Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:07   #46
BHPian

Shortchanged by 6 months! Damn! The happy ending will be if we can retrofit the HU, auto IVRM and rain sensing to the 2015 Polo.

Was anyways saving for the HU. If priced right and possible without warranty issues, would jump at the chance to get these done.

Suddenly the Polo looks like a fully loaded highly competent hatchback for the masses. Kudos to VW for the step, but brick brats for the step motherly treatment for 2015 owners - 2 updates in 6 months.
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:12   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Shortchanged by 6 months! Damn! The happy ending will be if we can retrofit the HU, auto IVRM and rain sensing to the 2015 Polo.

Was anyways saving for the HU. If priced right and possible without warranty issues, would jump at the chance to get these done.

Suddenly the Polo looks like a fully loaded highly competent hatchback for the masses. Kudos to VW for the step, but brick brats for the step motherly treatment for 2015 owners - 2 updates in 6 months.
Except for Rain sensing which needs to be checked, you can get a great plug and play HU(Android based) and Auto IVRM with bigger mirror in around 30k and takes less then 1 hr to fit them :P
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 22:21   #48
BHPian

My Polo GT is just 4 months old. Do i regret buying it?
Hello No. If I didn't have the car, i wouldn't have been able to make those memorable trips!!

Kudos to VW for upping the ante. Now, time for Honda to spice up the Jazz
Old 2nd February 2016, 23:03   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Except for Rain sensing which needs to be checked, you can get a great plug and play HU(Android based) and Auto IVRM with bigger mirror in around 30k and takes less then 1 hr to fit them :P
1 hour for IRVM or 1 hour for both IRVM and HU? I am planning to install the HU in my new Vento TSI but I was told by the SA that I will face warranty issues. Does it make sense to install the HU?
Old 3rd February 2016, 00:47   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiroon View Post
1 hour for IRVM or 1 hour for both IRVM and HU? I am planning to install the HU in my new Vento TSI but I was told by the SA that I will face warranty issues. Does it make sense to install the HU?

For both took me exactly 15 minutes to swap stock system with Android head unit. Took 30 mins for the car accessories shop guy to fix IVRM, so give another 15 mins buffer.

Well change of HU is definitely worth it coupled with good speakers. The stock speakers are extremely bad. As for warranty VW has always been notorious about it, so they can refuse it on tiny things. I have made too many changes to the car already, so don't care about it anyway.

Last edited by AtheK : 3rd February 2016 at 00:48.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 01:41   #51
BHPian

Guys,

I just booked my polo gt tsi today and came across this thread.

Ive managed to get a discount on the blaupunkt philadelphia that has GPS and reverse camera and im getting it for 54k all inclusive which seemed like a decent deal as it retails online on sites like flipkart for 52k

Still havent made the final payment which i was going to do tomorrow morning and im really happy i saw this thread so it gives me some leverage to negotiate

This is the VIN I got:MEXA16606GT068797 so its a Jan manufacture, would it have the new features? any way to check?

Does this new headunit come with GPS? if yes then how does it match to the philadelphia? Coz if it has GPS and the markup on the exshowroom for this model is 30k then ill still save 22k and get more features if i opt for it

Would appreciate some quick advise.

Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 06:33   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Guys,

I just booked my polo gt tsi today and came across this thread.

Ive managed to get a discount on the blaupunkt philadelphia that has GPS and reverse camera and im getting it for 54k all inclusive which seemed like a decent deal as it retails online on sites like flipkart for 52k

This is the VIN I got:MEXA16606GT068797 so its a Jan manufacture, would it have the new features? any way to check?

Does this new headunit come with GPS? if yes then how does it match to the philadelphia? Coz if it has GPS and the markup on the exshowroom for this model is 30k then ill still save 22k and get more features if i opt for it

Would appreciate some quick advise.

Thanks
Jan 2016 cars should be coming with the new changes. You can also cross check based on the ex showroom price communicated to you. The updated tsi is 8.9L ex showroom Delhi. In any case reconfirm that you are getting the updated car before making the payment.

The new HU does not have GPS and also video playback ( not very sure on this). The 835 has both. But the new HU supports mirror link and hence you can cast your mobile screen from a compatible phone.

If you are anyway getting the new model, does not make sense to get the 835. You are already paying 30-40k extra for the new model and then another 52k for the 835 (which is quite expensive) does not make sense.
Old 3rd February 2016, 07:16   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Jan 2016 cars should be coming with the new changes. You can also cross check based on the ex showroom price communicated to you.

Based on the VIN your car is 2016 model already. I purchased a Jetta last week which was manufactured in November 2015 but was a 2016 model. It was equipped with the new MIB2 HU.

Check with the car if it is in the stockyards.

Oddly enough I checked for Vento which was a 2016 model in Pune showroom and it was equipped with old infotainment system. It left me somewhat confused.

Please check with the dealer.
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:43   #54
BHPian

I spent 23k and got a touch screen Head Unit installed on my month old GT TSI and now they are offering that along with rain sensing wipers and auto dimming rear view mirror for just about 30k more
Come on now only few months back they added cruise control and auto folding mirrors because of which I though it's the right time to purchase the car.
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:50   #55
BHPian

I see that mirrorlink doesn't work with iPhones.
Is there any DIY method by which we can get Apple CarPlay installed in the new Vento? Or is VW offering any choice of the same?
If anyone has already met any VW dealer, then his/her inputs would be of great help. Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:37   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofanwheels View Post
I see that mirrorlink doesn't work with iPhones.
Is there any DIY method by which we can get Apple CarPlay installed in the new Vento? Or is VW offering any choice of the same?
If anyone has already met any VW dealer, then his/her inputs would be of great help. Thanks
In the video below , Renukha says that mirror link should work with iPhone's

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-vid...eo-399988.aspx
csnanjappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:52   #57
BHPian

When are the next gen Polo/Vento expected?
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:34   #58
BHPian

VW has apps available on the App store and Play store for their Mirrorlink systems http://volkswagen-carnet.com/int/en/...-download.html.

Some of the apps are compatible with my Oneplus One. Perhaps we won't get 100% Mirrorlink, but we'll probably be able to use many features. Probably won't be seamless though. We'll have to wait for someone to get their hands on one of these Polos with their Android phone (without mirrorlink).
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:46   #59
Senior - BHPian

I wonder when will VW offer projector head lights with DRLs on the Polo / Vento. If Hyundai offers this on the i20 and Vera, what is the problem with VW? That would truly be an upgrade.
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:10   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I wonder when will VW offer projector head lights with DRLs on the Polo / Vento. If Hyundai offers this on the i20 and Vera, what is the problem with VW? That would truly be an upgrade.
Going by their moves I think in another 6 months there will be a new update with projector head lights and DRLs on offer

Most Viewed