Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2016, 15:20   #271
BANNED

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki advances its Vitara Brezza Launch! Media drive this week?

Maruti Vitara Brezza launch on March 8, 2016
That means Maruti is feeling the heat of the competition like Creta, KUV and Kwid, and wants to take a piece of the competition's pie as early as possible. Lower sales of A-segment, stagnant sales of the B-segment and lower-than-expected sales of SCross are clear indicators of this. As only new launches are driving volumes, an early launch of the Brezza will be the only immediate solution from them, followed by the launch of Ignis.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 2nd March 2016 at 15:21.
Old 2nd March 2016, 15:40   #272
BHPian

TOI has it the other way round, the launch is planned for March 21. Some one needs to have a high tea with the BIRDIES to get actual launch date confirmation

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/51209720.cms
Old 2nd March 2016, 15:41   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
That means Maruti is feeling the heat of the competition like Creta, KUV and Kwid, and wants to take a piece of the competition's pie as early as possible.----
Added to above, it seemed easy for them to work on the new pricing post budget . Expect a very competitive pricing
Old 2nd March 2016, 15:46   #274
Senior - BHPian

Financial Express too mentions the same date. According to them, launch will be at an event in Mumbai.

http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...ficial/218612/
Old 2nd March 2016, 15:54   #275
BHPian

Good News...
Autocar India published Vitara Brezza launch on 8-Mar'16. Link Below
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-399898.aspx/0

Same thing on the Financial Express as well.
http://www.financialexpress.com/arti...ficial/218612/

Hope the pricing is good. Fingers crossed
Old 2nd March 2016, 16:21   #276
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Suzuki has announced that it will launch the Vitara Brezza in India on March 8, 2016.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:18   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
TOI has it the other way round, the launch is planned for March 21. Some one needs to have a high tea with the BIRDIES to get actual launch date confirmation
They have now a new article as,

Quote:
Maruti Vitara Brezza price to be unveiled on March 8; to go on sale from March 21!
Bookings will open from 8th March, after the pricing is revealed. Deliveries will start from 21st March.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ch-21/51223952

Last edited by volkman10 : 2nd March 2016 at 17:30.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2016, 17:46   #278
Senior - BHPian

Whatever be the date, can one safely surmise that the Press / Media drives are already underway?
Waiting expectantly for our T-Bhp Official Test Drive Report which will reveal the vehicle in its full glory, warts and all.
Old 2nd March 2016, 18:13   #279
BHPian

I so want to see the infotainment system which will be used on the lower variants of the car. Not at all the fan of that touch screen system. Looks ugly, IMO.
Old 2nd March 2016, 18:48   #280
BHPian

Considering the new slab of 1% cess from April 1, Maruti wants to catch the attention of people & also to increase the volumes before the price hike so that they can re look into the hike figures post April with the demand it gathered

Did anyone got a chance to TD the car by now. Eagerly waiting to hear from people with their initial impressions of the drive.
Old 2nd March 2016, 21:05   #281
BHPian

The Cess is valid wef 1st march only but being a new car people won't mind any price which is competitive and lower than Ecosport and Creta. I am buying this anyways as soon the car is launched. A dual tone option looks smashing.
Old 3rd March 2016, 15:42   #282
Senior - BHPian

It is expected that Brezza will be priced very aggressively. Swift is already under a meltdown because of Baleno. In terms of specifications and features, Brezza pits exactly within same band.

The body style will be the sole differentiator for entry and mid level trims; and buyers looking at entry level / mid level trims are price sensitive compared to fully loaded machines.

Decision makers are struggling to reduce cannibalization by appropriate price adjustments for Brezza as this will be sold through regular dealership and will have a better outreach to tier II, tier III cities as well as rural outlets where there will be a fan following for the SUV looks.

MSIL is also looking at dethroning i20 which they are not able to do through Baleno and the street presence of Brezza can aid to such strategy where Baleno failed (though in terms of interiors, i20 still stands out better).

Lets hope we get the magic Suvish-car at magical price and the Swift's history gets repeated.
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:28   #283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post

Decision makers are struggling to reduce cannibalization by appropriate price adjustments for Brezza as this will be sold through regular dealership and will have a better outreach to tier II, tier III cities as well as rural outlets where there will be a fan following for the SUV looks.
I don't think Maruti will be too much worried about the cannibalization with Swift as long as Brezza takes up the numbers. As the new Swift is due in 2017 / 18, Swift sales can come back to "normalcy" (read 15K on average!).

IMO, they have to price the Diesel version in the 6.5 - 9L range to attract sales from B+ hatchbacks (like Swift, Baleno and i20), sub-4m sedans (like DZire, Xcent, Amaze), +4m sedans (like City, Ciaz), sub-4m "SUVish" cars (like (TUV, Ecosport, KUV) and the +4m "SUVish" cars (like Creta, SCross, Duster etc). Assume 1K sales from each of these, and you get 14K per month! In effect, Maruti's sales will then increase by 9K!

Restless waiting till March 8!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd March 2016 at 16:32.
Old 4th March 2016, 10:37   #284

dear friends,

I am in a buyer's dilemma.
I have booked a baleno petrol alpha on Jan10th. They have ensured a delivery by April 2016. Soon came the news of vitara brezza. In order to avoid the frustration of waiting period did a booking of brezza too, spending 21k, hoping to get it as early as possible, once the vehicle is launched.

However, from the pictures of Brezza i have found it lesser appealing than Baleno. Also my monthly running would not exceed 300-350km. So wouldn't a petrol car would meet the purpose?
Another factor is that of budget - My budget is 8lakhs. So i think i could afford a top-end petrol baleno vis-a-vis brezza. I think, for the given budget i will have to settle in for a lower end brezza, which i think would be an ordinary car (i know that pricing of brezza is not released sofar).

I expect some advice from my BHP mates.
Old 4th March 2016, 10:57   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_kochi View Post
....I am in a buyer's dilemma....However, from the pictures of Brezza i have found it lesser appealing than Baleno. Also my monthly running would not exceed 300-350km. So wouldn't a petrol car would meet the purpose? ...
Another factor is that of budget - ...
I think you have already mentioned all the answers for your questions. Choose the car which meets your needs & keeps you happy, please. No point in spending more if it's not worth as per you.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks