Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2017, 16:58   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
City top end comes with all LED headlights now, which is a class above projectors as well. The only the cars offering the same in the budget range being the new Vento and Innova Crysta
Thanks for pointing out about the LED Headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Vento 1.2 TSi is genuine 5 star rated safety, due to the presence of ESP. City, at best would qualify only for 4 stars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh76 View Post
The ratings are not just made 4 or 5 stars alone on the basis of structural integrity or some safety features.

Both City and Vento were rated 5 stars in NCAP test conducted outside India. This is not only due to the presence of ESP but for other features such as Passenger seat belt reminders, child protection seats, 6 airbags etc.

So, even if Vento have ESP and tested in India it may not get 5 stars may be due to lack of other features. Similarly, City also won't get 5 stars despite have child safety feature like ISOFIX (i guess its a child safety feature) but loses out on ESP.

But the basic point is this. Both these cars as well as other cars rated 5 stars are extremely safe for all the passengers wearing seat belts and travelling at a speed not exceeding 64 km/h.

The NCAP test needs to be conducted in India and only those cars with a minimum rating of 3 or 4 should be allowed to ply on roads. That would be a really interesting one and Maruti would be the one who will suffer a lot.
All I can say is I can vouch for the City from my personal experience in terms of Crash Safety. Met with an accident in May 2016, the car hit the divider, flew in the air and toppled completely and went scraping on the top for some distance and stopped and I came out from the inverted car unhurt. Thankful to the City for saving me and the others in the car...
vsrivatsa is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 20:11   #587

A quick and dirty review of my 48 hour old 2017 City V M/T:

The 1.5 VTEC is still a dream, cabin noise seems lesser.
The music system looks nice but is buggy - audio streaming both over bluetooth and over the iPod is jerky, speakers are BAD.
Seats are comfy and the halogen headlights are weak.

Will do a detailed review over the weekend.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-img_0172-rotated.jpg

Note from Support: Post edited for readability.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th February 2017 at 21:28. Reason: Image fixed.
Augustus_GT is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 20:50   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
All I can say is I can vouch for the City from my personal experience in terms of Crash Safety. Met with an accident in May 2016, the car hit the divider, flew in the air and toppled completely and went scraping on the top for some distance and stopped and I came out from the inverted car unhurt. Thankful to the City for saving me and the others in the car...
Hmmm..A 'tin can' do such things?

On a serious note, very glad that you came out unscathed. This incident proves then that the City in India is probably the same as the one abroad with 4/5 stars safety.

Also proves that "feel" is not a true measure of how safe a car is.

Last edited by The Brutailer : 17th February 2017 at 20:55.
The Brutailer is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 20:51   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

A quick review of the City Facelift

Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 21:16   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brutailer View Post

On a serious note, very glad that you came out unscathed. This incident proves then that the City in India is probably the same as the one abroad with 4/5 stars safety.

Ha ha, I have always maintained that Honda makes Safe cars if not the Safest. But, many disagree. If Honda was to make unsafe cars, they would have been asked to withdraw the sales from the Indian Market. I say Indian market because other markets have very high standards for safety. We are behind no doubt.

I had read vsrivatsa's accident story, but wasn't able to recall his name until he revealed today. God is definitely on his & family side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
All I can say is I can vouch for the City from my personal experience in terms of Crash Safety. Thankful to the City for saving me and the others in the car...
Ah, your experience with City in this accident is definitely a confidence booster for people who have thought this tin can to be unsafe. I won't call this a tincan as it doesn't crush as easily .

We can add City along with Vento/Rapid to be the safe cars in this segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustus_GT View Post
A quick and dirty review of my 48 hour old 2017 city v mt - the 1.5 vtec is still a dream, cabin noise seems lesser, the music system looks nice but is buggy - audio streaming both over bluetooth and over the iPod is jerky, speakers are BAD, seats are comfy and the halogen headlights are weak. Will do a detailed review over the weekend.
Honda's OEM speakers aren't that good. I don't know which brand they use, buy they sound average. Audio streaming over Bluetooth & ipod is laggy not just in City, but in some other cars as well, like Tiago. So, an update will solve that issue I guess.

Does you're car have Halogen Headlights (I know V has them), but in the image you have attached, the light seems to be more white/blueish rather then the usual mild yellow. Am I missing something ?
CarguyNish is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 21:33   #591
BHPian

I don't think anyone doubts the structural strength of the city, its more to do with the quality of sheet metal which has earned it the tin can moniker. Safety wise you may be safe inside the cabin and with 6 airbags the perception of safety increases (provided there is no recall). As many have pointed out, it's body shell can dent more easily than say a Vento. Light body, thinner tyres, iVtec engine all contribute to the greater fuel efficiency, but there are cons as well. But it's still a well balanced product
Old 17th February 2017, 21:57   #592
BHPian

today seen the car at a dealership. LED headlamps are quite nice. DRLS: well not uniform glow along the strip, bright at the top edges and fades as goes to the bottom. Meter console: previous city's blue rings were awesome, now offered in white doesn't appeal much to me.
Old 17th February 2017, 23:01   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Ha ha, I have always maintained that Honda makes Safe cars if not the Safest. But, many disagree. If Honda was to make unsafe cars, they would have been asked to withdraw the sales from the Indian Market.

I had read vsrivatsa's accident story, but wasn't able to recall his name until he revealed today. God is definitely on his & family side.

Ah, your experience with City in this accident is definitely a confidence booster for people who have thought this tin can to be unsafe. I won't call this a tincan as it doesn't crush as easily .

We can add City along with Vento/Rapid to be the safe cars in this segment.
Here is a link to my original post with some pictures from last year: Crash Safety 1.0

And, someone did ask about the Passenger Cabin as well: Crash Safety 1.1

In addition, I did remember reading about another crash incident as well where the car was declared a total loss but all passengers walked out safe: Crash Safety 2.0

While I don't think anyone really wants to end up proving these the way the photos show it , but real life scenarios/proof points I think should carry more weight than "feel" , star ratings and bias about "German" build quality being superior.

And if anyone is wondering what the repair bill came to, it came to a whopping 3.85 lacs but given that I had a Zero Dep from Honda Assure I ended up paying only a 4 digit number from pocket

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 17th February 2017 at 23:07.
vsrivatsa is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 23:59   #594
BHPian

Various short reviews have come up.

Autoportal. Found it to be filler job in absence of the regular host.

Car and Bike

Detailed look at Honda's Digipad. Seems like a cheap Chinese Android unit with Honda's interface on top. Comes with MMI maps, with updates rolling out every 6 months.

Rush Lane (with musical background )

CNB

Last edited by PraNeel : 18th February 2017 at 00:02.
PraNeel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 11:36   #595
BHPian

Last one here is the review of the 4th Gen City posted as City 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Old 18th February 2017, 11:52   #596
BHPian

Quote:

Spot on. If you see the steel strength of a Vento and City by just knocking on the body you'd feel it's the same. I don't know if that is the right method to do but that's what I personally felt. Yes, the door thud sound is another way.

Build quality may not be referring to the steel strength. In fact, it's more of durability, read corrosion to the body. Volkswagen Vento and Skoda Rapid cars offers 5 years of corrosion warranty. But, at the same time I don't think any Honda or Hyundai cars gets rusted in 5 years time unless they're deliberately exposed to such conditions.

On the safety front, we have ample proof of Honda City. Thanks to Sri Vatsa for posting those pictures and another big relief that none of them were hurt.

Still I feel the new VX to an extent and ZX models are overpriced quite heavily. At these prices for a car in this segment the expectations would be high from the customer and that has to be fully met.

Last edited by adarsh76 : 18th February 2017 at 12:00.
adarsh76 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 12:47   #597
BHPian

As per GM of Pride Honda, Gachibowli from today's interaction: since the price has been announced they got 110 city bookings it seems. So people are reacting ok if not flocking the showrooms
Old 18th February 2017, 13:52   #598
BHPian

The discussions on un'VFM'ness of the ZX & VX models makes me reminisce the discussions between the Android camp and iOs camp. Finally the buyer will choose depending on whatever 'floats his boat'.
As for me, who opts for the top trim always to avoid buyer's remorse during my period of ownership, this time I was in two minds, whether to go for the VX instead of the ZX. Then me and my wife saw the difference in EMI between the 2 trims and it was a no brainer to choose the ZX.
riteshritesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 15:44   #599
BHPian

Autocar India drive the 2017 City. They feel that Honda has improved the city in some crucial areas, however it comes at a hefty price tag.

PraNeel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 16:00   #600
BHPian

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
The discussions on un'VFM'ness of the ZX & VX models makes me reminisce the discussions between the Android camp and iOs camp. Finally the buyer will choose depending on whatever 'floats his boat'.
As for me, who opts for the top trim always to avoid buyer's remorse during my period of ownership, this time I was in two minds, whether to go for the VX instead of the ZX. Then me and my wife saw the difference in EMI between the 2 trims and it was a no brainer to choose the ZX.

+1. To each his own. Those who want to buy the city will still buy it. Regarding the top end, I feel the same and I have done the same. Did the PDI of my ZX CVT today. Found everything good, will make the full downpayment next week. Unfortunately, due to holidays next week, RTO formalities will take time, hoping to get delivery before 10th March. Some PDI pics below

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487413748.522107.jpg

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1487413774.920763.jpg

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 18th February 2017 at 16:01.
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   (7) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks