Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2016, 16:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra's new design concept, the XUV Aero

I think Mahindra goes overboard with their design sense. Seems they design with the feeling that this the last vehicle they will ever do , so they probably go all out in the design and introduce every element on every surface. The KUV , XUV, are fine examples of this principle. Look at the face of the new XUV vs the earlier one, the new XUV looks so much better with an uncluttered look. The KUV is a design gone all wrong in my opinion. Front does not gel with the rear or the sides. It does not look proportionate at all. Though by looking at this aero sketch they seem to have hit the right note. Which means for production , the theme will be toned down a bit, hopefully. So mahindra good luck with aero. Mr fluidic you might have competition soon.
raycers_honda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 16:14   #17
BHPian

Well, we must give credit to Mahindra for trying out newer design language and segments.
Although sometimes they veer in quirkier direction but at least they attempt and take risks.
Look at other Indian auto cos there is hardly any exciting product.
If Mahindra brings it ard 20-25 OTR, there would be many takers, who couldnt afford crore+ X6.
Acharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 19:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
Well, we must give credit to Mahindra for trying out newer design language and segments.
Although sometimes they veer in quirkier direction but at least they attempt and take risks.
Look at other Indian auto cos there is hardly any exciting product.
If Mahindra brings it ard 20-25 OTR, there would be many takers, who couldnt afford crore+ X6.
Yes Mahindra deserves credit for being bold and trying out new stuff. but to say they are "exciting" is something i would not agree with - TUV 3 double O was good, better in flesh than on paper , but was it "exciting"? - may be its one of the cheapest/ VFM true blooded ladder on frame SUV in the Indian market at the moment? KUV 100 is the opposite - looks good on paper but not in the flesh , nothing that excites me, it feels a bit more than quirky from the outside and hope you have not forgotten the Verito Vibe.

I would suggest we look at Tata - Zest, Bolt, Zica and then kite , their soon to be launched compact sedan, then the Hexa - they feel more premium and well built and that seems to be a very encouraging transformation from erstwhile Tata ( which is in a way exciting?)

XUV Aero - looks good on paper - but i would wait till i see the scoop pics at least - now if they like the response to the concept i just hope they don't go overboard and add even more design elements to it in the name of cloning another cat with a car, @ Mahindra : if it is gonna look like and marketed like a fast back - please ensure it drives handles and rides like one !!
The Observer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 19:25   #19
Team-BHP Support

I think the current XUV is fairly well proportioned. However, they need to tone down "over the top" elements and make it well rounded.

At least a good try on the Aero concept. But I feel they should work more towards the evolution of the current design.
Old 26th January 2016, 20:16   #20
Senior - BHPian

Whew...looks like I'll save 75+ lakhs when I replace my XUV with this vehicle instead of a certain German badass driving machine, (non-existing lakhs, of course).

Keep it going M&M, fortune supports those who dare!

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 26th January 2016 at 20:19.
Old 26th January 2016, 20:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think the current XUV is fairly well proportioned. However, they need to tone down "over the top" elements and make it well rounded.

At least a good try on the Aero concept. But I feel they should work more towards the evolution of the current design.
That is very true. The XUV has awesome proportions and a very good stance. It's some of its details that make it a bit tacky.
That said, if a designer was to do a concept sketch of the xuv 500, i'm sure the tribal art in the stop lights or details of the paw handles wouldn't be seen on that on either!!!! That would be my biggest worry for this concept.

I hope they keep it simple and maintain the proportions!
Old 26th January 2016, 22:46   #22
BHPian

SUV Coupe is the talking point in Europe and US these days. The big 3 Germans are selling their respective models like hot cakes. But there is no mass market model currently on sale in India. I think Mahindra wants to have a first movers advantage in this segment and will try to gauge the public response in the Auto expo. Also this can be an ideal vehicle to seriously enter US and even China. Exciting times ahead.
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2016, 23:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
A somewhat disproportionately rounded and hump backed front portion in this design drawing.
And yes, there are shades of the X6 there, under the skin...
I had the exact same reaction, I do wish M&M focussed on making a proportionate vehicle, rather than an over the top design. Just a classic timeless good looking coupe with a stinker of an engine should get the cash registers ringing, why do we need all M&M vehicles to be based on some animal or bird character and have the weird toothed grille?

Keep it simple, ensure that the flared front is reduced and made more proportionate and you have a winner.
Old 27th January 2016, 02:34   #24
BHPian

Mahindra's new design concept, the XUV Aero

Simply superb !!! Mahindra is one of the most exciting manufacturers in today's date bringing so much to the table in the Indian automotive scene.

XUV Aero- Looks too good to be true even in a concept. But going by Mahindra's history in recent years, I am sure they will be coming with a blockbuster product. Everyone knows the XUV well hence no doubts in the Vehicle's capabilities. Design is the most important factor to be seen when this concept hits production.

Hope Mahindra tells us something in the Auto Expo about the plans for materializing this concept.

BTW the name "XUV Aero" will also fulfill their requirement of having all vehicle names ending with 'O'.

Last edited by mayank0782 : 27th January 2016 at 02:36.
Old 27th January 2016, 07:12   #25
BHPian

Re: 2016 Auto Expo will be held from February 5-9, 2016

Come on Mahindra! Launch the Aero! A Sports Activity Coupe for the masses. Gotta love that idea. The teaser images look really really good. Can't wait to see the concept.
Old 27th January 2016, 10:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Hope they did not forget the meaning of word "AERO" when designing the vehicle. We do not want to see another vehicle like TUV, KUV with a tag "AERO" attached to it.
Old 27th January 2016, 13:23   #27
BHPian

Rendering of the Aero by IAB's SRK. Looks stunning

If the production version is similar to this, this would be my next upgrade..

Mahindra's new design concept, the XUV Aero-xuv.jpg

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/01/m...ndering-212907

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 27th January 2016 at 13:27.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2016, 16:46   #28
BHPian

Hmmm.. That rear slope better have enough headroom otherwise it's going to be a real gripe. It almost looks like they did something to the back of the KUV100. :blasphemy:
Old 28th January 2016, 08:02   #29
BHPian

The sketch looked awesome, but the IAB render seems to be a bit off. I would've liked the front door and glass area to be larger and longer than the rear ones, just like in the teaser image. Adds a much more sporty appeal with that driver centric feel! Plonk in a revised version of the 2.2L with more power and torque, some mature styling and I would gladly give a cheque to M&M when it's time for my next upgrade!
Old 28th January 2016, 08:57   #30
SRK
Senior - BHPian

I some how have a feeling that this concept to be showcased will turn out to be a 2-door one, while the production version, whenever it arrives will be a 4-door.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks