Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2016, 21:27   #61
OSH
BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
Any updates on the launch of the facelift ?
Even I had spoken to a dealer on the phone in Mumbai regarding the City facelift, I was told that the facelift may come by March/April only.

However going by the tone in which he told me, I felt that he may be saying that just to clear his stocks, so I did not mention it in this thread. Now if you were also told the same thing then it may be true.

Btw which dealer did you ask ?
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 21:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSH View Post

Btw which dealer did you ask ?

It was Solitaire Honda. The low dispatches or. Zero production could be due to year end but zero for city sounds untrue as it has been selling decent numbers unless its the facelift. Which dealer did you speak to?
Old 17th December 2016, 22:45   #63
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
The low dispatches or. Zero production could be due to year end but zero for city sounds untrue as it has been selling decent numbers unless its the facelift.
I spoke to Arya Honda's Ballard Estate branch.

The production stopping seems unlikely. Lets assume that the facelift is coming in March/April and production of the current City is stopped, then according to this, all customers of January, February and March will get a 2016 manufactured car which is surely not going to happen.

The truth is that they are not having any information about the facelift, even the people at the service centre had no clue about this.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 08:50   #64
BHPian

Unreliable sources say that a January/February 2017 is what Honda are targeting. Also expect a bigger price tag because Honda are improving the overall quality of the car.

Now would a company spend that much effort to set things right with a facelift? And when the sales are reasonable? Of course the Ciaz facelift and the all new Verna could be a major threat, but still I am not convinced that a company will spend too much effort on a facelift, atleast not in a way that the sticker price shoots up!

To be honest, I wouldn't mind paying an additional lakh over the current price if Honda managed to get the quality right and the service as well. That engine is worth dying for, but the rest of the car lets it down! However unlikely the scenario is, I am going to hope that this is real or else, I have to look at other options!
esoticoreventon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 14:15   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Even I had spoken to a dealer on the phone in Mumbai regarding the City facelift, I was told that the facelift may come by March/April only.
I am planning to buy the new city diesel 2017 ,so was in contact with the dealer for last two month .Yesterday morning the dealer Peninsular Honda(Trivandrum ,Kerala) confirmed that the new model will get launched by second week of January 2017 and the bookings are open .Pricing and other details are not out officially yet but they are expecting 50k increase from the 2016 price.
justin.das is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2016, 23:29   #66
BHPian

Rumour: Honda working on City Facelift - Coming in 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin.das View Post
I am planning to buy the new city diesel 2017 ,so was in contact with the dealer for last two month .Yesterday morning the dealer Peninsular Honda(Trivandrum ,Kerala) confirmed that the new model will get launched by second week of January 2017 and the bookings are open .Pricing and other details are not out officially yet but they are expecting 50k increase from the 2016 price.

After reading your post, spoke to another dealer in Mumbai, Linkway Honda and checked with the sales executive about booking for the facelift. He said no dealers in Mumbai have started bookings but he also said that he is expecting training to start during first week of January and launch around 27th January with bookings starting 2 weeks before launch. I am eagerly waiting for the facelift to book the CVT VX.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 18th December 2016 at 23:30.
Old 19th December 2016, 10:20   #67
OSH
BHPian

Spoke to Arya Honda's Ballard Estate and Prabhadevi branch just now, both told me that bookings will start only after they get a official confirmation from Honda.

On asking them about deliveries, the guy at Ballard Estate was pretty confident that deliveries should start by february. I had asked him about the VX MT variant as that is what I will go for, he said that ex-showroom will be around 12 lakh +/- 10000. I was told that a email and message for the invite will be sent as soon as thier showroom gets a demo car.
Old 19th December 2016, 23:32   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to Arya Honda's Ballard Estate and Prabhadevi branch just now, both told me that bookings will start only after they get a official confirmation from Honda.

On asking them about deliveries, the guy at Ballard Estate was pretty confident that deliveries should start by february. I had asked him about the VX MT variant as that is what I will go for, he said that ex-showroom will be around 12 lakh +/- 10000. I was told that a email and message for the invite will be sent as soon as thier showroom gets a demo car.

So 2 dealers have kind of confirmed a Jan launch. I hope this does happen and my long ( really long) search for a car ends. Current ex showroom of vx mt is 11.69 lakhs so you are talking about a 30-40k increase near to what Justin.das told us.
Old 20th December 2016, 00:26   #69
OSH
BHPian

Now with the increase in price, I hope they have sorted out all the quality related issues.

If I am not wrong, the City is already the most expensive in it's class, but has lost Honda's "Premuim Image". I am fine with them asking for more money, but we want that "Premuim Image" back. Our extra spending has to be justified, just like the previous generations of the City.

Last edited by OSH : 20th December 2016 at 00:29.
OSH is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 09:11   #70
BHPian

12 lakhs for V-MT? That's a hike of 80k or so. Unless Honda really really improves a lot, I see another overpriced car on Indian roads similar to BR-V. Good news for Ciaz/MSIL.
quadmaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 10:48   #71
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
12 lakhs for V-MT ?
No, we were talking about the VX MT variant, which is above the V MT. The VX MT is rumoured to cost 12 lakhs +/- 10000 ex-showroom Mumbai.
Old 22nd December 2016, 11:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

There is a VX+ Variant which will be the flagship variant of the City facelift. Over the current VX (O), it will get LED headlamps, fog lamps, taillamps, interior lights, option of black interiors, 7" touchscreen with android auto and apple carplay, new design 16" alloys, side and curtain airbags etc when it gets launched. And the design will be different from Greiz, not the same.
sidindica is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 11:50   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
There is a VX+ Variant which will be the flagship variant of the City facelift.
Any news on this variant coming for the CVT? Else the CVT lovers will be left with the 2nd best option, just as we had to, on our BRV's.
Old 22nd December 2016, 12:00   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
And the design will be different from Greiz, not the same.
I expect the design to be similar to this.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-maxresdefault.jpg

Autocar India Editor Hormazd Sorabjee had mentioned that the City Facelift will have a nose similar to the new Accord (As in the above Picture). Looks very good. We may expect simple bumpers.

Or in another case, Honda might tweak the bumpers, add the Headlamps & Taillamps from Grace Hybrid Sedan. Similar thing was done for the 2011 City Facelift where changes were subtle & equipment list was enhanced.

Image source - Google Images
Old 22nd December 2016, 13:31   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshritesh View Post
Any news on this variant coming for the CVT? Else the CVT lovers will be left with the 2nd best option, just as we had to, on our BRV's.
Unlike BRV, Honda City top model comes with CVT option.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks