Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2016, 16:10   #151
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Jeep Renegade spied testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I've always wondered why Jeep chose a name with such negative connotations. Must be someone with a slightly warped sense of humour who suggested it.
What will this sub 4 metre one be named I wonder. Jeep Traitor or Turncoat maybe?
Completely in keeping with the "Maverick" "Non-conformist" ideology that they wanted to create. In this context, the Renegade sounds quite good really.
Just that little bit of edginess and "wildness" about it which in some sense makes for its appeal to the seekers of the unconventional.

Quite simply put, most of the urban people who want and buy this kind of vehicle will be the suited and booted variety, who, by buying such a vehicle type with such a name, are only trying to live their escapist fantasies - a fantasy world of "escape" from the corner cubicle that they occupy in order to pay the bills!

Same concept as the Safari and "reclaiming one's life".

Most of us live humdrum, unexciting, conventional lives - the car we choose to drive reflects our "inner "unfettered" personality, which is trying its best to "escape" the humdrum existence we are forced to maintain in order to pay the bills!

I, for one, am most definitely an example of this sort of character.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 16:32   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Completely in keeping with the "Maverick" "Non-conformist" ideology that they wanted to create. In this context, the Renegade sounds quite good really.
Just that little bit of edginess and "wildness" about it which in some sense makes for its appeal to the seekers of the unconventional.

Quite simply put, most of the urban people who want and buy this kind of vehicle will be the suited and booted variety, who, by buying such a vehicle type with such a name, are only trying to live their escapist fantasies - a fantasy world of "escape" from the corner cubicle that they occupy in order to pay the bills!

Same concept as the Safari and "reclaiming one's life".

Most of us live humdrum, unexciting, conventional lives - the car we choose to drive reflects our "inner "unfettered" personality, which is trying its best to "escape" the humdrum existence we are forced to maintain in order to pay the bills!

I, for one, am most definitely an example of this sort of character.
Ok I can understand that. A name like Maverick would sound cool - Safari is in keeping with its concept. Edgy, non conformist names are pretty good for such vehicles. But isn't a name with highly negative connotations a bit risky? Obviously not - since these vehicles sell well and folks are quite happy with the name. Don't get me wrong- I quite like hard sounding names
like marauder, raider, raptor etc. There's a winning aspect to these.
Quisling? Maybe not.
Wolf - yes! But Hyena - no.
Assassin (has a sinister but thrilling feel) - so ok - but Murderer - a definite no.
Anyway it's just me wanting to spend some time on a lazy Sunday nitpicking.

Last edited by wilful : 23rd October 2016 at 16:46.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 22:22   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Jeep continues Renegade's platform testing for made-in-India product - Sub 4 m Compact!

Attachment 1569511
Attachment 1569512

http://www.carwale.com/news/jeep-con...product-25476/

I am curious as to how can this be less than 4m or equal to it? Especially when it has to compete with the likes of Duster and Creta. It has to be more than 4m... isn't it?

Pardon my ignorance if any...

Regards
Bharath
Old 23rd October 2016, 22:25   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharath79 View Post
I am curious as to how can this be less than 4m or equal to it? Especially when it has to compete with the likes of Duster and Creta. It has to be more than 4m... isn't it?
There is a Compact /SUV from Jeep planned in the near future. It is rumored to be < 4m in length and having parts sharing with the Jeep Renegade.

Jeep Renegade as such is not expected to be launched in India!
Old 24th October 2016, 11:53   #155
BHPian

New car spotted on test in Bangalore!

Spotted this new car being tested in road in Bangalore. I could not figure out the make or model of the car. Being KA01 registered, I feel this may be a Toyota.

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-newcar1.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-newcar2.jpg

Sorry, I could not take more shots as I was driving.

Last edited by .anshuman : 24th October 2016 at 12:05. Reason: Pictures watermarked. Thanks for sharing
gopalnayak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 12:06   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New car spotted on test in Bangalore!

Note from Support: Pictures watermarked. Moving out from Assembly line section. Thanks for sharing the scoop with us
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 12:13   #157
Senior - BHPian

could be the diahatsu rush
Old 24th October 2016, 12:19   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

This looks like the Jeep Renegade from the tail lamps and the alloys. But why a KA registration? Probably Bosch is testing the injection systems on the car and got it registered with its address and hence the KA 01 number.

Location looks like the Hosur Road a bit further from the St Johns hospital road. This is close to the Bosch unit.

A thread already exists for this and the link

PS: Mods you may merge this thread with the existing one.

Last edited by nkrishnap : 24th October 2016 at 12:21.
Old 24th October 2016, 12:22   #159
Senior - BHPian

Looks more like the Jeep Renegade with KA 01 Trade Certificate Plates. Tail Lamps & Side Profile Indicate the same.

But, This could also be a Benchmarking Car for Toyota's New C-SUV in Future. They might have imported this Renegade & could be using it for R&D I guess.

PS- Just as nkrishnap said, It might be used by Bosch for testing. Is Jeep Planning something Unique for the India Spec C-SUV it is developing ?

Last edited by CarguyNish : 24th October 2016 at 12:29.
Old 24th October 2016, 12:33   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
PS- Just as nkrishnap said, It might be used by Bosch for testing. Is Jeep Planning something Unique for the India Spec C-SUV it is developing ?
Yes they do, Bosch were testing the fuel injection system for Tjet when they were localizing it here. So I do believe that they may be developing something for the Jeep Brand itself. More so as they are planning to export the ones manufactured here to Right Hand Drive markets. So locally made parts would help keep part cost in check.
nkrishnap is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2016, 18:22   #161
BHPian

It appears that some of these Renegade 'mules' are for the c-suv/newCompass, as-a-whole or particular components+powertrain (2litre mjd2+9-speed auto, fca's own-made version of the zf one.)

While others could be mules for a more-or-less 4m Renegade avatar, the 'b-suv', based off a platform different to the Renegade's: the next-gen, long wheelbase, lightened and strengthened 'Palio'/'326' one that underpins the current Indian Linea+Punto.

JEEP has had a technical r&d centre in Chennai for years now, from well-before the Fiat/FCA days, after all.

It appears that the b-suv (below the Compass/c-suv) is an emerging market-special avatar of the Renegade, esp for Asia, and esp rhd, and different to the sub-Renegade 4x4 a/b-Jeep 'Junior' a la Suzuki Jimny/Panda Cross4x4, (?) as yet, being plotted for other, wider markets (ex-usa, especially Europe and LatAm.)
Old 12th November 2016, 22:55   #162
Senior - BHPian

Am in Zurich for work and passed by the Fiat showroom where i spotted the Renegade. It looks wider than my Ecosport, probably the width of Duster. Seems to have a lenghtier footprint too. The fit-n-finish levels are top-notch!

I feel this can at-most go against Creta, the base model, if it does get launched in India. Probably even pricier but that is with the same level of fit-n-finish and equipment. They will reduce the feature list for sure.

Until then, enjoy some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-20161112_162857.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-20161112_133415.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-20161112_133424.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-20161112_133306.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-20161112_133257.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-20161112_162838.jpg  

Last edited by Nilesh5417 : 12th November 2016 at 22:57.
Nilesh5417 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th December 2016, 14:55   #163

Spy Pics: Jeep Renegade and Compass

I spotted two Jeep camouflaged test mules on NH8 near Gurugram on my return journey from Jaipur this weekend. They were driving at a steady speed of 60.

Apologies for poor picture quality.

First two are Renegade and the later Compass.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-dsc_0054.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-dsc_0055.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-dsc_0056.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-dsc_0057.jpg  

Last edited by Samurai : 27th December 2016 at 16:59.
CSharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:14   #164
BHPian

Spotted in Pune Yesterday. First impressions - Didn't look like a large car. The driver was maybe too cautious but he didn't use gaps in traffic and was content to drive at a slow speed. Good for him.
DJ
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_2534.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_2531.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_2529.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_2532.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_2545.jpg  

pickdj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2017, 15:43   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
Spotted in Pune Yesterday. First impressions - Didn't look like a large car. The driver was maybe too cautious but he didn't use gaps in traffic and was content to drive at a slow speed. Good for him.
DJ
This looks like the Compass, not Renegade

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks