Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 11:22   #646
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
QFT, There is no point arguing which one is better then the other. Both have positives and negatives.

Positives for Brezza:
Fresh looks
Wider back seat
Better Mielage
Peppier then Ecosport

Positives for Ecosport
Build Quality
Interiors looks and quality
Cabin Insulation

The major negative which I feel for Ecosport is 4 year old design which is due for a facelift, if you buy one now and the facelift is introduced within a year you would be disappointed with your purchase while you can be sure that it won't be the same case with Brezza. I would be going to Maruti dealership as the SE called me up yesterday and told me that white Vdi is on display. Will click few pics and post them here. Hopefully the Vdi and Zdi share the same interiors...
Ecosport somehow doesn't feel right for me. Its a decision between S-Cross and Brezza. Had decided to drop S-Cross to go for this and returning to S-Cross now would incur additional costs due to new taxes. S-Cross does look ordinary from the front. I just hope the plastics, ride quality and steering feel are above average.

VDi and ZDi don't share the same interiors. Some Plastics will be in piano black finish while some others will be in chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Maruti is offering full refund if you cancel the booking within a week of the test drive. So, if one likes the car after test drive and book, he will have to wait longer. He will have nothing to lose if he doesn't like the drive. So take a deep breath, book the car if you want it, TD it and then decide.
Exactly! Its better to book and then decide. I believe one can cancel the booking even after the vehicle arrives. That's what I was told at NEXA Goa.
Old 14th March 2016, 11:48   #647
BANNED

Motoroctane compares ecosport, tuv and brezza. Selects brezza as their pick.

Source: http://motoroctane.com/reviews/26470...300-comparison
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 13:28   #648
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I figured out why the Vitara Brezza doesn't get SHVS.

1. The excise duty on hybrids is 12.5%. The Vitara Brezza is already in the 12% bracket (sub-4 meter and <1.5L diesel).

2. Second part of the answer is in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
  • Cars have just gotten more expensive! This is over and above the price hikes that auto manufacturers rolled out in the new year. Effective immediately is a new 'infrastructure cess'. Citing pollution & traffic concerns, the FM has imposed an infrastructure cess of:
    1% on sub-4 meter petrol, LPG & CNG cars with an engine <1.2 liters
    2.5% on sub-4 meter diesel cars with an engine <1.5 liters
    4% on all other cars (i.e. bigger cars & SUVs)
The Ciaz & Ertiga are over 4 meters in length. Hence, they are eligible for a higher excise slab as well as the 4% infrastructure cess. SHVS brings their excise duty down to 12.50% and also exempts them from this 4% infrastructure cess.

An SHVS for the Brezza would bring lesser $$$ benefits than the cost of the mild hybrid system. Makes economic sense for Maruti in bigger cars, but not the sub-4 meter ones.
GTO is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 14:01   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post

The major negative which I feel for Ecosport is 4 year old design which is due for a facelift, if you buy one now and the facelift is introduced within a year you would be disappointed with your purchase while you can be sure that it won't be the same case with Brezza...
Ugh, If I am not wrong we had a much awaited "face lift" from the ford on the ecosport just a few months back. All they did was threw in some sensors and stickers and a re tune. So, if you see from a layman's perspective, yes the Ecosport has the same thing from ages. But technically not! It is a smart looking car and hence they played it safe in the face lift. Going by the fierce competition which is lined up in this segment over the coming year, we can hope a more realistic face lift will be on the cards for ecosport.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 14:10   #650
BHPian

Seriously though...nearly 12 lacs and not offering leather as even an option?

This time Maruti has stooped to a new low!
Old 14th March 2016, 15:15   #651
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza - Bangalore update ( 14 Mar). Status is very dynamic and would change daily as booking progresses.

- Vehicle is expected to be displayed on 21st.
- Minimum waiting period 4 - 6 weeks (VDI)
- ZDI Variant 8- 10 weeks
- VDI (O) commands a waiting period of 22- 24 weeks!
- Bookings of ~ 150 - 200 received ( Bimal/Kalyani/RNS)
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 15:43   #652
BHPian

Quote:

1. The excise duty on hybrids is 12.5%. The Vitara Brezza is already in the 12% bracket (sub-4 meter and <1.5L diesel).

2. Second part of the answer is in this post:

The Ciaz & Ertiga are over 4 meters in length. Hence, they are eligible for a higher excise slab as well as the 4% infrastructure cess. SHVS brings their excise duty down to 12.50% and also exempts them from this 4% infrastructure cess.

An SHVS for the Brezza would bring lesser $$$ benefits than the cost of the mild hybrid system. Makes economic sense for Maruti in bigger cars, but not the sub-4 meter ones.
Thanks GTO for the amazing explanation you have given as to why Vitara Brezza does not have SVHS hybrid and I guess Baleno will not come in SVHS. If the excise duty is 12.5 % for hybrid cars, my question is why did not Maruti made Vitara Brezza 4.2 m or 4.3 m and compete directly with Hyundai Creta. I think if it was 4.2 m or 4.3 m, it would kill S-Cross and since Vitara Brezza is proportioned properly due to which it does not look like under 4 m SUV and also they wanted to position them in different segments. Maruti Suzuki should put the SVHS in S-Cross and make it more price competitive and increase it ground clearance to atleast 190mm

Why no rear AC vents for Vitara Brezza and S-Cross?
engine_charan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 15:50   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine_charan View Post
Thanks GTO for the amazing explanation you have given as to why Vitara Brezza does not have SVHS hybrid and I guess Baleno will not come in SVHS. If the excise duty is 12.5 % for hybrid cars, my question is why did not Maruti made Vitara Brezza 4.2 m or 4.3 m and compete directly with Hyundai Creta. I think if it was 4.2 m or 4.3 m, it would kill S-Cross and since Vitara Brezza is proportioned properly due to which it does not look like under 4 m SUV and also they wanted to position them in different segments. Maruti Suzuki should put the SVHS in S-Cross and make it more price competitive and increase it ground clearance to atleast 190mm

Why no rear AC vents for Vitara Brezza and S-Cross?
I think this may be because Maruti has plans to launch the international Vitara sometime in the future. This may also be one of the reasons why Vitara Breeza is being sold through regular Maruti dealerships, as Vitara may be launched from NEXA showrooms.

The internationally specced Vitara starts from a price points of ~14.5 lakhs and this will put it in direct competition with Hyundai Creta.

Interesting times to come.
Amit_breakfree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:19   #654
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine_charan View Post
my question is why did not Maruti made Vitara Brezza 4.2 m or 4.3 m and compete directly with Hyundai Creta.
Maruti knows that it can take the sub-4 meter benefits for granted as now the entire industry is aligned around it.

However, the benefits on hybrids have been extended only for a year. Plus, Maruti's SHVS is a mild / minor / minuscule hybrid at best. It knows its walking on thin ice with the SHVS.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:20   #655
BHPian

Quote:

Can Maruti do something for the enthusiasts here? Plonk in the DDiS320, fit in the SHVS and get into 12.5% excise duty bracket. Surely Maruti may not sell this in huge numbers, but Breeza will create a niche for itself in the market.
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 16:33   #656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
Can Maruti do something for the enthusiasts here? Plonk in the DDiS320, fit in the SHVS and get into 12.5% excise duty bracket. Surely Maruti may not sell this in huge numbers, but Breeza will create a niche for itself in the market.
I dont think so for couple of reasons-
1-The upcoming Vitara will be effected since it will come with the 1.6 engine.
2-Don't see in distant future of the 1.6 being locally assembled. If the vitara does come with the 1.6, it might eat up the scross sales.
3-Cant say if the 1.6 will sit inside the engine bay of the vitara (havent seen the engine bay),mite need some extensive modifications.
4-The ex showroom prices will shoot up since the cost will go 10 lac and above which equates to a 1% increase in exshowroom plus an additional 4% (>1500cc).
I share your same thoughts and kept praying the breeza comes with a 1.6 engine before the launch.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 14th March 2016 at 16:38.
Old 14th March 2016, 16:47   #657
BHPian

Interesting approach to the hybrid technology here. Well given the fact the MS plays around with numbers in the FE and the price tag; they would have certainly checked the permutations and combinations for SHVS . I really am not a fan of the approach, where one looks forward to hybrid technology just to get concessions on tax slabs rather than reaping the benefits of the technology! Having the micro hybrids work, the way they are supposed to, will take the performance to a different level all together. The way Indian car scene is moving I am eager to see how all of this unfolds down the lane.
Old 14th March 2016, 22:05   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Maruti knows that it can take the sub-4 meter benefits for granted as now the entire industry is aligned around it.

However, the benefits on hybrids have been extended only for a year. Plus, Maruti's SHVS is a mild / minor / minuscule hybrid at best. It knows its walking on thin ice with the SHVS.
Who does the reviews on team-bhp.com? We are eagerly waiting for it. Will it only come after TD vehicles reach showrooms? A 4-5 minute video review would have sufficed before the actual review.
Old 14th March 2016, 22:24   #659
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
Isn't that what people were asking Maruti to do with the S-cross. We all know what happened when the S-cross was launched with DDiS320 motor and even after the price was dropped.

More than the Brezza, the DDiS320 was perfect for the S-cross which is what they did but it just didn't work.

As GTO mentioned in another thread, the Brezza is a good car but average at most things. It has no wow factor and there is more hype around it than it actually deserves IMO.

More than the Brezza, the Baleno looks like a fantastic buy now. It may not feel as solid and is lightweight but has more features than the Brezza (xenon lights, telescopic steering, auto dimming IRVM etc), looks smashing, has better performance and efficiency plus will definitely handle better. It's also 2 lakhs cheaper than the BRezza.

The only thing in the Brezza vs Baleno is the additional 30mm clearance and pseudo SUV styling.

The Ecosport has it's USP as well with the 6 airbags, leather seats as well as solid construction.

If I had to buy a Maruti for after sales, I would look at top end Baleno vs lower trim of Brezza or I would stretch to S-cross Zeta and get a full sized crossover.

The Brezza is in the middle but I think is a compromise vs the Baleno and S-cross.

PS: Going purely by paper specs and GTO's post in the other thread as well as having sat in the car personally at the Expo.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 14th March 2016 at 22:56.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 22:43   #660
BHPian

So today I went to see the EcoSport and followed it up with a visit to the nearest Suzuki dealership. Saw both Titanium and ZDi+ on display and immediately felt very very disappointed with the Brezza. The sporty interior with leather upholstery was way above what Brezza offered. The Brezza interiors were average if not below average. Haven't driven the Ecosport yet, will be going to do the same tomorrow. Another interesting car to the mix is the Aspire. The interior were a drab(beige) but overall as a package its a great car. Apart from the undersized looking tyres the car is just about perfect. Will be TDing that too tomorrow. There was a VDi Brezza on display also, did click a few interior and exterior pics. Will post them soon as they are on my mobile and its getting charged as the battery is out.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed