Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 16:36   #691
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Are the plastics really bad? Rattlers?

From the initial impressions, it surely felt to me that they will rattle quite early. Heck, it was creaking wherever I pressed. Don't get me wrong, they aren't the worst in the world, but it surely felt below average in a 10lac rupees car.

Quote:
If S-Cross and Brezza were available at the same price then S-Cross would win right?
Definitely. The S-Cross feels very well put together and there is no comparison between the two where plastics and build quality is concerned.

Regards,
Shashi

Edit-The ZDi variant is somewhat palatable, the VDi and the LDi looks appalling from inside. Kindly refer to the images posted by member volkman10 in the last page, the door opener handles in the VDi is in black and looks so drab. No offence meant to the members who have booked it.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 16th March 2016 at 16:41.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 16:45   #692
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Most ridiculous comparo which makes no sense, what so ever!
Why so? There is only a 60K difference between these 2, and a customer considering a new compact car below 10L will definitely consider these 2. In a similar way, a customer considering a compact SUV will consider Brezza and Creta, and so, comparison between Brezza and Creta will also make sense. But between a Baleno and Creta? May be no.

For a normal customer, it doesn't make too much difference whether it is a hatch, compact sedan or compact suv / crossover of this era.

Your comment makes sense if you compare Baleno with a 4x4 compact SUV like Gypsy. Brezza is of a different genre compared to Gypsy, and very well in the mainstream category.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 16th March 2016 at 17:14.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 16:51   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most ridiculous comparo which makes no sense, what so ever! Why do the journos put in effort to tell us, that they shouldn't be comparing! Well exactly, you cannot compare them!
Why you cannot compare them? What makes these products difficult to compare?

Last edited by Latheesh : 16th March 2016 at 16:52.
Old 16th March 2016, 17:14   #694
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Most ridiculous comparo which makes no sense, what so ever! Why do the journos put in effort to tell us, that they shouldn't be comparing! Well exactly, you cannot compare them!
Why is it a ridiculous comparison? Actually this is a very apt comparo.

What exactly does the BRezza offer over the Baleno other than the 28mm extra ground clearance?

It is same with Ecosport but there is no comparable hatch from Ford to compare it with. They have differentiated between the Aspire, Figo and Ecosport.

In case of Maruti, the Baleno styling is better, it has more features, much better dynamics, better mileage and is sold through the more premium Nexa channel at a much lower cost. It also has a very strong petrol option.

The Brezza just gives the extra clearance, pseudo SUV styling and high seating. Unless those are the highest priorities, the Baleno in my opinion is far more appealing vs the Brezza.

It's actually a very interesting comparison.
Vid6639 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 17:54   #695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Why so? There is only a 60K difference between these 2, and a customer considering a new compact car below 10L will definitely consider these 2. In a similar way, a customer considering a compact SUV will consider Brezza and Creta, and so, comparison between Brezza and Creta will also make sense. But between a Baleno and Creta? May be no.

For a normal customer, it doesn't make too much difference whether it is a hatch, compact sedan or compact suv / crossover of this era.

Your comment makes sense if you compare Baleno with a 4x4 compact SUV like Gypsy. Brezza is of a different genre compared to Gypsy, and very well in the mainstream category.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Why you cannot compare them? What makes these products difficult to compare?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Why is it a ridiculous comparison? Actually this is a very apt comparo.

What exactly does the BRezza offer over the Baleno other than the 28mm extra ground clearance?

It is same with Ecosport but there is no comparable hatch from Ford to compare it with. They have differentiated between the Aspire, Figo and Ecosport.

In case of Maruti, the Baleno styling is better, it has more features, much better dynamics, better mileage and is sold through the more premium Nexa channel at a much lower cost. It also has a very strong petrol option.

The Brezza just gives the extra clearance, pseudo SUV styling and high seating. Unless those are the highest priorities, the Baleno in my opinion is far more appealing vs the Brezza.

When the verdict comes out as

"A closely fought battle among the siblings. Though it's really not fair to compare these two very different cars, we think this comparison will help you take sides and pick out the car you need."

I do not see it as a comparison, it is more of an FYI. Brezza might be just pseudo SUV but it's not a hatch certainly! The only reason why you guys feel it is comparable is, the price difference and has the same engine! Which would mean any car having the same engine should be compared! To each his own.
Old 16th March 2016, 17:59   #696
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Brezza might be just pseudo SUV but it's not a hatch certainly! The only reason why you guys feel it is comparable is, the price difference and has the same engine! Which would mean any car having the same engine should be compared! To each his own.
If the Brezza is not a raised hatch / pseudo SUV (like the Ecosport) then what is it?

Forget the price, they are identical in foot print as well as in tech specs.
Old 16th March 2016, 18:09   #697
BHPian

Just went to the Maruti Dealer and checked the Brezza. The car looks stunning! It has been the first car of Maruti in forever that has seriously impressed me so much in terms of looks. Very SUVish, looked like a mini endeavour to me and my friend agreed with that. It looks really manly. However, the body is light and the quality is not up to the mark. Saw bits of unfinished paint in the corners of the gate joints. The interior looked really bland to me in photos but when I saw it live, it was really eye catching, nothing too special and still very friendly to eyes. The cabin is really airy. You really do sit much above like in the real SUVs.

I am kinda in love with this car, solely for its looks while the engine isn't that great but can be compromised for those real SUVish looks.
Old 16th March 2016, 18:27   #698
BHPian

Quote:
If the Brezza is not a raised hatch / pseudo SUV (like the Ecosport) then what is it?

Forget the price, they are identical in foot print as well as in tech specs.
We live in world where KUV is called a suv and creta as a perfect suv. I have made my peace with it. I never denied the fact that the brezza is a pseudo suv. But there will be loads of things that will be different, even though the specs on paper look similar. A direct comparison between an i20 and active or punto and avventura or anything of that sort makes a lot of sense to me. However, since the line is thin between a hatch and an urban suv I think it's time that I too start comparing and making my mind towards it.
If that is the case, obviously the baleno will win over the brezza in my view. It's a proper hatch, though the handling is not as sharp as one would expect it rides well and is planted. Whereas the brezza according to most of the reviews, does not. I will hopefully have a TD by EOM when it arrives at my dealership and will know how good or bad it is.
Old 16th March 2016, 20:15   #699
BHPian

Finally went ahead and booked Brezza Zdi Pearl Arctic White. I had been following the car since I saw it at the auto expo. My first choice was Baleno as it is more VFM, but the 6-8 months waiting period really put me off. I had looked at multiple other cars - Dzire, Amaze, Baleno, Elite i20, Honda City, VW Polo, Ecosport etc but Brezza seemed like a much better buy due to multiple reasons - I'll hold that for the booking/ownership report I guess.

My SA told me that they've received info from MS that 43% of total bookings are for white color and 14% for red.

The current waiting period for the various trims at Noida are as follows :
Ldi : 6-8 weeks
Ldi(O) : 10-12 weeks
Vdi : 4-6 weeks
Vdi(O): 22-24 weeks
Zdi : 6-8 weeks
Zdi + : 6-8 weeks
Zdi + dual tone : 8-10 weeks
Old 16th March 2016, 21:06   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
The current waiting period for the various trims at Noida are as follows :
Ldi : 6-8 weeks
Ldi(O) : 10-12 weeks
Vdi : 4-6 weeks
Vdi(O): 22-24 weeks
Zdi : 6-8 weeks
Zdi + : 6-8 weeks
Zdi + dual tone : 8-10 weeks
What I don't understand is the 6 month waiting period quoted for Vdi (O)
The deliveries haven't even started yet, surely MS can look into the booking patterns & ramp up/down production accordingly.
Or is it an attempt to luring people into buying the higher trims - because those who care about safety would do just that. Not cool MS!
Old 16th March 2016, 21:39   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agreed and in fact I expect to see a lot more such comparisons coming up across the so called different car segments but same price bracket.

Considering the number of cars in the 8-12 lac bracket, it is inevitable. An example could be City vs S-Cross or as in this article, Baleno / i20 vs Brezza / EcoSport.
Old 16th March 2016, 21:43   #702
BHPian

Was just wondering about the USPs of the pseudo SUVs.

Ecosport

# Solid build quality
# Powerful engine
# Best interior quality
# Best safety features
# 2 petrol options
# Powerful petrol AT

TUV 300

# Solid build quality
# Spacious interiors
# 5+2 seating gives added versatility
# Diesel AT
# True SUV feel due to ladder on frame construction

Vitara Brezza

# Backed by Maruti
# Fresh product in segment
# Best in class mileage

Leaving brand perceptions and A.S.S aside, I was unable to gather proper USPs for Vitara Brezza for it to stand apart. It'll definetely outsell the other 2 but want to formulate going by the merit of the product

This is not to be interpreted as a post that is nitpicking . Just that I'm not able to come up with strong points in favour of brezza. Have I missed something???

No offense to members who have booked or intend to book the Brezza

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 16th March 2016 at 21:51.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 22:24   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Was just wondering about the USPs of the pseudo SUVs.

Ecosport

# Solid build quality
# Powerful engine
# Best interior quality
# Best safety features
# 2 petrol options
# Powerful petrol AT

Yes solid build- tough suspension that wheel alignment values doesn't change from service to service. But some plastics creak- though they are durable and last long.

Engine is tractable and response is sharp- but not powerful outright. But definitely less gear changes than DDiS while not much fun like it. Vitara Junior doesn't have a chassis that can exploit the fun though.

Another vital point here is Ford regular* service charges are cheaper than Maruti.

*As differentiated from accident repair and critical part failures
Old 16th March 2016, 22:38   #704
BHPian

Buying a Brezza will be a decision to repent. This is the impression team-bhp members have started giving me. TD vehicle not available in Goa yet to see for myself. All those who have booked and are pro-Brezza please convince me why its worth it. Hasn't anyone here driven it yet? Only a couple of guys have reported it here.
Old 16th March 2016, 22:56   #705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
@wildinstints Hi, I am planning to buy the Brezza and just wanted to know if I can get just the leather wrapped steering wheel and auto IRVM from the package. The cost of the auto IRVM is around 5500/- including wiring, right? Any idea about the leather wrapped steering cover?

Thanks.
Hi... I went through the accessory list but do not see leather wrapped steering cover listed. But, I am sure it will be offered at the dealers. Also, you can get it done outside as well, there are good shops in every major city. Good quality ones cost about 2000.
WildInstincts is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks