Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:57   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
... the general public comes in to touch, feel, sit and selfie with everything:

Btw, a little tweaking of the TUV could have made it much more attractive. But Mahindra is Mahindra. And stretching things a bit, I wonder if Mahindra will do to Pininfarina, what Chris to BMW ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
The body design looks similar to the Komodo concept:
.. but marrying XUV design to this body frame might actually drawn some attention.
This concept definitely has the XUV's front. And the sweeping coupe-ish rear that we had seen in earlier pics.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:57   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Great first coverage there

Nothing seems so exciting here as of now and so we will have to wait until aero and tivoli is seen in flesh. On the other hand seeing in their live webcast, Mojo (two concepts), Genze (electric) was unveiled with Mojo Tribe App, websites and what not. Soulmate performed at the event too. All of these details to be captured on a separate thread or are coming up soon here?

PS: and yes that door handle on KUV tail light just made my day. I don't have to visit official jokes thread for now

Last edited by abirnale : 3rd February 2016 at 15:59.
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:21   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
On the other hand seeing in their live webcast, Mojo (two concepts), Genze (electric) was unveiled with Mojo Tribe App, websites and what not. Soulmate performed at the event too. All of these details to be captured on a separate thread or are coming up soon here?
Mahindra 2-Wheelers will be covered in a separate thread
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:13   #19
Senior - BHPian

If not the ugliest, possibly the most overstyled vehicle range for sale in India. The design details are mostly extravagant and when they are not they are absolutely tasteless appliqués strewn all across the body and the lights. Unofficially they also hold the record for the sheer number of times the car model name is placed on the car in question... Poor old Scorpio! On the tail lights or shall I say in the tail lights, on the plastic side body mouldings, interiors, rear door! Daum!
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

I feel sorry for Mahindra and their designers. Specially after seeing how they ruined the looks of Mahindra Thar. One of the ugliest jeep i have ever seen. Those BIG tyres, incomplete rear look and punny snorkel with BIG ORVMs.
But i should not be surprised after seeing their latest launches (TUV and KUV). Being used generations of Mahindra and possibly all model of their Jeeps (right from Willys LHD to Invader to Major NGCS, except Thar), I used to be a big follower of their rugged looking vehicles. But from last decade, how they started murdering their lineup and introducing weard and whacky vehicles, i have lost faith in them.
God bless them with some creativity with elegance

Regards,
Shubhendra Singh
Shubhendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

Even without seeing the other manufacturer threads, we can safely nominate the Mahindra pavilion for ugliness personified for its cars. Seriously, not one of the new designs or facelifts have been appealing.

To top it, monstrosities like the mods on an already ugly KUV seal their fate in the looks department.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 18:29   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Even without seeing the other manufacturer threads, we can safely nominate the Mahindra pavilion for ugliness personified for its cars. Seriously, not one of the new designs or facelifts have been appealing.

To top it, monstrosities like the mods on an already ugly KUV seal their fate in the looks department.
Sometimes I keep thinking whether the problem is with us or with Mahindra. To people like me, most of their designs look ugly and whacky, but when we look at the sales chart, it sells like hot cake. And as Rehaan mentioned, it might be the ugliest KUV that may set sales records.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 20:24   #23
CSC

A detailed and thoughtful coverage that more than satisfies the yearning amongst those of us who cannot be there physically !
Notwithstanding the sometimes over-the-board designing by Mahindra, I remain an admirer for their sheer perseverance in the SUV segment. At some point, their own vehicles seem to compete with each; effectively edging out rival SUV makers from limelight! Let's not forget that Indian tastes are unique, mastered to a point by Mahindra that each of the models shown here is a winner in its own right. Ultimately it is the market response that decides the success.
Hoping to see more pictures from the event. Thank you and keep the great work going!
CSC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 22:42   #24
BANNED

Earlier it was the Maruti's thread that I used to open in a hurry to see what is new but this time it was Mahindra's turn. All I felt is it was a mistake.

There is nothing exciting or new on display other than the Tivoli and Aero concept. Sad!

Back to Maruti!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 22:58   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I loved the TUV 300 'Endurance' modified version. That does look good. Probably, that's going to be offered via their modification unit. Otherwise, nothing much to look forward to, may be except Tivoli which may stir up the segment.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 23:47   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Modified TUV300 & KUV100

Speaking of modifications, the changes on this TUV really help its otherwise blocky & flat looks:
Attachment 1468130
The only decent-looking vehicle on the Mahindra stall. I hope better sense prevails and Mahindra eventually facelift the TUV with this in mind - minus the protruding grill slats!
RitanRex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 05:31   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the detailed coverage.

The Thar looks awesome. Hope Mahindra do sell such customization's at affordable costs.

However, the spare tyre for the Thar looks too big, can it be used as a spare tyre actually?
Old 4th February 2016, 05:58   #28

Hi,Is there a way we can the get the specifications of IMPERIO (double cab pickup in commercial vehicle section) and can it be bought for use for domestic purpose.Actually was looking for Scorpio Getaway with their new model designs but it seems the vehicle is not there and I was wrong in my assumption.
Old 4th February 2016, 06:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some people might wonder why there is another door handle on the tail-light
Having said that, the Imperio have plenty of them in the grill and the bumper.
Attached Images

rajeev k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 07:23   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsass View Post
Hi,Is there a way we can the get the specifications of IMPERIO (double cab pickup in commercial vehicle section) and can it be bought for use for domestic purpose.Actually was looking for Scorpio Getaway with their new model designs but it seems the vehicle is not there and I was wrong in my assumption.
FYI : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...-ex-thane.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks