BHPian

Re: Jeep Renegade spied testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
This looks like the Compass, not Renegade
YES, it looks compass to me also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickdj View Post
The driver was maybe too cautious but he didn't use gaps in traffic and was content to drive at a slow speed.
Even I have noticed few test mules going pretty slow. May be the drivers are instructed to drive that way for some trials.
Old 12th April 2017, 20:05   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems like FCA India is finalising the Renegade as it's volume-selling SUV offering for India.

ACI reports that FCA India is targeting a late-2018 or early-2019 launch for the localised Renegade from it's Ranjangaon plant, which will be the most affordable Jeep SUV in India.

Pricing is expected to be in the Hyundai Creta range, with the Renegade positioned at a lakh more than equivalent Creta variants.

Quote:
The 4.2-metre long Renegade is a lifestyle SUV that takes a lot of its neo-retro styling cues from the original Jeep Renegade, a version of the CJ3 made back in the 1970s. For the Indian market, Jeep could offer the Renegade with the same engines as on the Compass, though with lower power outputs. This means that the Renegade could be offered with the now locally assembled 2.0-litre MultiJet diesel engine developing in the region of 140hp, along with a 1.4-litre MultiAir petrol motor also developing around the same amount of power.
If volumes allow, Jeep could also localise the 1.6 diesel and 1.4 petrol engines, especially with Fiat’s Ranjangaon facility being very competent in localising engines.
As with the Compass, expect the Renegade to be offered with the option of four-wheel drive on select variants and engine options.
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-coloradoredblack.jpg

So, the Renegade will end up being the "Jeep 526" to the Compass's "Jeep 556" for the Indian market.

No sub-4m SUVs from the Jeep stable in the future, then.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 12th April 2017 at 20:06.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 20:09   #168
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Seems like FCA India is finalising the Renegade as it's volume-selling SUV offering for India.

ACI reports that FCA India is targeting a late-2018 or early-2019 launch for the localised Renegade from it's Ranjangaon plant, which will be the most affordable Jeep SUV in India.

Pricing is expected to be in the Hyundai Creta range, with the Renegade positioned at a lakh more than equivalent Creta variants.

Attachment 1629097

So, the Renegade will end up being the "Jeep 526" to the Compass's "Jeep 556" for the Indian market.

No sub-4m SUVs from the Jeep stable in the future, then.

I love the Renegade.
Actually prefer it to the Compass.
But the one I love best is the Patriot.
I wish they'd bring that in!
Old 12th April 2017, 23:16   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I love the Renegade.
Actually prefer it to the Compass.
But the one I love best is the Patriot.
I wish they'd bring that in!
I agree with you dude! I've been with you on this choice; just less vocal.

I just love the looks, retro interiors, right size, aspiration factor - actually everything about this vehicle.
Of my two current rides, I've always thought of replacing Jetta with a German 'holy trinity' entry car all this this time.
If this launches - out goes all those plans.
This will replace Ecosport on Day 1.

I hope this is based on some inside info, and not 'gone viral' news! I'll be waiting..
Old 13th April 2017, 17:39   #170
BHPian

Just look at the amount of details in this car! Just mind blowing I must say!! Really, really impressive! Hope all this makes it to the Indian version as well!

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeep-front-windscreen.jpg
A cute little silhouette of the original Jeep on the front windscreen!

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-rear-glass-yeti-bigfoot.jpg
A Yeti/Big foot silhouette on the rear windscreen!!

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-armrest-bin-rubber-mat.jpg
Trail map on the armrest bin rubber mat! wo!

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-fuel-filler-spider.jpg
Crazy!!! A spider impression with a 'ciao baby' text!

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeep-face-mirror-unit.jpg
Original Jeep face impression on the IRVM unit! classy!

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jerry-can-tail-lights.jpg
Jerry Can inspired tail light design!

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-rubber-mat.jpg
Another trail map on a rubber mat from the center console!
vinair is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 21:26   #171
BANNED

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Just look at the amount of details in this car! Just mind blowing I must say!! Really, really impressive! Hope all this makes it to the Indian version as well!

Attachment 1629444

A cute little silhouette of the original Jeep on the front windscreen!

The Jeep Cherokee I was using a year and a half ago in the US also has this Jeep logo on the windshield - showing it ascending some rocky terrain.

The Patriot I was using in the US last December didn't have this logo on the windshield though.

On another note, this type of sticker is easily available on Amazon.com. I bought one in the US recently and stuck it on my Gypsy windscreen just because I love Jeeps.

It is indeed a nice touch. I also love this kind of attention to detail!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 13th April 2017 at 21:40.
Old 17th April 2017, 20:56   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted testing in partial camouflage on the streets of Bangalore by a DriveSpark spy.

Quote:
The test mule keeps the same boxy SUV shape as the Renegade sold outside of India.
Up front, Jeep's signature multi-slat grille is considerably evident as are the round headlamps. Below the grille sits a chunky bumper housing a large air dam in the centre along with fog lamps on either side.
As for the side profile, SUV looks quite boxy along with the pumped up wheel arches. The Renegade test mule wears 10-spoke alloy wheels.
At the rear, the taillamps are quite small and trivial compared to the rest of the rear end featuring a large bumper and a roof spoiler.
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-1.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-2.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-4.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-7.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-8.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-6.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-3.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-5.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 11:11   #173
BHPian

Spotted a Jeep Renegade being tested on my way back from Aurangabad to Pune. It seemed to be a mid-variant since there was no rear wash wipe and even the tyres were mounted on steel rims. What was most surprising though was that the car had white registration plates and not the typical red ones seen on test vehicles. Since it was dark, couldn't click pics.
Old 22nd May 2017, 23:39   #174
BHPian

When the Jeep Renegade and Jeep Compass are launched in India, we can expect Renegade to be around 10-15% cheaper than Jeep Compass. That's about it

As we see below, the 2017 Jeep Renegade starts at USD 17,995 while the 2017 Jeep Compass starts at USD 19,940. At Indian prices these should be 1152000 INR starting for Jeep Renegade and 1276160 INR starting for Jeep Compass.

The ex-showroom for Jeep Compass is speculated to be 160000 INR starting. So Jeep Renegade could be 1400000 INR starting. Very unfair that these are 20% above the US pricing
See link below
http://www.newcars.com/reviews/jeep-...egade-suv.html
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2017, 07:07   #175
BANNED

If they bring in the Renegade at about 18-20 lacs all in OTR for the absolute Top Spec Trailhawk version, I will consider it.

To me this is the ideal size and fantastically capable too.

More than enough for me as an all round vehicle, just like the Yeti is, today.

No need for any other type of car for me,
for my everyday, long distance and all sorts of general purpose usage.
Old 27th May 2017, 09:38   #176
Senior - BHPian

The interior quality will not be patch compared to your yeti
Old 27th May 2017, 14:29   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
When the Jeep Renegade and Jeep Compass are launched in India, we can expect Renegade to be around 10-15% cheaper than Jeep Compass. That's about it

As we see below, the 2017 Jeep Renegade starts at USD 17,995 while the 2017 Jeep Compass starts at USD 19,940. At Indian prices these should be 1152000 INR starting for Jeep Renegade and 1276160 INR starting for Jeep Compass.

The ex-showroom for Jeep Compass is speculated to be 160000 INR starting. So Jeep Renegade could be 1400000 INR starting. Very unfair that these are 20% above the US pricing
See link below
http://www.newcars.com/reviews/jeep-...egade-suv.html
Except if Jeep's Indian pricing is anything to go by, they could end up costing a lot more than that. The Grand Cherokee starts at a mere USD 30,000 which is equivalent to about INR 20,00,000. Actual ex-showroom price in India? INR 98,00,000. So don't keep your hopes high on decent pricing.
Porcupine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 05:20   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Except if Jeep's Indian pricing is anything to go by, they could end up costing a lot more than that. The Grand Cherokee starts at a mere USD 30,000 which is equivalent to about INR 20,00,000. Actual ex-showroom price in India? INR 98,00,000. So don't keep your hopes high on decent pricing.

Those are CBUs. So not a direct correlation between price - even though GC is atrociously priced even for a CBU!

Both Compass as well as Renegade, which I am skeptical will come in the same form to India, will be manufactured in India. Though I hope I am wrong, I think we may get cheaper 'Indi-fied' (read - automotive euphemism for cheap) version for our market.
Old 29th May 2017, 10:22   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Those are CBUs. So not a direct correlation between price - even though GC is atrociously priced even for a CBU!

Both Compass as well as Renegade, which I am skeptical will come in the same form to India, will be manufactured in India. Though I hope I am wrong, I think we may get cheaper 'Indi-fied' (read - automotive euphemism for cheap) version for our market.
My friend who works for a Fiat / Jeep dealership says the Renegade will be economically priced around 12 lakhs and will be launched by 2018 March. Anybody has insider info on the launch dates?
Old 29th May 2017, 10:49   #180
BHPian

Is it only me or any one else also thinks that this Renegade "526" (Pictured in red above) is an ugly ass vehicle. Or we are all excited just because it is a Jeep.

Please see this link https://www.indiacarnews.com/wp-cont...ompact-SUV.jpg (Vitara Brezza anyone)

Sorry there was no offence intended to anyone. I do not work for any of the automobile companies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks