Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2016, 14:32   #1
Senior - BHPian

Chevrolet Cruze gets a minor facelift & more features for 2016

GM India has given its Cruze sedan a minor facelift and more equipment. The updated 2016 Cruze is priced between Rs. 14.68 - 17.81 lakhs (ex-showroom Delhi).

The Cruze receives minor styling updates in the form of new LED DRLs, chrome inserts in the horizontal foglamp housings as well as some added chrome on the front grill. It gets new projector foglamps and a rear lip spoiler.

Chevrolet Cruze gets a minor facelift & more features for 2016-gm-india-launches-new-chevrolet-cruze-2016.jpg

The interiors of the Cruze feature a new 7" MyLink touchscreen infotainment system which comes with applications such as internet radio (Stitcher), Grace Note and SIRI eyes-free compatibility. It also supports Bluetooth for telephony and audio streaming, voice recognition, touch controls for the climate control and vehicle personalization settings. Additionally, the Cruze receives a reversing camera and a new multi-function steering wheel.

Chevrolet Cruze gets a minor facelift & more features for 2016-new-chevrolet-cruze-2016-adds-mylink-infotainment-system.jpg

Mechanically, the Cruze remains unchanged. It continues to be powered by the 2.0L diesel engine producing 164 BHP / 380 Nm of torque. It's available with a 6-speed manual or automatic gearbox. ARAI fuel efficiency figures stand at 17.9 kmpl & 14.81 kmpl respectively.

Prices (in lakhs) for the updated Cruze are:
LT (MT): Rs. 14.68
LTZ (MT): Rs. 16.75
LTZ (AT): Rs. 17.81
S2!!! is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 14:54   #2
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet Cruze gets a minor facelift & more features for 2016

The new face (i.e. the bumper and grill) does not look that good, previous look was much better, however the new head unit makes the interiors look fresh. (ofcourse looks are subjective)
Old 30th January 2016, 15:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

It is very rarely that facelifts look better than the original. The original model is always designed as a whole and will always feature a seamless design ethos between bumper moulding to grille to body panels to light enclosures etc. Facelifts feature exterior styling elements that are meant to keep up with the times which does not necessarily gel with the rest of the original design. It's a bit like plastic surgery often times you will find that while everyone may like Scarlett Johansson's luscious lips, that doesn't mean that Keira Knightley wouldn't look just a bit off if she tried mimicking that, because the person was never meant to be that way Which is why I always believe the first iteration of a model is often the best looking. It is much better to simply freshen up one's look instead of altering things too much (new hairstyle, makeup and piercings could be the equivalent of a bodykit and smoked headlamps). The 1st Gen Cruze was far better looking than any of the facelifted versions. If I were a manufacturer I would introduce new variants like what Skoda did with the Rapid Black edition and add interior features to those instead of going the silly, expensive face-lift route

Last edited by IshaanIan : 30th January 2016 at 15:35.
IshaanIan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 17:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Comes a little too late this facelift. Moreover, Thailand get this Cruze with a completely redesigned rear imitating the Camaro.

http://en.chevrolet.co.th/cars/cruze...-overview.html

Goes on to show how half-hearted Chevy's efforts are for Indian market.

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2016 at 09:24. Reason: Typo
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 17:52   #5
BHPian

1. This facelift does not excite the car at all.
2. The interior of the car is more or less the same (except the touchscreen infotainment).
3. This model is still 5+ years old.
4. We get a facelift while the others get a whole new car, so unfair. I was actually excited about the new Chevrolet Cruze. They might launch it next year though.

Overall: Meh.
kvsingh13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 00:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Its just a case of too little too late. The fact that the posts on this topic have not gone to a 2nd page is a proof enough that there is hardly any interest generated by this facelift. Cruze at one point was really the diesel rocket and power house but unfortunately the other items it was lacking like interior quality, back seat comfort etc were never addressed and in 20 lac market no one wants a 5 yr old model.
supertinu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 21:11   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
It is very rarely that facelifts look better than the original. The original model is always designed as a whole and will always feature a seamless design ethos between bumper moulding to grille to body panels to light enclosures etc. Facelifts feature exterior styling elements that are meant to keep up with the times which does not necessarily gel with the rest of the original design. It's a bit like plastic surgery often times you will find that while everyone may like Scarlett Johansson's luscious lips, that doesn't mean that Keira Knightley wouldn't look just a bit off if she tried mimicking that, because the person was never meant to be that way Which is why I always believe the first iteration of a model is often the best looking. It is much better to simply freshen up one's look instead of altering things too much (new hairstyle, makeup and piercings could be the equivalent of a bodykit and smoked headlamps). The 1st Gen Cruze was far better looking than any of the facelifted versions. If I were a manufacturer I would introduce new variants like what Skoda did with the Rapid Black edition and add interior features to those instead of going the silly, expensive face-lift route
I couldn't help myself but thank you, in addition to just pressing the 'thank you' button. Because that is such a sharp analysis of the facelift, that i think it is among best that i have read here. Sorry mods, a little off topic.

But yes, my first reaction was "Whaa, meaning the new Cruze we have been seeing from the US is not coming here this year definitely" And, for this ?!?! Defines logic to me, honestly.
Vitalstatistiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 08:25   #8
BHPian

This is precisely why my next car ain't gonna be a Chevy. Their marketing department in India should be fired - and they should learn from Hyundais and Hondas/Marutis.
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:18   #9
Team-BHP Support

General Motors has announced the addition of a new Burnt Coconut colour for the Chevrolet Cruze. The new colour will be available at no additional cost. Apart from the new shade, the car is available in six existing colours - Switchblade Silver, Diamond White, Summit White, Sandrift Grey, Caviar Black and Velvet Red Metallic.

Prices for the Cruze start a at Rs 13.95 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).

Chevrolet Cruze gets a minor facelift & more features for 2016-cruze-burnt-coconut.jpg
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:49   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

General Motors has announced the addition of a new Burnt Coconut colour for the Chevrolet Cruze. The new colour will be available at no additional cost.

Prices for the Cruze start a at Rs 13.95 lakh (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
I have a very funny feeling that:

It Still Ain't Gonna be Enough!!

All due respect to GM, but seems like they have already thrown in the towel. Yes, Cruze has a stonker of an engine and probably is quite loaded with the facelift. This would have been a runaway success 5yrs back.

Today, cars that cost a lot less offer equally good (if not better) performance and can give the Cruze a run for its money & segment with the features.

Cruze was one of my favourite D segment sedans, but seems like the competition has walked by this "One Time Star".
Old 24th March 2016, 08:09   #11
BHPian

When i read more features i thought it will have tcs/esp but was wrong.
Old 26th March 2016, 15:09   #12
BHPian

I had my sights on the Cruze A/T, my wife had loved that car right from the day it was launched, so I went to their showroom, thinking that it was an old car with financial year coming to a close i was expeciting some good discounts. To my surprise the car was costing me close 21.5L on road with only 15K discount. I felt it was too much for the Cruz. A little disappointed that I could not buy her.
Old 26th March 2016, 16:27   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
To my surprise the car was costing me close 21.5L on road with only 15K discount. I felt it was too much for the Cruz. A little disappointed that I could not buy her.
Have you tried calling all the dealerships in your state? I can bet you will find a few that offer you huge discounts maybe on the pre-facelifted version
Old 26th March 2016, 22:27   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
Have you tried calling all the dealerships in your state? I can bet you will find a few that offer you huge discounts maybe on the pre-facelifted version
Tried unfortunately none for an automatic variant, found 1 manual transmission though, thats about it
Old 26th March 2016, 23:34   #15
BHPian

Current Cruze lags behind the competition by a fair margin. I think Chevrolet should stop the current gen Cruze sedan and perhaps bring its hatch version with the Optra TCDi (or equivalent specs engine) at Vento'ish prices? When you have nothing to lose, might as well do something disruptive!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks