Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2016, 19:35   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Jeep Renegade spied testing in India

I saw this day before yesterday in Dubai. Took a few minutes to quickly photograph it.

It is absolutely perfect as a vehicle overall for my kind of needs and if indeed, this comes to India in the near future and is priced in a fair and equitable manner, then I will surely look at this as my next upgrade, in preference to all the other vehicles around...

Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_4197.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_4201.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_4198.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_4199.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_4200.jpg  

shankar.balan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 19:00   #47
BANNED

A heck of a vehicle in a heck of a spec.
Surely if it comes to India this will be easily 30 Lacs.
But certainly worth looking at/ aspiring to as my next upgrade. Definitely better by far in comparison to the standard boring VW's and Volvo's and Audi's and Mercs and Beemers in my book!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-screenshot-20160424-19.05.22.png  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-screenshot-20160424-18.56.47.png  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-screenshot-20160424-18.55.50.png  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-screenshot-20160424-18.55.56.png  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-screenshot-20160424-18.56.04.png  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 24th April 2016 at 19:07.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2016, 20:07   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I saw this day before yesterday in Dubai. Took a few minutes to quickly photograph it.
That's a how a Jeep should look like But I doubt that if Fiat will have the luxury of pricing it 25-30 lac range. From the news we are hearing about the new plant that is getting ready for Jeep assembly and with enough localisation they should slot it in Creta or XUV territory.

I know I am daydreaming, but at the end of day its Fiat and we will never know anything for sure until it happens
Old 25th April 2016, 05:37   #49
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ411 View Post
That's a how a Jeep should look like But I doubt that if Fiat will have the luxury of pricing it 25-30 lac range. From the news we are hearing about the new plant that is getting ready for Jeep assembly and with enough localisation they should slot it in Creta or XUV territory.

I know I am daydreaming, but at the end of day its Fiat and we will never know anything for sure until it happens
Wait and Hope. Wait and Hope. Like Edmond Dantes in The Count of Monte Cristo!
Old 30th April 2016, 19:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:

Looks like the pictures were taken in front of "Festival Tower" next to Intercon, Crowne Plaza hotels in Dubai.

Quote:
A heck of a vehicle in a heck of a spec.
True, it's a Compact SUV with the DNA of a REAL SUV unlike so called many other Compact SUVs available in the market which IMO are nothing but pumped up hatchbacks in disguise. When you go through the specs, It looks like this car is capable of doing extreme off-roading with ease as well as can give one the comfort of city driving.
cbatrody is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 21:26   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbatrody View Post
Looks like the pictures were taken in front of "Festival Tower" next to Intercon, Crowne Plaza hotels in Dubai.

True, it's a Compact SUV with the DNA of a REAL SUV unlike so called many other Compact SUVs available in the market which IMO are nothing but pumped up hatchbacks in disguise. When you go through the specs, It looks like this car is capable of doing extreme off-roading with ease as well as can give one the comfort of city driving.
Yes
It was taken at Festival Tower.
and yes, this vehicle is the "real thing" - one day when it comes to India it is definitely a serious contender for my next upgrade.
Old 4th May 2016, 15:30   #52
BHPian

This has got that killer looks with all essential SUV features and with the right pricing near to XUV or Creta or Duster top variants, this will become a hit. But they have to give focus equally on the number of sales and service network to be on par with the competition. If they are watching on what happened to SCross and EcoSport with the price corrections, they should take a wise decision.

If all these falls in place, I am also a contender.
Old 4th May 2016, 18:19   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebi View Post
This has got that killer looks with all essential SUV features and with the right pricing near to XUV or Creta or Duster top variants, this will become a hit. But they have to give focus equally on the number of sales and service network to be on par with the competition. If they are watching on what happened to SCross and EcoSport with the price corrections, they should take a wise decision.

If all these falls in place, I am also a contender.
They will find it hard to match these indigenous vehicle prices unless they localise heavily. This can't be expected at least for a year or two from launch.
Also, the spec illustrated in my earlier post, won't come cheap. Im pretty sure we're looking at Yeti territory - around 30 Lac on road.
I hope they launch the Renegade with the brilliant Sirius XM Radio set up and help with subscriptions too!
Old 5th May 2016, 15:16   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

2016 Jeep Renegade caught on Video in India!

Source- Autocolumn
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 09:02   #55
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=SKkzSU7TtBg

Source- Autocolumn
nice Nice NICE!

I want one already!

I really hope it comes in at a good price and in sufficient types and variants to suit most enthusiastic Jeep people!

Really, this is one heck of an upgrade for me to aspire to.
Old 6th May 2016, 09:40   #56
BHPian

Quote:
nice Nice NICE!

I want one already!

I really hope it comes in at a good price and in sufficient types and variants to suit most enthusiastic Jeep people!

I am also eagerly looking forward to this as my next upgrade only if Fiat has plans to launch here, as of now a new C-SUV is supposed to be launched next year, this does not feature in their India plans
Old 6th May 2016, 10:06   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Looks rather big. Almost the size of Scorpio

Quote:
Isn't Renegade in the same class as the Yeti? It wouldn't be an upgrade in the strictest sense, right?
Old 6th May 2016, 15:23   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Looks rather big. Almost the size of Scorpio

Isn't Renegade in the same class as the Yeti? It wouldn't be an upgrade in the strictest sense, right?
Nope. While it might be in the same class overall, it is bigger than the Yeti by a Size or more. It is more like in an Audi Q3, Hyundai Tucson, Honda CRV size but in that TrailHawk Spec, the Jeep Renegade is around ten times more capable as a machine! Its a Jeep!

While the Yeti is a pretty good machine overall, for me personally, I love Jeeps and always have done right from childhood and if the Jeep Renegade does come to India at a fair price, then Im going to seriously consider it.

I absolutely loved driving the Jeep Cherokee Latitude in America on my last visit. That was a gorgeous vehicle.

In this sense it will be an upgrade for me, on account of its proven capability and toughness and JEEP DNA. Again Im saying, its a Jeep! For me that itself is enough.

All the other Quasi SUV things are not Jeeps!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 6th May 2016 at 15:25.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 15:30   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

The Jeep Renegade was spied during it's testing rounds with a Skoda Yeti in tow (possibly a benchmark vehicle) by a Rush Lane reader near Mudumalai National Park in Tamil Nadu.

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-11140x761.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-3.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-2.jpg

Quote:
FCA’s Indian subsidiary had gone on record previously to say that the Renegade is too small for the market. So why is it testing in India? Well, it appears to be testing certain hardware (including the powertrain) that will be shared with the upcoming Jeep C-SUV (Project 551).

The C-SUV would be a size larger than the Renegade but it will share the same platform. Touted to be a successor to Compass and Patriot, the C-SUV will have Brazil and India as its primary production locations. It will be pitted against the likes of Skoda Yeti and Honda CR-V.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 17:24   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. While it might be in the same class overall, it is bigger than the Yeti by a Size or more. It is more like in an Audi Q3, Hyundai Tucson, Honda CRV size but in that TrailHawk Spec, the Jeep Renegade is around ten times more capable as a machine! Its a Jeep!
I don't think Renegade is any bigger than the Yeti - just my feeling having seen them both on the road and it certainly does not look as big as the CRV. It looks more cute than imposing on the road. But, as far as capabilities go, you could be right!
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks