Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 15:18   #481
BANNED

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Brezza weighs 1180 Kg and Baleno weigh Under 900 Kg. Why such a big difference (almost 300 Kg)?
Baleno is built on the new gen Suzuki platform (with all the so-called light-weight steel components), while Brezza is on the global C - platform of Suzuki (on which the SCross and international Vitara are built).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So the Brezza is actually based on the Swift platform vs the Baleno which uses the new lightweight construction.
Is it correct? They have mentioned in the brochure that Brezza is built on C-platform. As per my understanding, Swift is built on Suzuki's B-platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I had booked Vdi(o). Now changing it to zdi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
I've decided to go with the VDi(O).
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
Booked zdi+ as planned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
Booked the VB+
So many bookings from Teamp-BHPians! Congrats all!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 9th March 2016 at 15:35.
Old 9th March 2016, 15:19   #482
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Brezza weighs 1180 Kg and Baleno weigh Under 900 Kg. Why such a big difference (almost 300 Kg)?
Maruti mentioned this during the Auto Expo. The Baleno is based on the new chasis which will be used in future Maruti Suzuki cars. With the new chasis design they have achieved considerable savings in weight.

However when the Brezza project started, they did not have the Baleno platform to work with.

So the Brezza is actually based on the Swift platform vs the Baleno which uses the new lightweight construction.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 15:20   #483
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti confirms that delivery will begin by end of March and not from 21st March.

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki clarified – “The press launch of Vitara Brezza was held in Mumbai yesterday. Delivery of Vitara Brezza across India will start IN END MARCH….there are some reports online that delivery starts immediately or on March 21…this is incorrect information.”
Source: Rushlane
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 15:40   #484
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Maruti mentioned this during the Auto Expo. The Baleno is based on the new chasis which will be used in future Maruti Suzuki cars. With the new chasis design they have achieved considerable savings in weight.

However when the Brezza project started, they did not have the Baleno platform to work with.

Vitara brezza is built on global Suzuki C platform. I am not sure if swift uses the same platform.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1457518211644.jpg  

Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 15:52   #485
BHPian

Price comparison between VB - Ecosport - TUV 300 for Delhi and Mumbai

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-compare1.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-compare2.jpg

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 9th March 2016 at 15:56.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 16:13   #486
BHPian

Getting confused between Vitara and Ecosport now.

Priority is safest car. While fully concurring that heavy car not necessarily means safer car, any insights into crash rating of the Vitara?

Rest all differences aren't deal breaker to me.

Timeline for decision - quite long. Would return to India in Decemeber when I would look to replace SX4 with something more comfortable / new age and definitely SAFER.

From
A time tested Maruti fan, spoilt by 2 years ownership of Audi...
Old 9th March 2016, 16:44   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
My 2 cents - definitely worth the moolah for the auto AC, projector headlamps and the alloys!
I have booked a Blue ZDi. There are a lot of minor changes in addition to the above mentioned stuff. Even the front grill is not chrome in lower models.

Quote:
Booked the VB+

The Sales guy told me I am among the first three in Booking queue.
He also mentioned that waiting period will be 10 weeks.

I wonder, You book a car even before you see it and then have to wait for 10 weeks.

I feel inventory planning of Maruti is not very good.
I am the first with my dealer. Anybody knows anything about the delivery period? I want it to be ready before 23rd of April. How good are my chances considering I'm first in line with my dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
What about the 3 packages which were going to be offered ? Glamour, Sporty and I forgot the name of the 3rd one.

The picture of the car with those alloy wheels, stripes etc is going to cost how much and the details for the same?
Exactly! I wanted to know if those diamond cut alloys are available as an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Vitara brezza is built on global Suzuki C platform. I am not sure if swift uses the same platform.
Swift platform would be deal breaker for me. At this price it needs to have a good ride quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post

Priority is safest car. While fully concurring that heavy car not necessarily means safer car, any insights into crash rating of the Vitara?

Rest all differences aren't deal breaker to me.

Timeline for decision - quite long. Would return to India in Decemeber when I would look to replace SX4 with something more comfortable / new age and definitely SAFER.

From
A time tested Maruti fan, spoilt by 2 years ownership of Audi...
Heavy Car not necessarily means safe but heavy FIATs are super tough. A truck collapsed on a Linea and all survived. Though there's more engineering to it than just weight of metal put. Should be safe enough.

Audi? Why would someone who can afford an Audi look to buy Brezza. No wonder you are worried about safety. Germans and Italians are a class apart in that regard.
Old 9th March 2016, 16:50   #488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Audi? Why would someone who can afford an Audi look to buy Brezza. No wonder you are worried about safety. Germans and Italians are a class apart in that regard.
OT: I guess he is currently using the Audi probably in the US or Europe where you need not break the bank to own one of them
Old 9th March 2016, 16:59   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Baleno is built on the new gen Suzuki platform (with all the so-called light-weight steel components), while Brezza is on the global C - platform of Suzuki (on which the SCross and international Vitara are built).

Is it correct? They have mentioned in the brochure that Brezza is built on C-platform. As per my understanding, Swift is built on Suzuki's B-platform.

Yeah great. Now I just hope it has better space inside than ecosport. Being tall sometimes can be a negative as far as car buying is concerned.
Old 9th March 2016, 17:29   #490
BHPian

Quote:

I am the first with my dealer. Anybody knows anything about the delivery period? I want it to be ready before 23rd of April. How good are my chances considering I'm first in line with my dealer.....
My dealer says waiting will start on March 27th (not sure what this means) and starting from then the waiting period is 6-8 weeks after that.

Looks like mid to end May, if one is at head of the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post

Priority is safest car. .....................
I am not a huge fan of the way the Ecosport looks- and do not have access to crash test reports of the Brezza- but if priority is safety, and little else matters, then check out the Titanium 1.5 TDCi 6 airbags, ABS, EBD. The AT version (2 airbags) has hill assist too.

Edit:Just realized I posted twice in a row when I could have merged my responses. Not sure how to delete this post and do that.

Last edited by Zappo : 9th March 2016 at 19:59. Reason: Please use the multiquote button to respond to everyone at one go. Use the edit button to add to an existing post in the first 20 minutes. Back to back posts merged.
Old 9th March 2016, 17:44   #491
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki Vitara in Europe with 1.6 ddis engine weighs 1230 kgs.Vitara Brezza top variant weighs 1190 kgs. Weight difference of 40 kgs is not much considering bigger engine and extra features. I think vitara brezza is built on same platform of global vitara and not on swift platform. Swift weighs around 150 kgs lesser than Brezza
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 17:49   #492
BHPian

Quote:
Heavy Car not necessarily means safe but heavy FIATs are super tough. A truck collapsed on a Linea and all survived. Though there's more engineering to it than just weight of metal put. Should be safe enough.

Just that I was in UK for a short stint where I got a good used A6. Was easy to rely on 85000miles run car in UK due to strict MOT, generally good condition of cars etc.
Upon return however, would prefer a new car with good warranty and hence the search.

Back to the question, apart from the side impact requirement being met, any clarity on Eropean crash rating?
Old 9th March 2016, 18:04   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Petrol engines like boosterjet wont be that cheap I believe. ... ZDi+ has got all features of SCross Alpha except for the leather upholstery and the pricing is reasonable. ..

I hope people don't buy the non (O) versions as the difference is not that much and the life saving effect is much more. It would attract customers from all segments.
I agree, the Boosterjet maybe a bit costly, but personally I don't need a Diesel with my running barely around 1k KM a month and I wouldn't need anything more than a VXi (O) if such a thing would come . The only Diesel car I would consider if I were in the market would be the S-Cross that is only because of the rest of the package .

BTW the S-Cross headlamps are Bi-Xenon if I'm not mistaken, which IMHO are way better than usual projectors. (Experts can correct me if I'm wrong here).

As far as buying the (O) versions goes, my preference would be that they do away with the (O) totally and offer those safety features at the Option pack price as standard (i.e the VDi at the VDi(O) price with the safety kit).
Old 9th March 2016, 18:12   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Thanks for your wishes.

Further please note I am going for my first Diesel Car (TD is pending) only after assurance from fellow Bhpians. You have been one of many guys (not naming all) who have made me look at Diesel cars with a different and a realistic viewpoint. So, thanks to all Bhpian who have and will keep supporting this community.

Wait for Delivery has started and I hope gestation period is not too very long.
mountaineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 21:01   #495
BANNED

Quote:
Further please note I am going for my first Diesel Car (TD is pending) only after assurance from fellow Bhpians. You have been one of many guys (not naming all) who have made me look at Diesel cars with a different and a realistic viewpoint. So, thanks to all Bhpian who have and will keep supporting this community.
Yes, I remember I suggested you diesel because imo, though you were on the fence between petrol and diesel, you needed a car earlier than the expected launch of brezza petrol. Had the last condition not been there, I would have suggested you petrol under the other conditions. I am an environmentalist by nature

Anyway, wish you good luck. Brezza won't go wrong, imo.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks