Team-BHP - Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172436-honda-working-city-facelift-edit-launched-rs-8-5-lakhs-44.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 4150192)
Which tyres do you recommend: MRF ZVTS or Goodyear Assurance? The PDI car has MRF, but can ask the dealers to swap if you all think this is a great idea. If both are of the same genre, never mind :)

EDIT: Not sure if I saw MRF ZVTS or ZVTV!

While i am no tyre expert but still would recommend GY assurance over the MRF ZVTS or ZVTV. The MRFs are typical OEM hard compound tyres while the Goodyear assurance has got favorable reviews even on this forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by trinity0114 (Post 4150203)
While i am no tyre expert but still would recommend GY assurance over the MRF ZVTS or ZVTV. The MRFs are typical OEM hard compound tyres while the Goodyear assurance has got favorable reviews even on this forum

Definitely it is the GoodYear Assurance over the MRF. But as per the reviews of one of the team bhp member on GY, these tires are not for comfort. If that is a priority then look at some other options considering City's trademark is not ride quality.

I have recently changed from the stock Goodyear GT3 to Michelin Primacy 3ST. After 1 week of driving finding the comfort and road noise to be very positive. Handling and grip levels are good.

Thanks guys for the quick responses. I will ask if they'll replace the tyres to Goodyear. Not sure what to do if they say I have to take MRF!

Why don't you buy new Michelins from a tyre shop by exchanging the stock tyres directly after delivery. You may have to pay something extra but might be worth it

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 4150218)
Thanks guys for the quick responses. I will ask if they'll replace the tyres to Goodyear. Not sure what to do if they say I have to take MRF!

Usually Honda & its dealers are pretty headstrong on changing the tyres and in more cases than not they do not agree to change requests. They gave me a reason stating that each and every part of the car is marked to its VIN in the Honda system and it is not possible for them to make any swaps.

Only thing they could do is give me new tyres (as per my needs) instead of the already existing ones at a "Nominal" cost :Frustrati

Good luck to you negotiating with them though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 4150192)
Quick question for tyre experts here: I did a PDI for the VMT variant which I chose. Which tyres do you recommend: MRF ZVTS or Goodyear Assurance? The PDI car has MRF

I thought the City came with Bridgestone? The display car I recently saw & took a TD in had them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aviraj (Post 4150267)
Why don't you buy new Michelins from a tyre shop by exchanging the stock tyres directly after delivery. You may have to pay something extra but might be worth it

I would agree. Michelin or Yokohama anyday. Question is, are you planning to upsize?

Also checking, what would be the max upsize possible. Has this been discussed? 205/50 r16 would suit, but will it fit the wheel well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLaren Roxx (Post 4150318)
I thought the City came with Bridgestone? The display car I recently saw & took a TD in had them.

Your TD car would have been the top-end variant i.e. VX MT or ZX CVT with the 16 inch alloy wheels, these will come with Bridgestone Ecopia EP150 tyres only.

Lower variants with 15 inch wheels will come with Michelin, Goodyear, MRF or Bridgestone tyres from the factory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigyy (Post 4150285)
Usually Honda & its dealers are pretty headstrong on changing the tyres and in more cases than not they do not agree to change requests. They gave me a reason stating that each and every part of the car is marked to its VIN in the Honda system and it is not possible for them to make any swaps.

Only thing they could do is give me new tyres (as per my needs) instead of the already existing ones at a "Nominal" cost :Frustrati

Good luck to you negotiating with them though.

You are right, they will certainly not swap the stock tyres as the whole thing comes as a package. I have seen people waiting it out based on the tyres their car is allotted but wouldn't advise it unless you're in no hurry. I had called the sales guy before the delivery date and he told me that my car has mrf. So fixed up with the tyre guy and directly drove from the showroom to the tyre shop and swapped all 5 tyres with upsize for like 7500 bucks. You won't get that kind of deal later so decide in advance... They check the odo before giving the deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigyy (Post 4150285)

I just got the same answer :deadhorse

I've decided to keep it for now, will be going out of town shortly after delivery and will probably check the upgrade after that. I'm not planning an upsize at the moment. Ideally I want some tyre with less road noise and decent FE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quadmaniac (Post 4150351)
I've decided to keep it for now, will be going out of town shortly after delivery and will probably check the upgrade after that. I'm not planning an upsize at the moment. Ideally I want some tyre with less road noise and decent FE.

Thats pretty much the same response each Honda dealer would give to every buyer :uncontrol

Even though City demands an upsize if its shoes, however, it does not make much financial sense at all, and definitely not if you're not really an aggressive driver hell bent to set the road on fire.

The financially saner (I know i might be disturbing a hornet's nest here) decision is running out the OEM shoes for as much as they can withstand and then going in for new tyres which are up-sized. Honda has now made 185/55 R16 shoes official for all City owners and this size will now definitely not void the warranty.

Quote:

I upgraded from 175/65 R15 to 195/60 R15. It's from the MID observation and a driving for 1 week. For me every time, the difference in MID values and the manual calculation is only +/_ 0.3. For an 80% City Driving and 20% close to highway conditions the FE shown in MID is at 13 kms/l now. Strongly feel there is no difference.

I am regretting now that I didn't up size at the time of purchase.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prodigyy (Post 4150357)

Even though City demands an upsize if its shoes, however, it does not make much financial sense at all, and definitely not if you're not really an aggressive driver hell bent to set the road on fire.

While i agree that it may not make much financial sense of a tyre swap on a brand new car but the benefits of going with a better rubber and upsizing are immsnse espesially on an under-tyred car like city. Proper sized tyres can be life savers under emergency situations. This segment cries for a 195 section setup but the city comes with 175 which is in my opinion severly under-tyred

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 (Post 4150148)
In Hyderabad, the new city zx diesel costs 16.44 and the ciaz zdi+ costs 12.56. Sincerely, how many of you justify this huge price gap and why?

I can give you couple of data points:

- If US market is any indication, Honda always priced a notch above Toyota and Hyundai below both. This is what I have observed. Infact Hyundai and Kia were the ones that went cutthroat in terms of pricing and warranties since they were establishing themselves in the early half of 2000s. I don't remember Honda or Toyota responding to it. They already had established models that were selling for more than a decade with proven reliability.
- On the contrary, Maruti's always aggressive with their pricing. Especially when they are late entrants to the segment. Remember Baleno undercut i20, same happened with Ciaz.

Based on this, even if Maruti were to plonk that sweet DDiS 320, cut out a sunroof and provide LED headlights and introduce as say ZDi++ :D. They'd still be pricing well below the City ZXD (by a lakh OTR is my guess). As others responded you, LED headlights aren't exactly cheap either, remember the 6-figure amount quoted in the Mercedes accident thread, one can expect something in similar proportion.

Quote:

I have used the stock MRF for about 6 years, it is not that bad demanding an immediate replacement. You can use it for couple of years and then upsize .

Honda City 2017 price list for Kolkata