Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 09:40   #436
BHPian

As expected waiting period from day 1 is up to 8 weeks
Old 9th March 2016, 09:56   #437
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

This is an interesting discussion, let me add my 2 cents and represent the other side of the coin, ie why would someone buy the Brezza and not the Ertiga, Ciaz, S Cross, Ecosport etc.

Caveat: One, I have not yet seen the vehicle in the flesh, so can change my opinion on the Brezza. Two, all of the below is of course a personal opinion, not based on any scientific evaluation or rigorous analysis. Take it for what is is worth.

Why do most people (not enthusiasts) purchase vehicles? In my opinion for:

(i) Practicality/ Utility (ie appropriateness for every day use)
(ii) Safety
(iii) Price
(iv) Looks/ Style
(v) Durability
(vi) Comfort (physical, such as space, seat quality, high GC etc)
(vii) Features (gadgetry, ICE etc)

The purchase decision is a trade off between all these factors, ie since one mostly cannot get all seven (unless you have a big budget), one emphasizes a factor (eg Looks) at the cost of others (Practicality) and so on.

On these criteria if you look at the Ertiga, IMO it fails in the comfort factor- IMO and no disrespect to owners. I find the Ertiga middle and rear seats very cramped, and the roof seems to 'press down' giving an effect of lack of space. What use are 7 seats to me then, when I'm not too fond of 5 of these (middle and back). This is a decisive reason in my decision to not consider the Ertiga (looks/ style is another, but it's secondary in this case). By contrast the Brezza specs suggest a wider body and presumably more space.

Now, the EcoSport. Great car, excellent engine, top of the line features. But I personally have never gotten over the looks, something about the way it looks has never appealed. This may be the conservative in me, but this is who I am. The Brezza - to me- just looks better.

The Ciaz? Good car, again no offense to owners, but a bit too vanilla for my liking. It's just like drinking a warm glass of refreshing milk.

The S Cross is a more interesting choice. I have TDed the vehicle and while it is a great product, the understated road presence and the surprisingly bad NVH levels did not appeal. I presume that people who would choose the Brezza would probably consider the higher GC, the SUV like road presence as more important.

Having looked at all the reasons to not buy other vehicles, let's look at why Brezza. I guess people purchase vehicles to get the best possible outcomes from the (i) through to (vii) list above. They compromise on some features to get others. Looking at the Brezza it has all Safety features (in the Ldi(o) and above levels) (i), SUV like vehicle (iv), high GC (vi), MSL name guarantee (v), Wide rear seats (v), well these are a few factors why someone would prefer the Brezza.

But as I said for now it's all theoretical, we will get more facts in the coming days and weeks and more people TD the vehicle. For instance, if it has bad NVH levels like (IMO) the S Cross, that would be a deal breaker for me. Or it may not be a good highway cruiser, which may be a problem for others. We'll see.
Old 9th March 2016, 10:04   #438
BHPian

Awesome pricing. I wish I had waited for this, instead of picking up a figo last December :(

Brezza will be a death nail for Ecosport & TUV. Ford may escape due to its exports, but Mahindra has to rethink of options to pull up TUV sales now.

Any update on available stock as of now?

Even S-Cross & Baleno will suffer now since Indians love "SUVs". It is funny to hear existing S-Cross owners defend S-Cross sales (saying, it will not be affected). With the environmental issues, higher taxation on 10L+ cars and every state thinking of imposing some form of ban/higher tax on big diesel cars and Brezza coming in, S-Cross, esp. its 1.6L variant, will become another A-Star & Zen Estilo now IMO.
Old 9th March 2016, 10:24   #439
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Interesting to see what's the volume that MSIL has planned for the Brezza. Its just a case of selling as much as they make. There was a full page advt on Hindu' first page today and the Brezza looks very attractive in the Blazing Red + Black shade.

I would have loved to see 6 airbags in the ZDi+ though. That's where EcoSport has a big advantage when you compare the Brezza with the Titanium+ of the Ford.
i read somewhere (I forget where it was) that Maruti had a target of 100,000 per year and have now revised it to 120,000 after seeing the buzz the car has generated. Also remember reading that the absolute minimum that they are looking at is 5000 units per month

Considering that they have no plans for exports (was clarified in the launch Q&A), I think we are looking at domestic supplies of 10,000 per month. Hopefully should be sufficient to keep the wait period realistic.

The 6 airbag point is a good one. It would be good if Maruti Equip the S Cross with 6 Airbags soon.

So much of Buzz on this car. Maruti has handled everything well in their typically efficient fashion.

I just went back to the initial report by Vid6639 and GTO to find any obvious deal breakers. Repeating a few of their expert observations that stood out.
  • More spacious in the back as compared to Ecosport.
  • Interior Quality is Baleno like.
  • More solid feel than the Baleno. Maybe close to the Ciaz. Not comparable to the S Cross. No way comparable to the Ecosport.
  • The Dual Tone with Black accents actually make it triple tone color. Looks really snazzy.
  • Better seat bolstering than the Ecosport. Slidable Armrest.
  • Big Auto Button on the Climate Control.
  • Boot is small-328 liters. The Ecosport is bigger.

Could not find anything to be a deal breaker considering the positioning and target audience. Of course, the key things- Drive, Ride and Handling are pending. But don't expect any deal breakers there. But will be interested to see how it fares against the bigger Duster and Creta with respect to performance, ride and handling. How much numbers can it pull from the Creta- Especially the 1.4 variants?
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 10:51   #440
BHPian

I'm now being pressurized by my SA on my option and am going back and forth - earlier I thought it would be the VDi(O) but now I'm confused between the LDi(O) or VDi(O).

After I reserved my vehicle yesterday the SA is on my case asking me to make a choice as he has to write down my details.

Suggestions would be welcome!

The LDi(O) has all the safety options of even the topmost variant, so that's covered. What's missing in the LDi(O) are rear seat electric roll up/ down windows, rear door electric closure (is manual), plus some other features.

Last edited by C'estlavie : 9th March 2016 at 10:52.
Old 9th March 2016, 10:59   #441
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant pricing by Maruti, I foresee another swift in the making. I somehow see this as an introductory price only. With budget price hike impacting all other Suzuki, there is some buffer available to increase the price of Brezza.
Comparing with Ecosport, apart from price(for now) and wider reach of Suzuki I don't see any other significant advantage. Looks are subjective, some will like Ecosport and others Vitara.
Ecosport gets bigger and powerful engine, more Ground clearance, 6 airbags and great drive dynamics. Apart from touch screen multimedia I don't see any other significant feature available in Vitara and missing in Ecosport.
Old 9th March 2016, 11:01   #442
BHPian

The pricing for the lower end variants is fine, but as the options go up the pricing seems to inflate a touch too much onto the higher side. I feel about 30k could have been reduced. Although we all anticipated the lack of petrol and automatic at launch, still I don't see the reason why they seem confused about it. As for the hybrid tech, what's there for them to study further? Its successful and mileage has improved, so go for it. Somehow I feel the Brezza launch was hurried and they haven't really thought out a clear cut strategy.
daywiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 11:01   #443
BHPian

I don't find it VFM unless someone is very very impressed with the looks.

High GC maybe, but its eventually a Hatch. You'd get proper Compact Sedans with better features at the same price in the market.

I don't see any big deal with most products with the 1.3mjd. Parts are not hard to come by for all of the major brands and post warranty service / repairs can even be at any large 'branded' garages or FNG.

'Brand' won't take things too far since competition is catching up really fast. Just a few months from now will be the Tata Nexon entering the market.

If Maruti wants to protect its market share, it better start going for sane pricing. As it is taxes have increased & moreover cars are becoming more of a hassle than a statement.

Generally I never write off a product at an early stage, but here I don't see it holding much value even against Ertiga.

Last edited by WorkingGuru : 9th March 2016 at 11:06.
Old 9th March 2016, 11:08   #444
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post

On these criteria if you look at the Ertiga, IMO it fails in the comfort factor- IMO and no disrespect to owners. I find the Ertiga middle and rear seats very cramped, and the roof seems to 'press down' giving an effect of lack of space. What use are 7 seats to me then, when I'm not too fond of 5 of these (middle and back). This is a decisive reason in my decision to not consider the Ertiga (looks/ style is another, but it's secondary in this case). By contrast the Brezza specs suggest a wider body and presumably more space.
The ertiga middle row seats are actually the most comfortable so that's surprising you say they aren't.

The ertiga actually offers the best flexibility, to seat 6-7 with reasonable comfort or fold/remove last row for a very comfortable middle row that also reclines plus it gives you a rear AC.

Exterior width doesn't equate to interior width. The ertiga has a wider rear seat vs the brezza. It's the same with Ecosport which is wide from outside but that doesn't equate to interior width because of the design and larger/wider wheels.

Quote:
Now, the EcoSport. Great car, excellent engine, top of the line features. But I personally have never gotten over the looks, something about the way it looks has never appealed. This may be the conservative in me, but this is who I am. The Brezza - to me- just looks better.
Yup. The ecosport has very polarising opinions on the design. Some absolutely detest it and others find it funky. I kind of like it.

The brezza styling is very good but it's also very safe. Nobody will say the brezza doesn't look good but neither does it wow you like the baleno or elite i20.

Quote:
The Ciaz? Good car, again no offense to owners, but a bit too vanilla for my liking. It's just like drinking a warm glass of refreshing milk.
Yeah it's plain but pretty competent and a full size sedan with no compromises on space and luggage capacity and you know we Indians also love our sedans.

Quote:
The S Cross is a more interesting choice. I have TDed the vehicle and while it is a great product, the understated road presence and the surprisingly bad NVH levels did not appeal. I presume that people who would choose the Brezza would probably consider the higher GC, the SUV like road presence as more important.
We can only know how the nvh is after the drive but the s cross is the best in terms of insulation vs the other ddis200 cars. It's got the best build quality and more euro than Japanese. The brezza is typical maruti and is also lighter than the s cross.

Looking at the above, I really don't believe maruti will have better nvh in the brezza than their most premium car with the same engine.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 11:10   #445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
I'm now being pressurized by my SA on my option and am going back and forth - earlier I thought it would be the VDi(O) but now I'm confused between the LDi(O) or VDi(O).

After I reserved my vehicle yesterday the SA is on my case asking me to make a choice as he has to write down my details.

Suggestions would be welcome!

The LDi(O) has all the safety options of even the topmost variant, so that's covered. What's missing in the LDi(O) are rear seat electric roll up/ down windows, rear door electric closure (is manual), plus some other features.
I just checked the variant comparison that I posted two pages ago. For your preferences, LDi (O) makes more sense.

Two functional features that you would be missing in LDi(O) compared to VDi(O) are Keyless Entry and Rear Power Windows and I think you can get both of them added aftermarket at 10-12 k.

And if you are onto Brezza for looks, then you might have to consider the roof rail which make lot of difference to the looks of any car.

Last edited by mrbaddy : 9th March 2016 at 11:13.
mrbaddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 11:37   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
The ertiga middle row seats are actually the most comfortable so that's surprising you say they aren't.
Perhaps that's just me, but I can't shake that impression.

Quote:
We can only know how the nvh is after the drive but the s cross is the best in terms of insulation vs the other ddis200 cars.
True, this is a process of discovery as more facts emerge.

Quote:
Looking at the above, I really don't believe maruti will have better nvh in the brezza than their most premium car with the same engine
That's what I am hoping to find out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Two functional features that you would be missing in LDi(O) compared to VDi(O) are Keyless Entry and Rear Power Windows and I think you can get both of them added aftermarket at 10-12 k................
My concern is that this would entail 'getting into' the electrics, which could void the warranty?
Old 9th March 2016, 11:48   #447
BHPian

Guys, still can't make up my mind over which variant to book.

Choosing between Vdi(o) and zdi.

Can you please suggest. The difference being auto ac, rear wash wipe, defogger, alloys and led head lamps.

Worth the 80 grand difference?
Old 9th March 2016, 11:52   #448
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But why enquiring in nexa? Brezza will be sold through regular showrooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
But why enquiring in nexa? Brezza will be sold through regular showrooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Its not sold through NEXA. If u ask NEXA guys they will lure you into an S-Cross. The NEXA dealer was open till 9:15 pm ?? Here they start winding up at 6 pm.

You guys are correct. Breeza will be available to regular Maruti showrooms. In Baner, Pune there are no Maruti Suzuki showrooms and the Nexa is run by the Sai services in Baner. I know a senior sales executive of Sai services personally and he manages both the Nexa and Maruti Showrooms for Sai services. We called him before we visited the showrooms. And as I said I visited with my close friend yesterday at 9:15 PM on our way from office to home so that we can meet him and get the price detail.

But it's true that few common people still enquiring about Breeza in Nexa showrooms as they believe it's a premium car and going to sell through Nexa only.
Old 9th March 2016, 11:58   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Can you please suggest. The difference being auto ac, rear wash wipe, defogger, alloys and led head lamps.
My 2 cents - definitely worth the moolah for the auto AC, projector headlamps and the alloys!
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 12:03   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys, still can't make up my mind over which variant to book.

Choosing between Vdi(o) and zdi.

Height adjustable driver's seat
Bigger Alloys
Aroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks