Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:46   #61
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Any word on whether the lower trims (TL, CL) get these changes?

In particular, now that the Ameo gets ABS as standard across the range, does the Trendline Polo also get that?
here you go. VW sales representative sent me this today morning.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features-12666532_10205917770358706_783565218_n.jpg  

ariendj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:56   #62
BHPian

the weird thing is that i had enquired about polo last month and they had offered 30k discount plus other adjustments on 2015 polo. for 2016 polo its 10k plus the same 'adjustments'. now what about the 2nd version of polo!!
so in short there are 3 type's of polo available. 2015 manufactured,2016 and the latest.
and the 2016 manufactured version1 polo wont be having these latest features because it was just announced 2 days ago. weird.
Old 3rd February 2016, 21:04   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekswarup View Post
Shortchanged by 6 months! Damn! The happy ending will be if we can retrofit the HU, auto IVRM and rain sensing to the 2015 Polo.

Was anyways saving for the HU. If priced right and possible without warranty issues, would jump at the chance to get these done.

Suddenly the Polo looks like a fully loaded highly competent hatchback for the masses. Kudos to VW for the step, but brick brats for the step motherly treatment for 2015 owners - 2 updates in 6 months.
Yes, its possible to fit all new features - HU, auto IVRM and rain sensing wipers for ~ 40K; confirmed by a dealer in Kerala

We bought 2 cars for family in the month of January. Polo GT TSI on Jan 2nd and Vento TSI on Jan 24th

I would say, Instead of RCD 330, RNS 310/315 would have been an ideal choice. Since Mirror link is available on RCD330, VW thinks no one will complain about the missing navigation.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technolo...ms/rns-310-315

Last edited by LionX : 3rd February 2016 at 21:08.
LionX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 22:14   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
the weird thing is that i had enquired about polo last month and they had offered 30k discount plus other adjustments on 2015 polo. for 2016 polo its 10k plus the same 'adjustments'. now what about the 2nd version of polo!!
so in short there are 3 type's of polo available. 2015 manufactured,2016 and the latest.
and the 2016 manufactured version1 polo wont be having these latest features because it was just announced 2 days ago. weird.
From what I can understand from this thread, all the 2016 cars get the touchscreen and all the latest features.

Does the Polo also get the camera integrated in the boot like the Ameo? Wait, does the Polo get a camera first-of-all?
Old 4th February 2016, 00:39   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

not sure guys why are you guys so excited about a puny 5" Touch screen with probably no RCA outs and sub controls. You can get much better system for this price range. It is good to have feature but honestly for the 42k price increase these features do not add value if you already have an older version. Get a better audio system with all the features inbuilt in HU.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 01:44   #66
BHPian

I'm still on the fence on this one. I booked the tsi 2 days ago and called up my SA and told her i want the new one. She says it should be in the showroom tomorrow so i can inspect it and make the final decision.

The one that was alloted to me albeit a Jan manufacture doesnt have these new features.

Strangely its to be on display on the 5th at the auto show in delhi and these guys will have it in their showroom a day earlier.

So what ive discovered is that the mirrorlink only work with a handful apps and what i had hoped was to mirror google maps onto it.

But alas that wont work.

Sygic is the only nav app that works with mirror link and its Rs.2.5k for the maps past the 7 day trial ( step by step turn voice navigation isnt in the free version along with some other features which arent of consequence in india and the HUD only works at night and im checking out an alternative called Navier HUD)

Sygic in my short test today is extremely poor compared to google maps and with google now offering navigation with offline maps as well, this seems like a waste of money IMHO. Google maps search even with offline maps is faster and more precise than Sygic

I had managed to get a good deal on the blaupunkt philadelphia with navigation and a reverse camera and now this ICE seems pretty inadequate

Rain sensing wipers seemed cool at first but now somebody posted earlier that they dont turn on automatically when it rains, rather that the only the speed is adjusted depending on the intensity of the rainfall... another drawback

No reports on the quality of the internal dimming mirror.

If anybody has more insights please advise.

Thanks
nova9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 03:21   #67
mxh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova9 View Post
Rain sensing wipers seemed cool at first but now somebody posted earlier that they dont turn on automatically when it rains, rather that the only the speed is adjusted depending on the intensity of the rainfall... another drawback
If this is true then I see it as simply misleading advertising. It should be called speed sensing wipers, not rain sensing.
Old 4th February 2016, 08:10   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Thanks
My comments on the rain sensing wipers based on my experience with them in the Jetta.

Rain sensing wipers have two functions. First is to automatically turn on when it starts raining and another is adjust the wiper speed according to the intensity of the rain. Initially, I had set the wipers to automatic rain sensing position. I found this to be a little unreliable. The wipers used to get turned on even when there was no rain. But the wiper speed adjustment based on intensity of the rain works like a charm. When the rain is heavy, the wipers go full speed, and when it drizzles, the wipers do a single wipe when the windshield is fairly covered in water droplets well before it becomes a problem for visibility.

Now, I turn on the wipers to rain sensing mode when it starts raining and turn them off when it has stopped raining.

So, lack of automatically turning on the wipers during rain is not a great concern. Automatic speed control with intensity of rain is going to be very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
If this is true then I see it as simply misleading advertising. It should be called speed sensing wipers, not rain sensing.
If the speed of the wipers automatically adjust based on the intensity of the rain, they are still rain sensing wipers
graaja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 09:12   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
My comments on the rain sensing wipers based on my experience with them in the Jetta.

So, lack of automatically turning on the wipers during rain is not a great concern. Automatic speed control with intensity of rain is going to be very useful.
This was exactly my thought. Turning it on is a one time thing, but the real use would be if it adjusts speed based on rain intensity. Thanks for the explanation. Hope the one on the Polo/Vento/Ameo has the same functionality.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 10:49   #70
BHPian

Quote:

Sygic in my short test today is extremely poor compared to google maps and with google now offering navigation with offline maps as well, this seems like a waste of money IMHO. Google maps search even with offline maps is faster and more precise than Sygic

I had managed to get a good deal on the blaupunkt philadelphia with navigation and a reverse camera and now this ICE seems pretty inadequate

No reports on the quality of the internal dimming mirror.

Thanks
As @AtheK rightly put it, the small touchscreen unit on the new model seems very gimmicky and poor in comparison to say the fabulous android hu or even the more expensive philadelphia 835. Also you get a far better and bigger touchscreen experience in the above two models along with loads more usable features and navigation. Heck, if stock looks isn't your concern, one can look at a fully loaded pioneer Avic f70bt which has a stunning touch screen, built in navi, can play FLAC/WAV files off USB and BT too and also far better and richer audio and tuning features if one may so need.

The auto dimming IRVM provided seems a decent one, but they are quite cheap now on aliexpress anyway, and not having one in a new car isn't a deal breaker imho. Far better ones are available too from Gentex if one wants to splurge like their awesome new frameless series looks just wow.

Its eventually only the rain sensing wipers that you will miss out if you opt for an older model which is something only you can decide if its singularly important enough for you or no.

I would still stick to the older model at 42k cheaper + additional discounts if any because the three new features added do not appeal to me at an added cost of 42k in an already expensive hatch and the new tiny touchscreen headunit feels like a half baked experience at best imo.

Comparatively the last update in august was a substantial one with usable features like Cruise Control, Electric Folding Mirrors with Blinkers and Cooled Glovebox at just a 10k hike in price back then which was a complete VFM deal and made it a no-brainer proposition to opt for the updated model back then.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 4th February 2016 at 11:04.
prince85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 11:07   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
From what I can understand from this thread, all the 2016 cars get the touchscreen and all the latest features.
no ,all the 2016 cars doesn't get the latest features. its like i said. the present polo model ,which is polo 2016 model doesn't have those.
Old 4th February 2016, 11:18   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Going by their moves I think in another 6 months there will be a new update with projector head lights and DRLs on offer
Oh man!! I was waiting for the 2016 model to launch before I booked my GT TSI. But if it is true that VW will be launching another version with projectors and DRLs in 06 months then I am going to wait for sure!! I am sure the price (I assume another 10k-20k) hike will then be justified as then this would be the ultimate premium car. Who knows they may add auto lighting too :-)
Old 4th February 2016, 12:21   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Oh man!! I was waiting for the 2016 model to launch before I booked my GT TSI. But if it is true that VW will be launching another version with projectors and DRLs in 06 months then I am going to wait for sure!! I am sure the price (I assume another 10k-20k) hike will then be justified as then this would be the ultimate premium car. Who knows they may add auto lighting too :-)
Well an addition of DRL+Projector will be nothing less then 30-40K, VW is no saint, they have already put a good premium on what they just added. The auto headlight mod costs 4.4k, and takes exactly 10 minutes to install. You can get the projectors and DRL done for around 30K as well.

Point being if you have your heart set on something, go for it now, rather then waiting and waiting. Because in 6 months times probably we will have news floating around that in one year a complete facelift is coming, so will you wait another year for that
Old 4th February 2016, 12:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Well an addition of DRL+Projector will be nothing less then 30-40K, VW is no saint, they have already put a good premium on what they just added. The auto headlight mod costs 4.4k, and takes exactly 10 minutes to install. You can get the projectors and DRL done for around 30K as well.

Point being if you have your heart set on something, go for it now, rather then waiting and waiting. Because in 6 months times probably we will have news floating around that in one year a complete facelift is coming, so will you wait another year for that
I agree with you on this and yes the auto lighting console is also available at a nominal cost as OEM. But are the OEM projectors with DRL available at a nominal cost? Correct me if I am wrong but I guess they will cost a good 60k-70k for the mod.

Now, the reason I am being particular with the projector-DRL headlamps is because I have seen similar local mods done but the LEDs in the headlight console act as parking lights and not DRLs. In the OEM headlight consoles the DRLs are bright and dim down and convert into parking lights when the parking light switch is turned on.
Old 4th February 2016, 13:05   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
I agree with you on this and yes the auto lighting console is also available at a nominal cost as OEM. But are the OEM projectors with DRL available at a nominal cost? Correct me if I am wrong but I guess they will cost a good 60k-70k for the mod.

Now, the reason I am being particular with the projector-DRL headlamps is because I have seen similar local mods done but the LEDs in the headlight console act as parking lights and not DRLs. In the OEM headlight consoles the DRLs are bright and dim down and convert into parking lights when the parking light switch is turned on.
Agreed with your observation, but do you really think the one they will give is the 60-70K one, i believe there will be some cost cutting on that also. That said personally i usually want my car to look different so i prefer after market mods. In Bangalore we have some really good light installer, lumen system comes to mind, who do a great job.

That said please stay away from Taiwan Manufactured ones as they are the one which exhibit the qualities you mentioned. On another note once VW does launch those lights i think we should be anyway be able to retrofit it in our old cars

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks