Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 00:28   #106
BHPian

Re: Jeep Renegade spied testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I have no information from Jeep other than what I ve seen on this thread and on their India website - all the currently available info on the web is very very sketchy and I won't put too much credence into it, as most of it is highly speculative, like my own posts as well!
Shankar, I might have some good news for you!
I do not know if you are subscribed to the Jeep India website and if you have shared your contact details with them, but I had done the same long time back and to my surprise, I received a call from a Jeep India executive about a week back!

I was really impressed on getting a call from their side. It was about the upcoming models and the launch dates. He also literally asked me to ask any questions that I would have had for them. And of course, what better way to get any news about Jeep from these guys themselves?

I had a proper 20 minute call with the person and got all the details. They are not revealing any details about the pricing or fixed dates of the Renegade but have confirmed that it will be launched in the Indian market in the first half of 2017. There are 2 dealerships with service centres coming up in Delhi and Ahmedabad first, and Mumbai too will get its own in the following few months. I also asked them to notify me if they have any upcoming promotional drives of their SUVs here in Mumbai, to which he happily agreed and promised to keep me posted about the same.

I am quite pleased and impressed with this. I hope they nail the after sales as well.
A confirmed approximate timeline is assuring amid all the speculation.

Cheers,
Luv.
Luv_Jaiswal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 03:17   #107
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Jaiswal View Post
Shankar, I might have some good news for you!
I do not know if you are subscribed to the Jeep India website and if you have shared your contact details with them, but I had done the same long time back and to my surprise, I received a call from a Jeep India executive about a week back!

I was really impressed on getting a call from their side. It was about the upcoming models and the launch dates. He also literally asked me to ask any questions that I would have had for them. And of course, what better way to get any news about Jeep from these guys themselves?

I had a proper 20 minute call with the person and got all the details. They are not revealing any details about the pricing or fixed dates of the Renegade but have confirmed that it will be launched in the Indian market in the first half of 2017. There are 2 dealerships with service centres coming up in Delhi and Ahmedabad first, and Mumbai too will get its own in the following few months. I also asked them to notify me if they have any upcoming promotional drives of their SUVs here in Mumbai, to which he happily agreed and promised to keep me posted about the same.

I am quite pleased and impressed with this. I hope they nail the after sales as well.
A confirmed approximate timeline is assuring amid all the speculation.

Cheers,
Luv.
Nice to hear.
Saying that it doesn't seem logical to have a service centre in Ahmedabad as compared with say Bangalore.
The National roll out also, ought to include cities where there is inherently a higher propensity of buying these vehicles, such as Bangalore, for sure.
The main thing here will be the pricing. If it is indeed in the region of that 25-32 Lacs on road in Bangalore it is worth considering. Any higher and it is not worth the price.

Last edited by shankar.balan : 29th August 2016 at 03:21.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 09:51   #108
Team-BHP Support

We will know tomorrow. Am en route to the launch
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 11:27   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
We will know tomorrow. Am en route to the launch

I will be surprised if they share details on this yet, waiting for a positive response.
Waiting curiously to know the price of the GC & Wrangler,as It's going to be a make or break for the brand building activity.
Old 30th August 2016, 10:07   #110
Senior - BHPian

Here is the pricing

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-image.jpeg
SnS_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 10:18   #111
BHPian

Going by currently published price list of Wrangler, renagade will be n overpriced dud. People would rather buy a Land Rover discovery than a Renagade for about 50 lakhs.
Old 30th August 2016, 10:21   #112
Senior - BHPian

The pricing is a giant LOL! They have completely made themselves irrelevant in the market with that kind of pricing. I doubt if they'd be able to sell even one car at those prices.
reignofchaos is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 10:43   #113
BHPian

I see a lot of potential for Mahindra Thar now. Give more features in the Thar and see it moving off the racks!! Not that it is not selling right now, however, a little more creature comforts and safety features will not hurt!

Common FCA!! What are you thinking?? No new cars in the FIAT line-up and the new cars which you bring through in form of Jeep are priced insanely!

This only shows a pre-cursor to Jeep Renegade's pricing, if at it makes way to our shores.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 10:51   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The pricing is a giant LOL! They have completely made themselves irrelevant in the market with that kind of pricing. I doubt if they'd be able to sell even one car at those prices.
FCA should name its currenty two planned dealership in India as Museum rather than Showrooms as people will visit them to see their cars not buy them
SnS_12 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 10:58   #115
BANNED

Jeep India announces
its pricing in India.
My information is courtesy Nikhilb2008.
And what a joke it is!

I wonder what their India FCA Team are Smokin' these days.....must be some hotshot consultants who are completely disconnected from the real world...

Looks like they arent targeting the true 'Jeep' enthusiasts or the people who really know and will use these vehicles.

Seems that their preferred target audience are Politicians, Goons, Real Estate Demons and other Distinguished Members of the Corrupt-o-cracy exclusively!

Much luck to you Jeep India-you seem to have clearly forgotten where you began life - in the trenches of WW2!

Enjoy!Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-imageuploadedbyteambhp1472534824.995374.jpg
Old 30th August 2016, 11:01   #116
BHPian

I have been saving some money to book a Wrangler. I just saved some! I feel its priced just twice its worth and with extra cost payable for registration of a CBU import- just not worth it. Suddenly T Fort, Endy and Pajero Sport seem so much VFM. Good Luck FCA.
Old 30th August 2016, 11:59   #117
Senior - BHPian

Looks like FCA has the penchant for making their products Dead-On-Arrival?

And then dole out deep dish discounts to whoever step foot into their dealership, like Fiat has to? Cannot understand FCA (maybe I don't need to, either).
Old 30th August 2016, 12:26   #118
Senior - BHPian

With pricing like this, Land Rovers, and the Germans seem like VFM products and well, the Mustang looks like a bazooka-bang for the money I am hoping the Renegade would come with decent localization and make Jeep's Indian operations seem somewhat serious - right now it is a big joke!

And wait, were they actually contemplating to establish a dealership network with these kinds of prices in mind?

Last edited by aravind.anand : 30th August 2016 at 12:27.
Old 30th August 2016, 18:19   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
I see a lot of potential for Mahindra Thar now. Give more features in the Thar and see it moving off the racks!! Not that it is not selling right now, however, a little more creature comforts and safety features will not hurt!

Common FCA!! What are you thinking?? No new cars in the FIAT line-up and the new cars which you bring through in form of Jeep are priced insanely!

This only shows a pre-cursor to Jeep Renegade's pricing, if at it makes way to our shores.
I agree.
The Mahindra Thar will be an unwitting beneficiary of FCA's idiotic pricing strategy.

I really honestly cannot even begin to understand how they can even contemplate such pricing in India.

Unless they have a cunning plan to introduce the Renegade in some really cheap third class specification/ trim level and then make the Renegade into a real mass product by fully indigenising it and making it in India and then making it available at a real low price. (At least it will feel like a low price in comparison!)

This would mean that Jeep is then trying to take on the Koreans and Japanese at their own game, all the while relying on the so called Premium Cues that they have tried to establish, by outpricing the Wrangler and Cherokee etc.

Jeep strategy smacks of Renault's strategy in some sense - the way they launched in India with the Koleos which never sold much.
And then the Fluence which is inherently a good product but didn't really set any charts afire.
And beautifully paved the way for their Duster and Pulse and Scala and all the mass products.
"Create some kind of a Premium Image first" then follow it up with a bunch of affordable mass market products which will guarantee volumes and thus, help bolster the brand's relevance.

I would love to buy either the Jeep Renegade or the Jeep Patriot. If they bring a Renegade in at 25-30 lacs-ish (on Road) in its top spec and if they bring in the Patriot at say 15-20 lacs range (on Road) for its top spec, these would make a very decent value proposition.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 18:20   #120
BHPian

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Jeep India announces
its pricing in India.
And what a joke it is!

I wonder what their India FCA Team are Smokin' these days.....must be some hotshot consultants who are completely disconnected from the real world...

And there goes our dreams of owning the Renegade, buddy. We were thinking in the ballpark of 20-35? This surely means that it won't cost anything less than 40-50 lacs OTR.

The Internet is blowing FCA back to kingdom doom! These prices are in no way justifiable. My God. I can't even get a grasp over this

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks