Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 13:59   #16
BHPian

re: Updated BMW 3-Series launched (F30 LCI); gets M Sport variant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Can't BMW even provide images of an Indian car in its press releases? This is the height of shortcut work - a LHD car . These things just show the state of affairs at BMW India, and how many leaks they need to fix.

With reference to the 3-Series, it's not going anywhere at these prices. Anyone interested should just wait for the discounts to start rolling.

M-Sport's pricing is the joke of the week. It crosses 50 lakhs on the road in Mumbai . What dreamland is BMW in?
I just wish someone at BMW management level is reading our (customers) expert management discussions and learn something. May be we can send a link?
By the way, haven't they lost the famous corona rings completely now? I can't really make out the new headlamp design, specially the LED DRL.

Last edited by Mission_PGPX : 28th January 2016 at 14:01.
Mission_PGPX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 14:11   #17
bhp
BHPian

The new pricing for the 3 Sport/Luxury line and the 520D with discounts are exactly the same, there should be hardly anyone who will pick the 3 over the 5. The 3 LCI is going to get big discounts before the financial year end for sure.

The only good bit about the 3LCI is the retuned suspension. Waiting for a drive to see how much it makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post

On a separate note, I hope they offer these upgrades as optional extras on the existing 3 series, would love to get the paddle shifts some how.
You can upgrade to the M sport steering wheel which will have the paddle shifters.
bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 16:19   #18
Senior - BHPian

Looking at those prices, I'm sure the 10-11 lac discounts on offer before the year end will start appearing sooner than later. To the average buyer, there appears to be virtually no difference between this and the outgoing car. The updated steering and retuned suspension will only matter to the enthusiast.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 16:47   #19
BHPian

With the new A4 being launched shortly, bmw has a big task on hand.
Any idea on how much discounts are being offered currently on the older 3 series?
Old 28th January 2016, 17:21   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Can't BMW even provide images of an Indian car in its press releases? This is the height of shortcut work - a LHD car These things just show the state of affairs at BMW India
Still worse, BMW used to promptly update their website. But even one day after the launch, the price list and the specification sheet are also not there.

These people seems slightly disinterested in the Indian market.
Yeldo is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 22:14   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
Still worse, BMW used to promptly update their website. But even one day after the launch, the price list and the specification sheet are also not there.

These people seems slightly disinterested in the Indian market.
Talking of LHD pics? I was just checking the technical data tab on the BMW India website and came across this. God knows what have they been smoking. Not a good site for BMW fanatics (count me in)
Updated BMW 3-Series launched (F30 LCI); gets M Sport variant-screen-shot-20160128-10.12.50-pm.png
Anyway, good part is after seeing the price of the M Sport variant, I can surely use that as a gimmick to sell my pre-lci "M-Sport" for a good price
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 23:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post

320d Prestige: Rs. 35.90 lakh
320d Sport Line: Rs. 41.50 lakh
320d Luxury Line: Rs. 41.50 lakh
320d M Sport: Rs. 44.50 lakh
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Anyway, good part is after seeing the price of the M Sport variant, I can surely use that as a gimmick to sell my pre-lci "M-Sport" for a good price
The price list says 45.90L for the M Sport with 12.5%VAT. So prices seem to be revised upwards by 1.4L for this particular variant within one day of the launch.

The prices of the other variants seem to be the same as the press release.

Does it take Rs. 10L to deck up a Prestige into a M Sport with BMW accessories?
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 11:23   #23
Team-BHP Support

Guys here is the spec sheet. Got it from my dealer. BMW used to update their website at the launch, don't know whats happened to them now.

But wow, the car is loaded well. Highlights are -

-Led headlights and fogs on all variants
-Full idrive with GPS and iDrive touch controller on all but Prestige
-Sport automatic transmission and paddles on all but prestige
-Head up display on M sport

I have to say, the car has been well loaded. If one thing is missing, its the adaptive suspension which the C class has. Otherwise features have been added, and apparently the suspension too has been tuned so it will be great.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 3 LCI Spec-sheet.pdf (220.8 KB, 1111 views)
Akshay1234 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 12:55   #24
BHPian

The sneaky update, which I am hoping many (especially the dealers) don't notice, and offer hefty discounts is

- They have plonked the upgraded 2.0 litre diesel, which is doing duty in the X3. A decent 5% upgrade coupled with tuning, gearing ratio updates and the LCI 320d shaves of 0.5 seconds of its previous 0 - 100 timings.

7.2 seconds for 0-100, is not bad in my opinion.

I intend to buy a Red 320d with black interiors. take off the 320d badges, wrap it in matte-black, and drive around at safe speeds for the next 4-5 years. (Not a good era for owners of the trinity to race them around) and sell it off with its shiny red paint scheme, to a bright eyed youngster.

Oh! deliveries start, end February in Kolkata.

- Nucliomaniac

Last edited by Nucliomaniac : 29th January 2016 at 13:02. Reason: formatting.
Nucliomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 13:07   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
I have to say, the car has been well loaded. If one thing is missing, its the adaptive suspension which the C class has.
They seem to have missed the rear view camera, which would have been very nice.

Adaptive suspension depends on the priorities of the buyer. For somebody who changes cars often, and puts driving pleasure before everything else, it is a very good feature to have. Otherwise, a lack of adaptive suspension or air suspension means fewer reliability and maintenance issues in the future.
Old 29th January 2016, 14:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
But wow, the car is loaded well.
For the prestige variant, the only additions I can see are :

1) Faster acceleration (0.4 sec)
2) Bluetooth Audio Streaming Added
3) Led Headlamps
4) LED Foglamps

What am I Missing?
Old 29th January 2016, 20:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
The pre LCi 3 series also came with bluetooth streaming added, i think they added the module in later models. Mine is a Oct, 2015 320D prestige and it streams bluetooth music flawlessly.
Nice to see that sports/luxury line now come with the bigger iDrive + hand writing recognition and in built 20GB storage.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 29th January 2016 at 21:03.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 23:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac View Post
- They have plonked the upgraded 2.0 litre diesel, which is doing duty in the X3. A decent 5% upgrade coupled with tuning, gearing ratio updates and the LCI 320d shaves of 0.5 seconds of its previous 0 - 100 timings.- Nucliomaniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
For the prestige variant, the only additions I can see are :

1) Faster acceleration (0.4 sec)
3) Led Headlamps
4) LED Foglamps

What am I Missing?
The pre-LCI F30 320d did 0-100 in 7.4 secs going by the catalogue it's technically 0.2 secs faster going by the catalogue OT, with MPPK I could easily manage 7 secs flat at any given time. I'd have been really happy if they atleast offered staggered fitment like they do on the 530d M Sport. 255 at the rear like it's offered on the international M Sport variant would have been more appropriate even in terms of traction and aesthetics IMHO.

PS: Good luck with the buying @Nucliomaniac.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 00:18   #29
BHPian

Quote:
I have to say, the car has been well loaded. If one thing is missing, its the adaptive suspension which the C class has. Otherwise features have been added, and apparently the suspension too has been tuned so it will be great.
I doubt the Indian version comes with Adaptive Suspension.

The new 3 looks loaded in features, but loaded in price too. Don't think will sell till they start discounting!

Last edited by GTO : 30th January 2016 at 09:38. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 30th January 2016, 10:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

The plus for the 320D sport & luxury line are the navigation and LED headlights & fog lights. But is the reverse camera still not there on the 3?! What are BMW thinking?! Even hatchbacks costing less then 10 lakhs get a camera nowadays!

The M Sport is damn tempting specially for the sport+ mode & HUD. The seats are yummy too but one look at the cost and all the excitement gets punctured! Still, for any buyer of the new 3, choosing between the sport/luxury and M-sport is going to be one hell of a task.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks