Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2016, 09:12   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Renegade spied testing in India

Spotted 2 Renegades few days back, 1st one just after ARAI on Paud road & 2nd one on Senapati bapat road. Surprised to see regular registration number series on test mule vehicles & not TC or TCF number plates.
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-renegade01.jpeg
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-renegade02.jpeg
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2016, 14:44   #137
BHPian

Drove a Renegade as a rental recently and have to say it is quite a nice little car. I was impressed at the attention to detail (like the Jeep grille hidden in plain sight - in places like the mirrors, glove compartment), interior quality and just about everything in this absolutely great little Jeep. As a multiple Jeep owner who has viewed the video evidence that this small Jeep is leaps and bounds above the competition, and capable of satisfying 99% of potential Jeep buyers, I must declare it a real Jeep .
Jeeper1941 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 11:39   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

The Renegade's interiors have been partially spied on a testing run in Bangalore!

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadeinindia13.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadeinindia3.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadeinindia4.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadeinindia14.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadeinindia6.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadeinindia7.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-jeeprenegadeinindia8.jpg

Question still remains - Is Jeep testing out the Renegade thoroughly before officially launching the SUV in our market, or is the platform undergoing extensive testing for future use as the "Jeep 551"'s underpinnings?

Rush Lane
Old 5th September 2016, 12:52   #139
Senior - BHPian

Do we have any clarity on which model is coming to India - is it the Renegade or the 'Jeep 551' vehicle? I think we are all getting excited by spotting the Renegade whereas there is fat chance of this actually happening.

Looking at the poor pricing of Jeep's other offerings, they are likely to find the cost of producing Renegade here prohibitive (which I don't think is), and thus shove the 'India spec' model down our throats. I for one hate these India spec ones models. They are mostly poverty stricken models marketed as custom made for India/developing nations.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 5th September 2016 at 12:54.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 15:11   #140
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Do we have any clarity on which model is coming to India - is it the Renegade or the 'Jeep 551' vehicle? I think we are all getting excited by spotting the Renegade whereas there is fat chance of this actually happening.

Looking at the poor pricing of Jeep's other offerings, they are likely to find the cost of producing Renegade here prohibitive (which I don't think is), and thus shove the 'India spec' model down our throats. I for one hate these India spec ones models. They are mostly poverty stricken models marketed as custom made for India/developing nations.
Like Toyota Etios designed for India and for El Cheapo characters who don't want the International specs. Why only Toyota? Every other manufacturer does it.
Why do they always treat this market this way? At least offer the best spec on "order" basis to allow some of us to pay and buy what we need!

But as covered in some other thread by Ajmat we are given to understand that Renegade is not destined for India. Beats me why they need to test it so much if they are NOT going to launch it. And even if they DO launch it, it ought to work perfectly well, because it is a model which is working perfectly in other similar countries! Like the South American countries!

So if as per that other thread they are going to give us a Compass or Patriot, then why don't the fools get moving fast? Even on CKD basis and at 30 ish lacs there will certainly be takers for these vehicles! I have done some research and specced up the Renegade, Compass and Wrangler SWB and Patriot as per the Jeep 75th Anniversary editions with lots and lots of bells and whistles. All the prices come through at about the equivalent of 25-41000 USD. The specs and pricing are all published on some other thread on this Forum.(I think it is the one entitled Jeep Cherokee - Driven)

Now if these wunderkinder and big shot MBA -blunderbuss-dunderhead-wallah types at Jeep India were to consider what we are consistently screaming about here, then they could quite easily bring in all these above mentioned models on CKD basis and make them quite affordable offering them in a range of pricing at between 20-35 lacs.

And by this, they can literally change their fortunes in this market!

India IS certainly a fast maturing market now and ought not to be ignored. All this "poverty stricken" "peasant class" "de-specced" models being offered here simply serve to irritate people like us. And the over priced top spec vehicles and models irritate us even more as they are plainly aimed at those poseurs and power-class types including these evil politicos and nasty real estate type demons.

Why Jeep, Why?

What about US normal animals who also simply love and want to buy a real Jeep?

Last edited by shankar.balan : 5th September 2016 at 15:24.
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2016, 09:17   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
---
But as covered in some other thread by Ajmat we are given to understand that Renegade is not destined for India. Beats me why they need to test it so much if they are NOT going to launch it. And even if they DO launch it, it ought to work perfectly well, because it is a model which is working perfectly in other similar countries! Like the South American countries!
---
As noted the Jeep Renegade is not likely to be launched here.

In April 2016, the FCA group conducted a survey by giving S/CUV's owners an invite to drive EcoSport, Vitara Brezza and Creta. My friend was invited to the same ( he owns a S Cross)

A survey questionnaire was to be filled on various parameters including likes and dislikes of each including an if they met the expected price range.

They never said it was from Fiat including the invite( send by consultants) but the officials had the FCA logo on their Shirt.

It is now evident they will bring an India specific C/SUV likely on the Renegade and the C- SUV platform as announced at the Jeep Launch targeting Duster/Creta/ EcoSport price wise.

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th September 2016 at 09:19.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 14:21   #142
BHPian

This is what I came across some days ago.
Location - Old Kharadi Mundhwa Road, Pune
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_20160908_175447.jpg
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_20160908_175449.jpg
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_20160908_175449_1.jpg
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_20160908_175450.jpg
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_20160908_175541.jpg
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_20160908_175542.jpg
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_20160908_175543.jpg
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_20160908_175543_1.jpg

iamback is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 14:51   #143
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
As noted the Jeep Renegade is not likely to be launched here.

In April 2016, the FCA group conducted a survey by giving S/CUV's owners an invite to drive EcoSport, Vitara Brezza and Creta. My friend was invited to the same ( he owns a S Cross)

A survey questionnaire was to be filled on various parameters including likes and dislikes of each including an if they met the expected price range.

They never said it was from Fiat including the invite( send by consultants) but the officials had the FCA logo on their Shirt.

It is now evident they will bring an India specific C/SUV likely on the Renegade and the C- SUV platform as announced at the Jeep Launch targeting Duster/Creta/ EcoSport price wise.

I wish they had targeted us Yeti owners as well!
We would have given them some solid feedback and are probably better qualified to do so, because for guys like us, a Renegade or Compass or Patriot or Short Wheelbase Wrangler is a logical upgrade from the Yeti...
Old 13th September 2016, 23:00   #144
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Plenty of test vehicles roaming around Pune. Saw this Jeep Renegade in USP the other day.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_4688.jpg  

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_4690.jpg  

//M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2016, 11:12   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Interiors caught on camera by an OnCars reader in Goa.

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-b322c54b494fa2f865e08cba52a2f780__1.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-c1452d27cbcf5b63bf9814cf8c024a72__1.jpg

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-bca8dad15dbd39cf116a958f5cd79d70__1.jpg

Quote:
The spy shots reveal a clear exterior as well as interior images of this upcoming SUV, though under heavy camouflage.

There is a multi-spoke steering wheel with mounted controls. Going by the spy shots, the cabin colour scheme is expected to remain largely black in nature. The centre console will get a touch screen multimedia system mounted on top of which are protruding air-vents. The dashboard is highlighted in numerous places with silver accents.
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 11:00   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Jeep's baby SUV - the Renegade, has been caught testing in India. While Jeep is expected to begin its Indian expedition with the Wrangler Unlimited, Grand Cherokee SRT and Grand Cherokee, the Renegade would make the Jeep brand accessible to mid-size premium SUV buyers.

It isn't clear if the test mules seen here are being tested for the Indian market or for global benchmarking. If Jeep isn't launching the Renegade here, the camouflaged cars could be testing powertrains for the upcoming Rs. 20-25 lakh Jeep SUV that it is expected to make its Indian debut in 2017.

In the UK, the Renegade is available with engine options like the 1.4L MultiAir II petrol (138 BHP / 230 Nm), 1.6L E-TORQ petrol (109 BHP / 152 Nm), 1.6L Multijet II diesel (118 BHP / 320 Nm) and a 2.0L Multijet II diesel (138/168 BHP / 350 Nm). The Renegade can be had with front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, and is available with manual and automatic gearboxes.

Attachment 1467566

Spy shot via: Motor Octane
I read that the Renegade shares it's underpinnings with the Compass. So, it is more likely the Compass would land here. Secondly, the looks of the Compass are more identifiable (in our country) compared to the Renegade.
Check the pics: http://www.motor.es/noticias/jeep-co...201630497.html

Also, considering what Jeep has done with the pricing of the Wrangler, the Compass would cost 50 Lacs - somewhere in the range of a Q5 or an X3.
Old 29th September 2016, 12:40   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

The Jeep Renegade has been caught up close by a Motor World India reader.

Among other things, he has posted the first clear shots of the interiors and a couple of videos.

RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2016, 11:47   #148
BHPian

Re: Jeep B-Segment SUV: Here are more details

Spotted at FC Road in Pune by a friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-img_3408.jpg  

VR/46_Chet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2016, 11:31   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep continues Renegade's platform testing for made-in-India product - Sub 4 m Compact!

Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-.jpg
Jeep Renegade spied testing in India-b.jpg

http://www.carwale.com/news/jeep-con...product-25476/
Old 23rd October 2016, 13:21   #150
Senior - BHPian

I've always wondered why Jeep chose a name with such negative connotations. Must be someone with a slightly warped sense of humour who suggested it.
What will this sub 4 metre one be named I wonder. Jeep Traitor or Turncoat maybe?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks