Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2016, 20:28   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features

VW has refreshed the Polo (and also the Vento) for 2016 (Yes, yet again). The 2016 version now gets the below additional features.
  • Rain Sensing wipers
  • Dynamic touch screen infotainment system
  • Phone Book and SMS viewer
  • Mirror Link Connectivity
  • Auto Dimming IRVM

Note: Representative Image

Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features-volkswagenpolo2016.jpg

Speaking about the refresh, Michael Mayer, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said,

Quote:
Vento and Polo have been among our best-selling carlines since their inception in the Indian market, and I am delighted to announce the introduction of these additional features. Providing a further boost to safety, the rain sensor and auto-dimming IRVM features allows the occupant to drive with ease and convenience. We are optimistic of continuing to raise the bar through our brand new offerings, and further expand the growing Volkswagen family in India
With these additional features, the prices have also been increase by around 30K. It is assumed that these features will be available in the Highline and GT variants.

There are no changes to the mechanicals or other features. The Polo last got additional features like Cruise Control, Electric Folding ORVM and Cooled glove-box in the middle of 2015.

This basically means someone who owns a 6-7 month old Polo already misses 7-8 features.

Source: Financial Express
Rajeevraj is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 21:27   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features

Got to appreciate VW for continually updating the feature list. Not only mid cycle facelifts, but VW is seriously tracking the new features offered by the competition in their newer launches and ensuring VW cars and not left far behind. Impressive.

Companies like FIAT, Chevrolet, Toyota etc need to learn from this example IMO.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 22:08   #3
Team-BHP Support

Great moves by VW in adding features to the Polo. Now we can't really say its lagging behind vehicles like Hyundais in terms of features. The rain sensing wipers and dimming ORVMs are immensely useful, and after being used to them, not having them is a real pain.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 22:17   #4
BHPian

I saw a Mars red coloured Polo with a GT grill yesterday. Are they giving more colour options? or was it just a mod job?
Old 1st February 2016, 22:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

This could also indicate a lack of foresight on the part of the product planners to a person who thinks deeper. Do they encourage retrofit of incremental features in the recently manufactured cars? Anyone buying one now, will be worried that, VW might add something just a few weeks down the line and regret not having delayed the purchase a bit. Not a very assuring feeling. Though some might argue about taking up a DIY project (which not all will be intent to take up).
1100D is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 22:51   #6
BHPian

Well. I bought a Polo in 2012 and just 5 days after, it was refreshed with updates most importantly with improved Head unit (RCD 310). I was frustrated at that time and thought VW cheated me. Now I had bought Vento and 5 months after (still the number is same ) it happens again. But I have become more matured now so understand that this is part of the game.

As to the features, it is much needed for VW since the competition has upped the game long back and VW cannot sell the car in India just by build quality.

Perhaps I will put a keen eye on the new infotainment system and see if it is really worth to upgrade. Just assume that Vagtune and like will start to bring them to their display soon.
senthils27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 23:11   #7
BHPian

What happened to the projectors? The International polo has one. Its pity that the competition has it as a segment feature, Vw missed it big time. Maybe in the next facelift!
Old 1st February 2016, 23:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_the_Don View Post
What happened to the projectors? The International polo has one. Its pity that the competition has it as a segment feature, Vw missed it big time. Maybe in the next facelift!
Projectors aren't a feature even in the international polo - even the GTI for that matter. So I doubt VW India would be able to give a feature that doesn't exist on the EU versions as of now.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 23:44   #9
BHPian

As a Polo Owner not even a month old, I will always be

But, Volkswagen are quite known for this ! I just saw a car comparison on Youtube - Jetta vs Octavia and the time in which Autocar completed their review, Jetta had some new features loaded in it !!

But the main features IMO is the Phone Book and SMS reader along with the touch infotainment system.

I can live without the rest !
varunraizada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 23:52   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Companies like FIAT, Chevrolet, Toyota etc need to learn from this example IMO.
Yes but as you already are aware of I'm sure, Fiat's Punto was the first hatchback that set the standard for useful features at a time when it hardly had competition of any sort. The Blue&Me system, voice control, the extremely well pregrammed CANBus, most functional MID and safety overrides etc set a standard that almost no comparable car even today can keep up with, unfortunately very poor marketing and not tweaking & improving further on those features cost them badly.

VW's Polo consistently earns my respect after each features upgrade, after the last update I said the Polo TSi made for a fantastic engine+car combo (minus the space of course). With the current update 2 very essential features have been added i.e auto-wipers and auto dimming rear mirror, the other 3 are kind of superfluous in my view but hey why not. Its been a long journey for this car which came with a bare-bones exterior & interior with simply terrible engine configurations to the current segment leading feature list+driver friendly engines. A driver armrest, rear-aircon vents & a stiffer steering setup will put it directly into competition with the luxury hatches like Mini (feature-wise at 1/4th the price). VW still needs to learn a thing or two about driving feel across the range.

Last edited by dark.knight : 1st February 2016 at 23:57.
dark.knight is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 00:29   #11
Team-BHP Support

I can't help but feel like I've got a raw deal.

My Polo TSI isn't even a year old yet, and these are the features it misses:

- Auto-retract ORVMs with integrated blinkers
- Cruise Control
- Cooled Glovebox
- Updated touch-screen head unit
- Auto-dimming mirrors
- Rain sensing wipers

..and the list goes on!

You can't blame Volkswagen though. Fresh from the emission scandal and having to deal with a slew of premium-hatchback launches, there's only one way they can spruce up what is essentially a 6 year old car!
suhaas307 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 06:56   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Press release from VW. This is the same HU coming in the Ameo.

Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features-2016vwpoloandvwventopressrelease1638.jpg
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 07:11   #13
BHPian

I was looking forward to this but there is one more addition to the Vento upgrade that would have ended my car hunt ie 6 air bags. I just hope this could have been offered. I believe the russian ventos have xenons and led drls.

Not expecting much from Ameo but eagerly looking forward to its announcement later in the day.

Its going to be tough to decide now but for my needs ecosport is still the number one. I love the interior of Vento and the TSI engine.

rgds
dv
Old 2nd February 2016, 07:36   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Press release from VW. This is the same HU coming in the Ameo.
Here is the 2nd sheet of the press release.
Volkswagen launches 2016 Polo with additional features-2016vwpoloandvwventopressrelease21024.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:25   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

VW has refreshed the Polo (and also the Vento) for 2016 (Yes, yet again).
Thank you Rajeevraj for sharing the official confirmation.

One of my colleagues recently booked a GT TDI and he had informed me that these features would be available on the batch he would be allotted.

HOW I WISH VW had provided these during my GT purchase

Anyways, now for the most Obvious and Immediate question:

Can any (if not all) of these features be retrofitted at the dealership? Ideally, these must be made available as part of 'Accessories' which can be bought of the counter from VW.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks