Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 17:53   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

This is fantastic. The Yellow Dual Tone Brezza some pages back looks like an angel sent from a far away planet, so cool

I think every manufacturer in the market who has anything selling from 7 lakhs to 11 lakhs, to even a Honda City to a Creta should be worried with this launch, somehow I feel Brezza will see a lot of conversions from Sedans, MUV's, hatchback and even more expensive SUV's towards itself.

Kudos To Maruti. Lage Raho
humyum is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:56   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Maruti's plant being at Manesar, the ex-showroom price would be lowest in the NCR region, owing to locational proximity. As for your case, my guess is the price at Bangalore would be more than that of Mumbai.
I feel there are more dynamics involved here than just the location proximity from plants.
Was checking out the Ex-showrrom price for the Ciaz SHVS ZDI+ across locations. Delhi - 10.17, Bangalore - 10.60, Mumbai - 10.93. So from the looks of it as @Karthik Chandra mentioned, I'm guessing the Ex-showroom should be lesser than that of Mumbai.
Any amount above 10L would be really irritating because of the additional taxes involved with vehicles above 10L.
Old 8th March 2016, 17:58   #393
Senior - BHPian

Snaps of the brochure (via twitter)

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-15.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-16.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-17.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-18.jpg

Here are the latest ex-showroom Delhi prices of the EcoSport and TUV300 as per their respective official sites. Screengrabs taken before the Brezza's launch (let's see if they change).

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-11.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-12.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-13.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-14.jpg
Tushar is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 18:02   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
I'm trying to draw a conclusion as to whether the Ex-showroom in Bangalore would be lesser than or more than that of Mumbai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Bangalore ex showroom prices would be less than Mumbai
With Delhi ex-showroom being 9.68L for the top-end dual tone, my sense says that Bangalore OTR will be closer to 12.5L. The difference between Delhi ex-showroom and Bangalore on-road is usually 2.5L at this price band.

That being said, the pricing is perfect to under cut the Creta to a very large extent. The top-end diesel Creta is 17.5L on-road in Bangalore. I foresee a lot of Creta customers moving to the Brezza.

The car looks nice, at least in the photos. Now I just have to see it in the flesh to gauge the space.
Old 8th March 2016, 18:06   #395
BHPian

I felt the Delhi pricing to be ok, but for other cities Maruti should have done slightly better. I thought other city pricing would depend on some fixed rates (increased tax percentage, Octroi etc). After the pricing is announced, I did try to compare the prices for Brezza & SCross and I'm surprised to see, that is not the case. Look for the below chart and my notes below it.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza-vs-scross-prices-compare.jpg
  1. Brezza ZDi differential pricing to VDi(O) in Delhi is 80,000 but got reduced to 67,000 in Mumbai. Isn't it supposed to increase in a linear way?
  2. SCross Zeta is priced lesser in Mumbai (9,85,982) compared to Delhi (9,87,968). How could it be possible?
  3. Probably off-topic. Can manufacturers price the way they want depending on city? I know SCross Zeta was priced 9,99,000/- across all cities when launched, but that is benefiting customer. Lets say a model/variant is selling very high in a particular city. Will manufacturer have the right to increase cost for that specific city?

Looking at pricing for other cities, SCross Zeta might be a better choice instead of Brezza ZDi+, unless one really wants the better looks, increased ground clearance.

Last edited by mrbaddy : 8th March 2016 at 18:09. Reason: Added the third question
mrbaddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 18:25   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quick comparison of Ex-Showroom DELHI prices of the debutant with the existing maidens:
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vitara-brezza-vs-competition.jpg  

arjab is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 18:38   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Quick comparison of Ex-Showroom DELHI prices of the debutant with the existing maidens:
Thanks Arjab for sharing.

To give a realistic comparison, it might be better to use prices of Hyderabad or Bangalore prices as they are neutral cities without any manufacturing plants close-by. Delhi being Maruti's plant area, prices would always be less compared to other manufacturers.
Old 8th March 2016, 18:50   #398
AYP
Senior - BHPian

The VDI(O) model makes a very strong case for itself. However, Maruti could have given steering mounted controls for this model, especially if they are giving it for the Baleno Delta.
Also if someone is planning to go for the top end ZDI+, then the Ecosport Titanium makes a strong case for itself(unless the Maruti brand is very important). Though this is subjected to the Team-BHP official review.

Last edited by AYP : 8th March 2016 at 18:55.
Old 8th March 2016, 18:56   #399
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Lets say a model/variant is selling very high in a particular city. Will manufacturer have the right to increase cost for that specific city?
There's nothing that prevents a manufacturer from charging slightly different prices for different variants in different cities, and IMHO, there shouldn't be any either! While the automobile market in India isn't quite an ideal free market, it's very competitive indeed. In such a case, it's best to let the competitive market decide.

We all know how terrible things were in an uncompetitive license raj market (before 1991) when the government actually decided the number of cars a manufacturer should make, a car's engine capacity, the profit margin per car, even the dealer's margin etc. I'm sure no car buyer wants to go back to those government controlled decades of hopeless decadence, influenced by failed junk economics.

Actually, since different states have different taxes & road tax slabs, if a manufacturer's marketing department is smart enough, they would take advantage of them to "adjust" the prices accordingly for each city. And now, there is even a new "tax credited at source" by the central government on vehicles costing more than a million rupees. So it's quite obvious that we will see a lot of "adjustments" in variants and their prices across manufacturers in the near future.

Last edited by RSR : 8th March 2016 at 19:01.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 18:59   #400
BHPian

I feel Brezza is in the catergory of Baleno, and more appropriate comparison is with Baleno. Brezza is Same length. Wider by 2inch & Taller by 6 inches.

But, Baleno price varies from 6.21L - 8.16L (ex-delhi). I feel Maruti got Baleno pricing right.

Looking at Baleno price, Brezza perhaps is priced atleast 50-70K more than what makes it a value proposition.

And I agree... S-Cross is a better buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
I felt the Delhi pricing to be ok, but for other cities Maruti should have done slightly better. I thought other city pricing would depend on some fixed rates (increased tax percentage, Octroi etc). After the pricing is announced, I did try to compare the prices for Brezza & SCross and I'm surprised to see, that is not the case. Look for the below chart and my notes below it.

Attachment 1483953
  1. Brezza ZDi differential pricing to VDi(O) in Delhi is 80,000 but got reduced to 67,000 in Mumbai. Isn't it supposed to increase in a linear way?
  2. SCross Zeta is priced lesser in Mumbai (9,85,982) compared to Delhi (9,87,968). How could it be possible?
  3. Probably off-topic. Can manufacturers price the way they want depending on city? I know SCross Zeta was priced 9,99,000/- across all cities when launched, but that is benefiting customer. Lets say a model/variant is selling very high in a particular city. Will manufacturer have the right to increase cost for that specific city?

Looking at pricing for other cities, SCross Zeta might be a better choice instead of Brezza ZDi+, unless one really wants the better looks, increased ground clearance.
Old 8th March 2016, 19:03   #401
Senior - BHPian

The pricing, I feel, is spot on.
What I do not understand is why is it launched with Diesel Only variants.

Come to think of it, at the price of a Petrol Ecosport, you get a Diesel Brezza, so they hit the nail right on the head.

Now awaiting the Official Review to come up to know exactly how the car is.
Old 8th March 2016, 19:10   #402

On the introductory pricing, I never heard Maruti say proactively that the prices are introductory. It was in response to a question asking if the prices are introductory. This question is as good as asking 'Is this a good car'. The obvious answer has to be 'yes'. No one will say, 'well this is not an introductory price'
letusmeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:10   #403
BHPian

Prices all over India published.
http://www.marutisuzuki.com/Maruti-P...x?ModelCode=VB
tifosikrishna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:13   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The VDI(O) model makes a very strong case for itself. However, Maruti could have given steering mounted controls for this model, especially if they are giving it for the Baleno Delta.
Also if someone is planning to go for the top end ZDI+, then the Ecosport Titanium makes a strong case for itself(unless the Maruti brand is very important). Though this is subjected to the Team-BHP official review.
I'm thinking the same way after a cursory evaluation of the options on the Brezza website.

However, the absence of one feature makes me pause and look at the next level (the ZDI) for now- 60:40 folding rear seats. I need to decide whether this feature justifies my paying the extra Rs 80,000. Probably not.

Also I pray this car's NVH levels are better than that of the S Cross. I'll be so disappointed if that isn't the case.

Last edited by C'estlavie : 8th March 2016 at 19:15.
C'estlavie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:14   #405
BANNED

What is there in ZDi+ to make it 1L costlier than ZDi? The dual tone, anyway, is on top of the ZDi+ version!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed