Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2016, 18:39   #61
BHPian

re: Updated BMW 3-Series launched (F30 LCI); gets M Sport variant

Guys,

yet to publish a full blown out review,

but am noticing a very raspy, harsh sound at 0 - 1500 rpm.

Not fun at all.

Is this expected, or is this god'awful sound an anomaly?

Other than that supremely comfortable, insane razor sharp handling. would like a bit more power, but 'itna paisa mein itna hi milega'

- Nucliomaniac
Old 12th May 2016, 21:40   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac View Post
Guys,

Not fun at all.

Is this expected, or is this god'awful sound an anomaly?

Other than that supremely comfortable, insane razor sharp handling. would like a bit more power, but 'itna paisa mein itna hi milega'

- Nucliomaniac

Hello Nucliomaniac,

Congratulations on your new car. Hope you are enjoying the new ride.

How is the issue with the engine noise now? Did you move to the diesel engine from petrol cars or did you already have a diesel car earlier.

Waiting for you review.

Thanks.
Old 13th May 2016, 11:16   #63
BHPian

Hey Strella,

Yeah! A Report is pending. I guess too busy, making sure that I can pay for them EMI's. Planning on the standard Team Bhp format, for next week.

The engine noise is still there, and much more audible than I had expected. Normally managed by letting Taylor Swift, shriek it out.

I have a few diesel cars, including a fortuner, and a swift. I must admit the BMW's raspy, throttly, and thin sound is the worst sounding of all.

The solution, I have discovered is to drive the Car in Eco Mode, when in the city, and sport mode when on the highway.

Comfort, or Sport in stop and go traffic sounds terrible.

Other than that, there isnt a day, when this rear wheel drive beauty, doesnt plaster a smile on my face.

I have also rediscovered by love for Petrol cars, and am jealous of the new 320i, that has been launched. should have waited I guess.

I am responding to this urge, by getting my skoda 1.8 tsi, stage 2 tuned by Pete's to get around 220 BHP.

Cheers,

Yash
Nucliomaniac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 21:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac View Post
Guys,

Nucliomaniac, I happened to drive the the new LCI 320d yesterday quite extensively. To check out the engine refinement, I switched Off the music, and also lowered the A.C. blower setting. The said car had been driven for almost 8000 kms.

I found the refinement levels to be quite good. Hardly any diesel clatter came into the passenger compartment. NVH were quite good. I specifically did not hear any noticeable sound at 1500 rpm. What I felt performance wise was that the acceleration was good but somehow that zing was missing compared to the older diesel engine. The outside ambient temperature was approximately 45 degrees. Even the air conditioning was good.

Overall, a good car, but am holding my horses for a powerful petrol car like 330.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st June 2016 at 08:50. Reason: Fixed quote tags
Old 1st June 2016, 04:20   #65
BHPian

@Nucleomaniac- i have a Melbourne Red F30 with black interiors. Its a 318d Sport, Manual. The colour looks so good in sunlight that i can't stop adoring it but the real joy is when i am driving it. Sharing a recent picture here-
Attached Thumbnails
Updated BMW 3-Series launched (F30 LCI); gets M Sport variant-1464735200794.jpg  

kopakabana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 15:35   #66
BHPian

did anyone notice / know that BMW also launched 320i, price same as 320d.

prestige and luxury line both are available in petrol version.
Old 8th June 2016, 15:38   #67
BHPian

BMW 320i available on website.
Attached Thumbnails
Updated BMW 3-Series launched (F30 LCI); gets M Sport variant-capture.jpg  

Old 16th December 2016, 16:07   #68
BHPian

Hello, i believe this thread is relatively old. Last post is from June.

I am looking to take a plunge and get the 3 Series Lux Line in Chennai. Even though over all prices have gone up (43,45,912) for Lux line both D as well as I.

dealers are offering 7 lac discount plus pondy registration (save about 5 lacs ). the logic given is after GST it will all be the same so wont be a big deal to drive a pondy reg car for 6 months.

7.99 BMW financing, 3 EMI's free, 3 year-40K BSI Plus + Warranty and 4 year buy back are all standard deal offered by BMW.

let me know if this is a good deal and good time to buy.

cheers
krish
Old 16th December 2016, 18:03   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcustoms View Post

cheers
krish
This is a good deal. You can only get a better deal on 3 Series Sports line. It has something called as early offer. Check with the dealer. Bangalore is giving a very sweet deal on 3 Series Sports line and on 5 Series Prestige+
BeamerBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 18:31   #70
BHPian

thanks BeamerBoy,

on sport line the options available are limited White or Red.
Personally i like the classic black or Blue.

i also got offered a used 520 D (Jatoba color) with 16K km on it for around 39L. 2015 model. not sure which is better a used 5 or a new 3?
Old 16th December 2016, 18:48   #71
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I am looking to take a plunge and get the 3 Series Lux Line in Chennai. Even though over all prices have gone up (43,45,912) for Lux line both D as well as I.

dealers are offering 7 lac discount plus pondy registration (save about 5 lacs ). the logic given is after GST it will all be the same so wont be a big deal to drive a pondy reg car for 6 months.

7.99 BMW financing, 3 EMI's free, 3 year-40K BSI Plus + Warranty and 4 year buy back are all standard deal offered by BMW.

cheers
krish
From what I was made to understand, 9 lacs is what you can get off totally on the 3 series sport/luxury.

GST doesn't include road tax as far as I know.

This is definitely the best time to buy, there seem to be huge discounts now. In Mumbai you can get a 520d prestige plus for 39l ex showroom.
Akshay1234 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 23:43   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
From what I was made to understand, 9 lacs is what you can get off totally on the 3 series sport/luxury.

GST doesn't include road tax as far as I know.

This is definitely the best time to buy, there seem to be huge discounts now. In Mumbai you can get a 520d prestige plus for 39l ex showroom.
Thanks, I will try to negotiate 9 lacs. The dealers here say that Delhi and Mumbai have huge volumes of sale so they can offer more aggressive discount compared to relatively lower volumes in chennai. Not sure how much of that is true.

I would love a GT but the Kun dealer in chennai said no deals are being offered on GT since it's a new face lift.
Old 17th December 2016, 00:01   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, I will try to negotiate 9 lacs. The dealers here say that Delhi and Mumbai have huge volumes of sale so they can offer more aggressive discount compared to relatively lower volumes in chennai. Not sure how much of that is true.

I would love a GT but the Kun dealer in chennai said no deals are being offered on GT since it's a new face lift.
There is a discount offered on GT as well, but definitely not as much as 3, 5 or X3. KUN BMW Coimbatore told me that they don't have a single 320D available in stock for this month and claimed that the max discount they gave on 320D was only 6 lakhs. Looks like we need to start approaching the dealers in the north if we want sweet deals.

Last edited by ece2k2 : 17th December 2016 at 00:05.
ece2k2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 00:17   #74
BHPian

It's really frustrating because the dealer has a set list of cars issued to them each month so not all colour combinations are possible.

I would love the platinum silver with oyster interior but the closest to my taste I can get is black with beige interior. You would think after spending this kind of money would get your first pick but not if you are looking for discounts apparently.
Old 17th December 2016, 11:33   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Call the Mumbai dealer then. Like I mentioned earlier there are no location restrictions for BMW dealers this month. They can sell anywhere. So call the Bombay dealer and get the better price

The GT has 5-6l off btw, the facelift!
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks