian

Quote:

I recently have booked the current version V-mt with a heavy discount, during this booking, the sales executive told me that there will be a price hike across all variants in Honda by upto 3%. Which translates to about 30/40k for the city alone.

And if the increase of Rs. 35/55k, is only for the facelift version then the total hike would be nearly 80/90k over the current version and the money that I saved would be nearly Rs. 2,00,000/-

Although good looking, the facelift is not that significant. Had it been a full generation upgrade then I would have regretted it.
The Great is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 11:24   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
What is the blacked out car used for carrying the camera boom? Looks like a Merc. Any guesses as to why it is completely taped up? Because it belongs to some other brand, and not a Honda?
Thats a Mercedes ML. Its completely wrapped in matte black to reduce chances of unwanted reflections to whatever extent possible (The glass area was spared to not hinder visibility).
1100D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 11:34   #159
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
And if the increase of Rs. 35/55k, is only for the facelift version then the total hike would be nearly 80/90k over the current version
Yesterday, I recieved a call from some dealer(she never mentioned which showroom she was talking from), the lady was asking me if I would like to go for the current model instead of the facelift as they can work out a very good deal with the current discounts going on.

I was not at all interested but let her speak, anyway, she did mention this 3% rise you were speaking about but she said that discounts will nullify it. Then I asked her if the facelift hike of 50,000 includes this 3% rise, to which she said yes. You cannot really rely on these people right now, they themselves have no clue about all this, but if it turns out true then the 50,000 seems fine. I don't think they will charge 90,000 extra because then people will add some more bucks and hop to the next class.

Anyways bro, you bagged a real good deal with the current model. I am really tempted to go ahead with the current model but the only thing stopping me is the hope that Honda may have improved the quality to justify the increase in price and yes, the extra small bits and pieces like 16' alloys, LED's all round etc.

Last edited by OSH : 11th January 2017 at 11:37.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 12:00   #160
BHPian

Amazing scoop Team-BHP, the first place to find the updated photos.

The color is completely new for a Honda and I simply love this shade. The diamond cut alloys add so much character to the wheels. Is it only me or does the rear bumper look a lot more beefy and definitely adds to the character lines. The spoiler is the icing on the cake. Must say that Honda has put some thought into this. Great job
ramgkulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 12:39   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramgkulkarni View Post
The color is completely new for a Honda and I simply love this shade.
To me that looks like the Urban Titanium colour which is already present in the current gen. Although that does look stunning.
Old 11th January 2017, 15:08   #162
Senior - BHPian

is that camera mounted on a Mercedes M Class? It looks like a M Class to me. If not, which car is it?
Old 11th January 2017, 17:22   #163
BHPian

Quote:

Increase of 35k-50k will be too much in my opinion. Keeping in my mind besides Sun Roof they don't provide anything extra than Ciaz.

Major Reason why Ciaz is able to compete is because the prices are too reasonable in comparison to City. And one should keep in mind that the Build Quality of this generation City is no where close to be what it is known for.

Anyday i will pick Ciaz or Nissan Sunny over City keeping in mind the savings i will made.
Old 11th January 2017, 18:10   #164

Hi RavenAli,

On the outset....great job on the scoop.

One thing I'd like to highlight though, if you don't mind.

As a former advertiser, and as a part of the automotive industry now, this kind of information/picture leak bodes ill for the Ad agency as well as the OEM.

These guys go to massive lengths just to ensure that these leaks don't happen. Especially true for a company like Honda which has a lot riding on this facelift, considering the severe beating that its getting from the Ciaz.

When such things happen, they lose impact, and it impacts them badly. Typically, someone in the ad-agency will be pulled up for this leak, and for no fault of his/her might even lose their job! Unfortunately, it is generally the lowest common denominator.

I don't think that a scoop is worth all that.

Just something to ponder on.
Old 11th January 2017, 19:01   #165
Team-BHP Support

OT but since you broached the topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSarkar View Post
As a former advertiser, and as a part of the automotive industry now, this kind of information/picture leak bodes ill for the Ad agency as well as the OEM.
Is it that difficult to plug leaks? Just confiscate phones from every person on location and cordon off an area.

Going by the look of it, this might just be some excited passer-by.

Some more OT: how often do we have new articles quoting someone who "is not authorized to speak on the matter". Part and parcel of the game.

Quote:
These guys go to massive lengths just to ensure that these leaks don't happen.
How common is it for a manufacturer to conveniently "allow" scoops or look the other way, when someone spots a car under test or at the RTO for homologation.

Surely, unless the product they are about to offer is just plain awful, a scoop only generates interest and curiosity. It gives a "face to a name" so to speak and gets people talking.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 11th January 2017 at 19:02.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks