Old 10th March 2016, 18:56   #526
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
That's car and bike review again.

Autocar review is here:

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-rev...-400717,0.aspx
Looks like Autocarindia review is fabricated, will wait for TEAM-BHP review.

When Maruti Suzuki claims 0-100 km/h in 13.3 seconds for Brezza, how can Autocarindia claim 12.96?
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 18:59   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Liked the way Maruti is going about this. Showed it in the Auto Expo, Revealed the price a month later and opened bookings, Media Drives immediately after which helps people wanting to buy have a good idea of the vehicle before booking and finally vehicle will start to reach customers in another couple of weeks. Less than 2 months from launch to deliveries. Something other manufacturers should learn from.

My sentiments exactly. Case in point the Tiago/ fiasco and Kite S sedan. So much promise but a case of too late may be too little. I hope they start deliveries of both at least by next year lol. Otherwise it'll turn out to be a car that everyone wants but very few buy. If they were not ready with production they shouldn't have shown it at the event. Anyway, let's see how they handle this. Five highs to Maruti in this department.
Old 10th March 2016, 19:00   #528
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
Shall we reverse your argument to see if the logic holds up?

The Ertiga LDI costs 8.02 lacs while the Brezza LDI costs 7.23 lakhs. The Ertiga ZDI+ costs 9.74 lakhs. Going by the pricing of Ertiga , the Brezza ZDI+ should cost 8.95 lacs. But it costs a whopping 9.76 lakhs !!! So, Brezza is highly overpriced, from this view point.
What was left unsaid in my comment was the feature list.

Compare the feature list of the two, and you may come to a different conclusion. Variant for variant, it's the Brezza that appears better loaded than Ertiga (apart from the rear A/C).

Therefore, it's the Ertiga which appears overpriced when compared to Brezza. But it does have its own advantages (4m+, 7 seats, flexible 2nd row legroom, second row A/C etc.) compared to Vitara Brezza.

A car is not a smartphone that can be sold at or below manufacturing cost. Expecting unrealistic bargain basement pricing at every new launch has unfortunately become a trend on Team-BHP. Thankfully, manufacturers have understood that the market has long moved on from being price-conscious to becoming value-conscious. Price no longer dictates the success of any car, value does. The Vitara Brezza is very good value-for-money indeed, and its marketplace success is only going to confirm this!

Maruti Suzuki may eventually hike the introductory prices, but make no mistake - we are looking at a cleverly positioned, smartly kitted-out, well-marketed, value-for-money all-round product (if lacking in powertrain options) that's got its existing (& future) competitors very, very worried indeed. This product has the word "blockbuster" written all over it!

Last edited by RSR : 10th March 2016 at 19:05.
RSR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 19:03   #529
BHPian

Performance nos.

Though as member bageherath has quoted, the figures look fabricated, 0-100 KPH

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vb1.jpg

Source: Autocar India
Old 10th March 2016, 19:15   #530
BANNED

Topgear review:http://www.topgear.com/india/maruti-...ezza/itemid-51

Verdict
Be prepared to shell out more for a feature-rich experience if that is what you are looking for. But let it not be a deal-breaker because the Vitara Brezza is the most versatile SUV in its class right now.

EvoIndia review:

http://evoindia.com/blog/2016/03/10/...brezza-review/

Verdict:

What I really like about the Brezza though is its ‘made-in-India’ tag does not come with any compromises; you don’t have to make apologies or tolerate an unseemly rattle just because you’re buying Indian. Neither does the Brezza seem built to a price, which, let’s face it, it obviously is. The fit-finish and quality feels as good as any other Maruti Suzuki and that means you will be buying one of the most reliable and well-built products in this segment. Just goes to show that with the right leadership and a strong set of guidelines our Indian engineers can turn out cars that are on par with what global majors are offering – at even more competitive price points.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 10th March 2016 at 19:31.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 19:27   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Couldn't get the correct turning radius figure, can anyone confirm this?
i20 Active has a turning radius of 5.2 [source]
rmchandru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 19:38   #532
BHPian

Spent quite a lot of time today reading through the reviews. I'm sure this is going to be another cracker from Maruti after the recent Baleno launch. I can even predict a lower waiting period for the Diesel Baleno because of this car. The ZDi+ is a little more costlier than the Baleno Alpha and comes with the DDIS200 engine. Plus, also gives the SUV feel to the owners. The interiors though similar to the other Maruti cars, look much more sorted out. With Maruti's wide showroom and service network, this car will sell like hot cakes. The exterior design continues to follow the 'PLEASE ALL OFFEND NONE' policy from Maruti. One grouse however is that long antenna on top of the car. It looks so much out of place. I was not expecting a shark fin from Maruti but they could have surely added the one from Swift/Dzire/Baleno.
Old 10th March 2016, 19:42   #533
Distinguished - BHPian

AutoX First Drive review,

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1.jpg

Quote:
Overall, the Vitara Brezza offers a very strong package with its combination of a good design, practical interiors, excellent equipment levels and aggressive pricing. It’s main competitors then, are going to be feeling a lot of heat from the Brezza as its deliveries start by the end of this month
http://www.autox.in/reviews/car-revi...a-first-drive/
Old 10th March 2016, 19:48   #534
BHPian

EvoIndia review:

http://evoindia.com/blog/2016/03/10/...brezza-review/

Verdict:

What I really like about the Brezza though is its ‘made-in-India’ tag does not come with any compromises; you don’t have to make apologies or tolerate an unseemly rattle just because you’re buying Indian. Neither does the Brezza seem built to a price, which, let’s face it, it obviously is. The fit-finish and quality feels as good as any other Maruti Suzuki and that means you will be buying one of the most reliable and well-built products in this segment. Just goes to show that with the right leadership and a strong set of guidelines our Indian engineers can turn out cars that are on par with what global majors are offering – at even more competitive price points.[/quote]

Slightly OT Sirish sure has his way with the words. Something common among AJD and his team at OD.
About the car, all reviews do indicate a "solid effort though not best in class". Though Maruti may not need our endorsement to sell more cars. Such good reviews for a product coming from an in-house effort, sure does makes you proud. The comments about the interior plastics would be in obvious comparison to the sedans/premium hatches in the price segment, but doesn't the Duster have much less premium interiors at a much higher price.
Old 10th March 2016, 20:03   #535
BHPian

Got a call from where I had made my booking- Rana Motors, Safdarjung, Delhi- the display model is up in the showroom. Apparently they had a bunch of people coming in today who were swarming all over it. I'll be down there tomorrow.
Old 10th March 2016, 20:06   #536
BANNED

Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Garners 2600 Bookings in 24 Hours

Quote:
The sheer hype surrounding the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza wasn't surprising at all, but what has definitely managed to amaze us is the fact that the subcompact SUV has garnered a whopping 2600 bookings within 24 hours of launch. These are highly impressive numbers for Maruti's indigenously developed product and its success or failure can be called as the litmus test for the company's Indian R&D team behind the model.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza seems to be the ideal upgrade for the customer looking for an upgrade from the Swifts and Wagon R of the world. More so for those who do not want to leave the Indian manufacturer's comfort zone. With a promising start, the milestone marker for the Brezza seems to be closer than we thought.
SOURCE: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/exclusive-...-hours-1285522
Old 10th March 2016, 20:18   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Got a call from where I had made my booking.
Hi C'estlavie. Please take picture of the Brezza while you visit showroom. I really wanted to see a white color Brezza. Some one please post if you have it.
Old 10th March 2016, 20:26   #538
BHPian

I went through all reviews.
Pros: Ride quality, looks, features
Cons: Steering feedback and a bit of body roll

Was I wrong to cancel S-Cross Zeta booking for Brezza ZDi. Price difference taken into consideration. Only a personal TD will tell.
Old 10th March 2016, 20:46   #539
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post

Was I wrong to cancel S-Cross Zeta booking for Brezza ZDi. Price difference taken into consideration. Only a personal TD will tell.
In terms of looks, No. But in most other aspects, scross is in a class of its own. I am not sure how brezza will fare in those aspects compared to scross. As you mentioned, only a test drive will give the details. Can't completely believe these media reports other than Team-Bhp.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 10th March 2016 at 20:47.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2016, 20:57   #540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Garners 2600 Bookings in 24 Hours

SOURCE: http://auto.ndtv.com/news/exclusive-...-hours-1285522
Latest tweet by Maruti claims 5600 bookings till today!

My booking of ZDi+ is number 1 in my city. Total bookings in my city is 5, 3 ZDi+ and 2 LDi.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-screenshot_20160310204935.png  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 10th March 2016 at 20:59.
BoneCollector is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks