Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2016, 23:04   #196
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Does anybody have any info on whether the DDiS 200 Engine is going to be an SHVS variant as in the Ciaz ? Been trying to find this info, but not able to get any info on this anywhere. All the pics of the Brezza from the Auto expo also do not have an SHVS badge. Can somebody confirm.
Yes, according to my dealer Breeza will have the SHVS variant similar to that of Ciaz. I have made the pre booking.
WildInstincts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 11:12   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza dealer training is scheduled from Feb 20 - 23rd.(confirmed).
Vehicles will be available and the venue will be under tight security as seen at the Baleno training.

Following that the Media drive will happen and official bookings could start in first week of March while the Vitara Brezza will also be on display at strategic locations.

Launch of Vitara Brezza will happen any day between March 20 - 25th. ( 23rd?)

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th February 2016 at 11:28.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 11:53   #198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza dealer training is scheduled from Feb 20 - 23rd.(confirmed).
The people from local dealership here are going for training from 22nd Feb to 29th Feb at regional training facility at Ranchi. 2 days of training is for advisors and 5 days for technical. The official communication doesn't mention Brezza but lists it as YBA.
Old 17th February 2016, 15:05   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Launch of Vitara Brezza will happen any day between March 20 - 25th. ( 23rd?)
I heard a bird chirping that the Launch of Brezza is planned for 25 March (Good Friday) and the birdie is 95% confident on this date unless something drastically changes with Horoscope in the senior management and marketing team, also based on the numerology of the name BREZZA

Last edited by PetroTurbo : 17th February 2016 at 15:08. Reason: Quoting
Old 17th February 2016, 16:07   #200
BHPian

I have been window shopping for a new ride since last 3 years but till date have not been able to close the deal. This time with all the talk, feed and pictures of VB i think i may be able to replace my car. However the following are the important points and boxes to be ticked.

1. Higher seating position with good visibility and high GC
2. Car should be small so as to make it easily manoeuvrable (less than 4 mts is Good)
3. Budget is around Rs 1 Million ( i have been increasing it by Rs 50K every 6 months since last 2 yrs)
4. Car should be practical and have a roomy interior(Benchmark is RITZ)
5. Spare and Service should be available all around and should not be very costly.This is desirable but not mission critical.
6. Standard Safety features from my RITZ(ABS,AirBags etc) should be available and more the merrier.
7. Should be fueled by Petrol (As a highlander i am not a great fan of Diesel cars)
8. AWD is welcome but not a must.

I researched and considered many cars in the past and following are few main reasons for not owning one till date
1. Premier RIO :- Very Small and cramped,ASS issues and it did not appeal aesthetically.
2. Duster :- I was bowled over but size of car was just a bit longer than i wanted and also the interior turned me off.
3. Ecosport :- I wanted a Ecoboost Petrol but waiting period became so long by the time i decided.Placement of Spare Wheel was not to my liking and i found the boot door opening to the wrong side. Also i started feeling that it is not very roomy (my personal feeling).
4. Creta :- Ticked all the Boxes but Cost was out of bounds. Also a point that the top model of Creta was priced similar to Duster AWD made me reconsider Duster.

Finally, Creta vs Duster was the final call for few months but then news of YBA started floating. I thought i should wait on and here i am still waiting.

Some how i have started to get this feeling that all these Years i was not finalizing any other car just because i was waiting for a MARUTI SUZUKI.

All my requirements are being covered with VB but only problem is THE DIESEL MOTOR.

This time i will surely Pre-book it and then see after TD and finalize after TBHP Review.
Old 17th February 2016, 17:08   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
I heard a bird chirping that the Launch of Brezza is planned for 25 March (Good Friday) and the birdie is 95% confident on this date unless something drastically changes with Horoscope in the senior management and marketing team, also based on the numerology of the name BREZZA
I'd say chances are low for a Mar 25 launch as it's a national holiday. The launches are always done on a working day for the media. I don't think they do media drives over the weekend either, just to ensure the media folks get their weekends.
Old 17th February 2016, 18:02   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
I have been window shopping for a new ride since last 3 years but till date have not been able to close the deal. This time with all the talk, feed and pictures of VB i think i may be able to replace my car. However the following are the important points and boxes to be ticked.

7. Should be fueled by Petrol (As a highlander i am not a great fan of Diesel cars)

All my requirements are being covered with VB but only problem is THE DIESEL MOTOR.
The Brezza seems like a competent vehicle indeed. I have seen a lot of diesel vehicles doing regular duties in hilly areas without much fuss. What's the connection between being a highlander and preferring petrol engines? Sorry, did not get the connection.
Old 17th February 2016, 18:18   #203
BHPian

Quote:
1. Higher seating position with good visibility and high GC
2. Car should be small so as to make it easily manoeuvrable (less than 4 mts is Good)
3. Budget is around Rs 1 Million ( i have been increasing it by Rs 50K every 6 months since last 2 yrs)
4. Car should be practical and have a roomy interior(Benchmark is RITZ)
5. Spare and Service should be available all around and should not be very costly.This is desirable but not mission critical.
6. Standard Safety features from my RITZ(ABS,AirBags etc) should be available and more the merrier.
8. AWD is welcome but not a must.
Well! Mountaineer! The Vitara Brezza double-clicks most boxes with the exception of 7 & 8.

Last edited by Eddy : 17th February 2016 at 20:17. Reason: VB = Vitara Brezza
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 18:52   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
The Brezza seems like a competent vehicle indeed. I have seen a lot of diesel vehicles doing regular duties in hilly areas without much fuss. What's the connection between being a highlander and preferring petrol engines? Sorry, did not get the connection.

This may be my personal opinion and please correct me if i am wrong :-

1. Diesel cars needs to be brought to optimum operating temperature and sometimes in cold climatic conditions one may make a mistake.
2. Diesel cars don't have linear acceleration as Petrol so i feel Driving will not be as comfortable in inclines.
3. I don't know how well the car will pull from standstill on an incline, one very early cold morning.
4.Noise of Diesel Engine is so well audible if there is calm outside which normally is when driving in the hills.

All above points are my personal opinion and would be great if my doubts are addressed.
mountaineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 19:37   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...1. Diesel cars needs to be brought to optimum operating temperature and sometimes in cold climatic conditions one may make a mistake....
As long as you stay soft on the pedal, this wouldn't be an issue. A turbo diesel will warm up within 2-3 kms of driving. You should not drive hard till then.

Quote:
...2. Diesel cars don't have linear acceleration as Petrol so i feel Driving will not be as comfortable in inclines...
If Brezza comes with a turbo petrol engine, this point will stay true for that as well. In fact, the problem would be with the lag & some diesels even have almost nil turbo lag. Duster AWD will be the BEST bet for you, in your shortlisted vehicles.

Quote:
...3. I don't know how well the car will pull from standstill on an incline, one very early cold morning...
This definitely is not an issue. If it were me, on a steep incline, I'll keep the vehicle on first gear and drive slow. If it's manageable on 2nd, drive in that gear. As pointed out initially, it's all about being easy on the car in the first 2-3 kms.

Quote:
...4.Noise of Diesel Engine is so well audible if there is calm outside which normally is when driving in the hills...
Depends on how well the vehicle is insulated. If you drive the latest Hyundai diesel cars, you'll get an idea how well the current gen diesels fare on the NVH part. I think even vehicles like the XUV / Storme is quite decent with the windows rolled up.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th February 2016 at 19:38.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 19:50   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This may be my personal opinion and please correct me if i am wrong :-

1. Diesel cars needs to be brought to optimum operating temperature and sometimes in cold climatic conditions one may make a mistake.
2. Diesel cars don't have linear acceleration as Petrol so i feel Driving will not be as comfortable in inclines.
3. I don't know how well the car will pull from standstill on an incline, one very early cold morning.
4.Noise of Diesel Engine is so well audible if there is calm outside which normally is when driving in the hills.

All above points are my personal opinion and would be great if my doubts are addressed.
The first 3 points are not valid anymore in the modern diesels. You can do a TD in the hills and you will see for yourself.
The 4th point is true yet. There is a distinct clatter in diesel engines, as compared to petrol, however, it is not so bad once you have the windows up and the music on. Try it and see if it is really a deal breaker for you.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2016, 20:26   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
Well! Mountaineer! The Vitara Brezza double-clicks most boxes with the exception of 7 & 8.
Well Yes it surely does. Point no. 7 i am still working on and starting to change my stance. For point no. 8 i am ready to forget.
Old 17th February 2016, 20:34   #208
BHPian

@Lalvaz & @swiftnfurious :
Thanks for your support and insight. I am sure i will be able to change my mind after TD. Actually all my driving till date is only on Petrol Engines so i think i may take some time to change my attitude and driving sense to get adjusted.
Old 17th February 2016, 21:30   #209
BANNED

Quote:
Well Yes it surely does. Point no. 7 i am still working on and starting to change my stance. For point no. 8 i am ready to forget.
If you are so keen on petrol, wait for may be another 6 months - the brezza petrol is under development. Even my plan is to wait for 1 year, when the brezza petrol comes to second hand market.
Old 17th February 2016, 22:10   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
If you are so keen on petrol, wait for may be another 6 months - the brezza petrol is under development. Even my plan is to wait for 1 year, when the brezza petrol comes to second hand market.

Even I'm in the same boat. Would like to wait for the Petrol mill as my usage won't be more than 7-8k a year. But I doubt if it will be launched before Diwali as the Boosterjet in Baleno is scheduled for festive season launch and it is being suspected that Boosterjet will also make it into the VB as well. Having said that the diesel devil in me (owned and drove Verna CRDI, Scorpio, etc., in the past) is making me to rethink. Tooooo confusing situation...!!!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th February 2016 at 11:58. Reason: Corrected the OP.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks