Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2016, 18:44   #76
BHPian

re: Updated BMW 3-Series launched (F30 LCI); gets M Sport variant

I called the Mumbai dealer. Yet to receive the quote. In the meantime my dealer in chennai showed me a 520d lux line, 2016 march registration ( 2015 model), upgraded LED etc, 17k on the dial for around 38L. Is that a good buy? The dealer said it was used by one of the German executive and is not a demo car.

I know that Mumbai dealer offered a 520d prestige edition for 39L ex show room, but by the time you add T N registration etc it will be around 45.

So now I have to decide between new lux line 3 series for around 38 registered in Pondy
Vs
Pre owned 520d lux line with 17k on the dial for 38L registered in chennai.

Last edited by krcustoms : 17th December 2016 at 18:46.
Old 17th December 2016, 19:35   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krcustoms View Post
I called the Mumbai dealer. Yet to receive the quote. In the meantime my dealer in chennai showed me a 520d lux line, 2016 march registration ( 2015 model), upgraded LED etc, 17k on the dial for around 38L. Is that a good buy? The dealer said it was used by one of the German executive and is not a demo car.

I know that Mumbai dealer offered a 520d prestige edition for 39L ex show room, but by the time you add T N registration etc it will be around 45.

So now I have to decide between new lux line 3 series for around 38 registered in Pondy
Vs
Any idea if we need to pay an additional entry tax to Tamilnadu state if we get the vehicle from Mumbai? My local BMW dealer claims that one must pay an entry tax of 12.5% on ex-showroom cost if I purchase the car from other state dealers before I could register it here. I am totally confused and the whole purchase process is getting too complicated.
Old 17th December 2016, 20:11   #78
BHPian

The dealer mentioned some CDC tax which is 1% plus additional 4K so all about 42k for a ex showroom price of 38. Need to verify it again with him about this entry tax.
Old 17th December 2016, 20:13   #79
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer mentioned some CDC tax which is 1% plus additional 4K so all about 42k for a ex showroom price of 38. Need to verify it again with him about this entry tax.
thanks, but it looks like this entry tax thing is still a grey area out here in TN
Old 17th December 2016, 20:35   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Vs
The 520d lux line, if it were used by a german executive, will have HR plates on it. Since that is where the head office it. Do check that, otherwise it may be a demo car.

The Mumbai dealer can help in getting PY reg too.
Old 17th December 2016, 20:45   #81
BHPian

The car has TN registration plate but the dealer said it's registered in the name of BMW as oppose to a demo car which might be registered as KUN dealer. I don't know I will check again.

Funny thing is there are two cars available with him both identical in spec and miles as well as Color (jatoba)! One registered on 7 march and another on 22 march.

Is there any definite way of verifying this? Assuming it's a exec car is it a good buy at 38L.
Old 18th December 2016, 14:20   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The car has TN registration plate but the dealer said it's registered in the name of BMW as oppose to a demo car which might be registered as KUN dealer. I don't know I will check again.

Funny thing is there are two cars available with him both identical in spec and miles as well as Color (jatoba)! One registered on 7 march and another on 22 march.

Is there any definite way of verifying this? Assuming it's a exec car is it a good buy at 38L.

Ah yes it slipped my mind that the factory is in Chennai. So very likely it could actually be a factory car with TN reg.

Considering you can get a new one, for 38 ex showroom, and this has run 17k kms you will need to see and drive the car to decide. See if everything is in good nick, and that nothing has been worn on the interiors. Also check for any suspension noises or rattles. Then take a call.
Old 18th December 2016, 15:29   #83
BHPian

Thanks akshay, ya i need to do my due diligennce. Registration is a staggring 8L so on road even a new base 520d will be around 46L
I remember GTO had mentioned something like a pre purchase check i can do for 8k which will verify everythig i wonder if i coiuld that

kun is the only dealer in chennai so do i have to that check with them?

At this point its either this 520 d for around 38 or a new 320 d lux line for same price but pondy registered which will create some issue during resale.

Last edited by krcustoms : 18th December 2016 at 15:31.
Old 20th December 2016, 02:40   #84
BHPian

Friends finally got tired of waiting so took the plung and booked the new 3 series lux line. Getting a good cash discount of 9.5L so that's not too shabby.

Okay a funny thing happend which forced me to ponder on an important fact. The used car lot for BMW got shifted to an industrial area of chennai called Ambattur Estate. I test drove a used 520d with 17k on it. Really beautiful car with superb road presence and handling but as you can imagine being an industrial area the roads are rough. Needless to say the 5 handled it beautifully , but it got me thinking about something profound, why would anybody ever bother to buy a Sedan in India. The roads are atrocious and the only vehicle that makes sense is a big ass SUV!

These BMW, Merc heck even Audi are all high precision performance machines designed to push the human limits. They obviously have been designed for places like Europe , North America ( even a humble 3 series could do a top speed of 235k!!, I mean that's insane) Why bothering driving these on the dirt patches we have!! That too at a premium which is double , triple the cost compared to any other part of the world where these machines are sold.

What's the logic? Of course you will always have exception with some people with so much of excess cash that they could afford pretty much million dollar machines and thus import them anyway but I am talking about the average team Bhpn who is a Motörhead with small business, service etc makes no sense to to be honest but as it turned I am my best counter example !

Personally it was a bucket list thing for me. Just once in life you want to be able to say "hey I owned a Beamer! "

At the end it's the heart not the mind stupid!!!!

(Sorry about that little rant )

Cheers and happy motoring! See ya on the road......

Last edited by krcustoms : 20th December 2016 at 02:49.
krcustoms is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 09:51   #85
EP.
BHPian

Hello BHPians! Its been a long time since I have posted on this forum, work and studies had kept me away.

Took a test drive of the 320d Sportline a few days back, and I am zeroing in on it (Almost!). But as it is customary among us BHPian to ask in the forum before buying any car, I thought I should make this post.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the current offers and discounts are? Also, any insights into BMW ownership will be much appreciated - dos, don'ts, general advice, what to look out for etc etc...

This is what I was offered:
-6L discount (I was told that this is including the GST offers)
-7.9 % interest rate

Autocar article about GST benefits (Link)

Thanks,
Paul
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:24   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP. View Post
Hello BHPians! Its been a long time since I have posted on this forum, work and studies had kept me away.

Took a test drive of the 320d Sportline a few days back, and I am zeroing in on it (Almost!). But as it is customary among us BHPian to ask in the forum before buying any car, I thought I should make this post.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the current offers and discounts are? Also, any insights into BMW ownership will be much appreciated - dos, don'ts, general advice, what to look out for etc etc...

-7.9 % interest rate

Thanks,
Paul
Where are you buying the car? As a BMW owner who got a good discount, i can assure you, you need to wring them a little more. That is too small a discount.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:49   #87
BHPian

Quote:

-7.9 % interest rate

Thanks,
Paul
I have bought this exact car in Red last dec with around 10L discount on the official OTR price in Bangalore. Went to showroom earlier this week and the offer is still going on.
neeravnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:22   #88
EP.
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravnaik View Post
I have bought this exact car in Red last dec with around 10L discount on the official OTR price in Bangalore. Went to showroom earlier this week and the offer is still going on.
Do you know if those are 2017 model cars or 2016 ones?

Thank you.
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:31   #89
EP.
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Where are you buying the car? As a BMW owner who got a good discount, i can assure you, you need to wring them a little more. That is too small a discount.
Thanks @Venom_op, I'm buying the car in Kerala, they offered me a discount of 7.9L from the on-road price. 6L discount was from the ex-showroom prices.

In your opinion, how much is a "good discount"?
Old 2nd June 2017, 11:47   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Do you know if those are 2017 model cars or 2016 ones?

Thank you.
No did not enquire about that
neeravnaik is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks