Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2016, 21:23   #106
Senior - BHPian

re: Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs

In support of Honda, I thought it was the Ciaz that originally copied the City's rear lights and thankfully the horribly thick chrome plate on the front grill is gone and I personally prefer this new treatment.
SPARKled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 21:45   #107
Senior - BHPian

Seeing the rear lights, I'm reminded of the aftermarket options which I've seen on some Honda Citys in Bangalore.

Thankfully, the chrome grill is gone. And I hope to see 6 airbags (at least in the V and VX trims) and the 6 speed MT with the petrol.
Old 29th December 2016, 23:15   #108
BHPian

I feel the picture posted by volkman may not be the best angle to view the car from or the way the picture has been clicked is giving a different impression. I feel the front looks better that the present city in the pic posted by carguynish. The rear looks good. I do not see projector head lamps or am I missing something?
Old 30th December 2016, 02:05   #109
mxh
BHPian

I had predicted a minor facelift months ago when people were expecting an all new model. So that I expected. But this facelift look is not at all encouraging. It looks totally over done especially the entire rear end which is like a botched plastic surgery. Too much black in the bumper, white color in the tail lamps and what seems to be a non functional spoiler since no air can flow through it. The front bumper has too many cuts and scallops and overall it just doesn't look classy. Also, it looks like they've fitted only 2 parking sensors instead of 4, so one would need to be careful while reversing at an angle.

Last edited by mxh : 30th December 2016 at 02:07.
Old 30th December 2016, 02:29   #110
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
In support of Honda, I thought it was the Ciaz that originally copied the City's rear lights
Both cars were developed during the same time and the Ciaz concepts were revealed ahead of the City. There is no way either companies could have copied the design from each other.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 08:04   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

Presenting the Honda City Face-Lift, Front View,

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-111.jpg

Source- Funtastick

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th December 2016 at 08:06.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 09:03   #112
OSH
BHPian

Looking at the pictures, all my expectations are ruined. What was Honda thinking when they made this, rear tail-lamps that look like cheap chinese aftermarket units, two parking sensors that do not even sit flat on the bumper, that weird shaped black plastic highlight housing the rear reflectors, the no-use spoiler with brake light and that bloody gaudy chrome front grill.

Only good thing will be the full LED head-lamps i.e. if they make it to India.

This looks more like a sion-koliwada mod job, the oem look is just not there on this model. Only thing that I can hope for is that the car looks better in person than the photos, in a darker colour or something maybe, otherwise I will skip buying this car.
Old 30th December 2016, 11:13   #113
BHPian

Why Honda, Why! you've managed to mess the City up, again! That is, from the initial expressions of the leaked photos. It looks like a botched up plastic surgery gone wrong. In other words, it looks frankenstien'ed. If the Honda Amaze(facelift) and the Maruti Ciaz had a baby, I'm pretty sure that it'd look something like this.

All these opinions of mine could change when the car is launched or when i see it in person. Its just possibly the camera angles, lighting and the colour that make it look worse than it is. Fair disclosure- never been a fan of the "albaster Silver"

Kudos to Honda for
1. 6 airbags (which i think they should make standard to all variants).
2. All LED headlamps, which i also think should be made standard, or at least bi-xenon Projectors in lower variants or vice versa! Hope the range and spread is sufficient.(God, the old city's had pathetic headlamps).
Old 30th December 2016, 11:49   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Both cars were developed during the same time and the Ciaz concepts were revealed ahead of the City. There is no way either companies could have copied the design from each other.
Atleast from Wiki and other internet sources, it seems like the Honda City was launched in Sept 2013 while the Ciaz was launched in Oct 2014, while the concept was somewhere around early 2014, late 2013. Anyway my point was I remember some posts then that said that the Ciaz has borrowed some rear design cues from the New City.
SPARKled is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 12:35   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Presenting the Honda City Face-Lift, Front View,
Looking at the front view of civic, br-v and amaze, it appears that lower bumper design was inspired from amaze, upper bumper curve design and honeycomb design from br-v, hood lines from br-v, chrome grill or moustache from civic. Better to wait for the actual launch and see the car in person to make a judgement on looks.

Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-honda-family-front.png
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 12:50   #116
BHPian

IMHO, the upcoming facelift looks simple, sleek and more matured compared to the existing model in the market.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-city1.jpg  

Last edited by Hickstead : 30th December 2016 at 13:08. Reason: Typo
Hickstead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2016, 14:01   #117
BHPian

Looking at the rear and front of the upcoming City and the old models, it can be safely concluded that Honda is going in a downward spiral in the quality and design department.

To put things in perspective, just compare the design language of the new Skoda Rapid or even the age old design of Polo, with this. If you cannot be creative, at least copy the design creatively from others and don't be like a Chip Foose knock-off!

If you want to take a crash-course of how to screw your company's perception in the least amount of time, Honda's situation is a real-life example for that.

Way to go Honda, Kudos!
Old 30th December 2016, 14:25   #118
Senior - BHPian

I think the pictures are a little distorted and compressed horizontally making it look narrow and have more steep rake on the bonnet. Have to wait and see how it really looks. Most cars now a days have these very cheap and tacky looking rear lamp covers with all those reflective elements embedded.

Last edited by srishiva : 30th December 2016 at 14:27.
Old 30th December 2016, 15:24   #119
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
That's what the Facelift is all about. It's actually Fac(ial) Lift(ing). Hence, you see some slightly different elements of the Headlamps, new bumpers, wheels etc. Every car goes through this process once in its life cycle (in 3-4 years post launch). And Facelift doesn't involve sheet metal changes.

Features will be added to make it even more competitive & to compensate the higher price tag. Expect lower Variants to get some additional features from higher end trims.
I know what a face lift is . Also there are times when a manufacturer changes the bonnet (sheet Metal) based on the extent of the changes in the front (mostly to accommodate a redesigned Headlamp unit). This is what I have mentioned as unchanged Sheet Metal!

Normally the side profile remains unchanged as well as the load bearing members (read as chassis) of the frame. If these are changed it is normally called as "New generation".

What Honda has done is absolutely minimal in terms of changes to the Bumpers. There are various types of Headlight and Taillight units already available in the accessories market and there is nothing new here. Also the frontal pics reveals that there is no Projector lamps. From the looks of it the inner most partition (of the 3 partitions) may be static bending lamps.

Looking at the market and how Ciaz sales has dominated over the last few months more was expected.

Hopefully they have gotten rid of the niggles and improved the overall feel of the car.

Last edited by MCR : 30th December 2016 at 15:32. Reason: Typo
Old 30th December 2016, 15:42   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I know what a face lift is . Also there are times when a manufacturer changes the bonnet (sheet Metal) based on the extent of the changes in the front (mostly to accommodate a redesigned Headlamp unit). This is what I have mentioned as unchanged Sheet Metal!
I wanted clarification from you. Good that you did it. Becasue many mistake Facelift for a New Car & vice versa.

Quote:
What Honda has done is absolutely minimal in terms of changes to the Bumpers. There are various types of Headlight and Taillight units already available in the accessories market and there is nothing new here.
This is what Honda has been doing since ages. Same was the case with Old City.

See this
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-2009hondacitymalaysia3.jpg

And this
Honda working on City Facelift. EDIT: Launched at Rs 8.5 lakhs-hondacity51.jpg

Not much difference. Both look & feel same. But the new Facelift one had some freshness to it, Even today.

Quote:
Also the frontal pics reveals that there is no Projector lamps. From the looks of it the inner most partition (of the 3 partitions) may be static bending lamps.
LED Headlamps are likely to be offered on top spec Trim. They don't require Projectors. While, Static bending lights are new thing for Honda. I doubt if we would be getting them.

Quote:
Looking at the market and how Ciaz sales has dominated over the last few months more was expected.
In a sense, yes I agree with you, but Honda don't want to let thier bestseller disappear from the competition. So, I expect some new things to keep the car attractive.

Last edited by SDP : 6th January 2017 at 12:21. Reason: minor typo
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed