Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2016, 23:41   #706
BANNED

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Buying a Brezza will be a decision to repent. This is the impression team-bhp members have started giving me.
You will repent if the car doesn't give the expected mileage.
You will repent if the car couldn't be serviced within a reason time.
You will repent if the car couldn't be serviced in a reasonable budget.
You will repent if the parts start falling off.
You will repent if the car doesn't fetch enough resale value.

Now,

You won't repent if the build quality is slightly on the lower side.
You won't repent if the ride is slightly on the stiffer side.
You won't repent if the boot space is slightly on the smaller side.
You won't repent if there is a bit of turbo lag.
You won't repent if you see the components are in common with another car.

None of the reasons to repent are usually going to happen with a brezza, imo - based on my current experience with maruti.

People cited many silly reasons that baleno will not be good. Now see the booking of one lakh units in 4 months.
Same kind of reasons posted against ertiga and ciaz. Both are segment leaders now.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th March 2016 at 00:10.
romeomidhun is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 23:49   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Buying a Brezza will be a decision to repent. This is the impression team-bhp members have started giving me. TD vehicle not available in Goa yet to see for myself. All those who have booked and are pro-Brezza please convince me why its worth it. Hasn't anyone here driven it yet? Only a couple of guys have reported it here.
I'm one in the queue, to take the TD and then decide. My family always have loved the pseudo SUVs and added to it ecosport always has felt claustrophobic to my parents and they gave a direct no to it. I wanted a creta, but the price was out of my budget. So, finally I had stopped looking for pseudo SUVs and started looking for a car which would suffice my city runs (60-70 kms per day) and occasional highway runs. Booked baleno and we all know how long that queue is! I'm waiting for baleno and might push it from my end a little, if I do get a call from Nexa. If brezza impresses me even a bit as a pseudo SUV,I'll simply go ahead with it, for a simple reason that it would give me feel of a SUV, while my costs of running will not be of that of a SUV and added to it I keep my parents happy, specially my dad who is one of those Indians who goes by the name of MS and just buys it.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2016, 23:52   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Buying a Brezza will be a decision to repent. This is the impression team-bhp members have started giving me. TD vehicle not available in Goa yet to see for myself. All those who have booked and are pro-Brezza please convince me why its worth it. Hasn't anyone here driven it yet? Only a couple of guys have reported it here.
If you are convinced about getting repented after Brezza is bought, the wisest decision is not to buy that.

What are the parameters that you suspect the vehicle will force you to feel repent?
Make a list of those parameters. Take multiple long test drives. If still not convinced about the parameters (some you may not get from test drive), go ahead and buy other vehicle which tick marks your parameters.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 00:19   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Buying a Brezza will be a decision to repent. This is the impression team-bhp members have started giving me.
Sir, I am one of those guys who has driven the Brezza. And If I am to buy today, I will buy the S Cross. No doubt about it.
Still, its you who will have to pay, and you'll be using it all the time. So I request you to have a detailed look at the car yourself before taking any decision. Don't take anyone's words for it.

Just as an example, I was accompanied by a friend. He found the ride quality to be okay while I found it a bit on the harder side. He was okay with the plastic quality while I completely loathed it. On the other hand, I am okay with the looks of the S cross, while he hates it. If people go completely by other people's opinion, then only one particular car will sell at a price point.

If you like the vehicle and are interested in it, do take a test drive and only then finalise anything. Don't go on others words. Sorry if my earlier posts led to your confusion. But one thing is for sure, there may be better cars at the price point, but The Brezza is one car which no one will repent. It is a jack of all trades type of car, it won't excel in any field, but will keep you happy.

All dealers have got atleast one car for training and demo purposes. Some of them have displayed the car while others are waiting for 21st of march for launching it.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 00:29   #710
BHPian

I forgot to add a line. I might repent the decision to skip the purchase of S-Cross Zeta limited edition which I was offered at a price about 35k more than the Brezza ZDi before the budget. Now Brezza has to come good. Going back to S-Cross will cost about 50k more. For some reason the dealer has hiked by about that much across all variants. The budget has ruined everything. This car/SUV will be staying for a long time with us so its becoming a tough call. It looks good though. S-Cross looks okayish without projector lamps but Brezza is pretty good. They should have priced it maybe 10-15k more and used better plastics.
Old 17th March 2016, 07:14   #711
BHPian

An interesting model Maruti has come up with .

I have a question. As my monthly running would be low (mostly below 800km), I haven't considered a diesel car yet. But this is a car that I would like to buy. Will I be fine with this diesel version or should I wait for a petrol engine? Also will the service cost and spare cost be justifiable for this diesel motor?
Also can we expect a decent performance and mileage from a future smaller capacity petrol motor? I would be traveling with two to five people most of the time.
Old 17th March 2016, 08:32   #712
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RideRanger View Post
I have a question. As my monthly running would be low (mostly below 800km), I haven't considered a diesel car yet. But this is a car that I would like to buy. Will I be fine with this diesel version or should I wait for a petrol engine?
Your monthly running doesn't require a diesel. But the problem with petrol brezza would be, it will be priced on par with diesel if it comes with 1L boosterjet, imo. In that case, there won't be much in terms of monitory benefits to you. Otherwise, maruti has to aggressively price the 1L boosterjet model at 1 lakh less than diesel. I assume this is possible as 1L boosterjet is already localised and used in baleno exported to Japan.

Otherwise, they have to launch it with the 1.4L k-series / 1.5L m-series with shvs to exempt from higher tax.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th March 2016 at 08:46.
romeomidhun is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 09:02   #713
BHPian

I am in the market for a Petrol car only.

However, am looking at the Brezza even though its diesel only. As I found the s-cross to be bigger than I wanted plus its expensive (1.6).

Have abandoned the thought of buying the Ecosport as after a long drive in my in-laws car, I found that my huge feet (size 11) strangely meddle with the steering rack column.

Hence looking forward to a test drive of Brezza.
Old 17th March 2016, 09:05   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
I assume this is possible as 1L boosterjet is already localised and used in baleno exported to Japan.
The Boosterjet is not localized yet and MS says they need something in the order of 100,000 units/month of boosterjet to localize it for cost efficiencies.

This is as per a Maruti Company source
Quote:
“An SUV needs a high torque engine which makes our Boosterjet a good match for the Vitara Brezza” said a company source. “Besides, we import the Boosterjet engine for re-export in the Baleno for global markets. This makes the logistics for sourcing the engine relatively easy” he added. In addition, the Boosterjet will also power the Baleno RS, a sportier version of the hatchback that was showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo last February

The Boosterjet engine, however, will initially be completely imported as the volumes from both the Vitara Brezza and Baleno RS will be too small to make local assembly viable. “You need to be making at least 1,00,000 units a month before you can justify local assembly but we will monitor the demand for this engine which may power future products as well before taking any decision,” said a source. The next-gen Swift (code: YSD) which will be based on the Baleno’s lightweight platform and due in 2017/18 is also likely to get the Boosterjet engine.
Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ol-400834.aspx

So I doubt if the price could be 1Lakh lower than Diesel. It might be equal or slightly lower than Diesel mill.
thatsdileep is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 10:11   #715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
The Boosterjet is not localized yet and MS says they need something in the order of 100,000 units/month of boosterjet to localize it for cost efficiencies.
Is it really 1,00,000 units/month? I guess it should be per year. Autocar reporter must have made a typo error here.
RoadSurfer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 10:32   #716
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That should be a typo - 100,000 is like the number of bookings the Hyundai Creta has garnered in about 8 months, surely Maruti Suzuki is not expecting to sell those many Brezzas a month

Last edited by NPV : 17th March 2016 at 10:34.
Old 17th March 2016, 10:49   #717
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Then my question is: while the 1L 3-cylinder k-series engine is produced in India, why not its turbo version? As per my understanding, a turbo is just an addition to the standard engine, not a complete rework.

Or, can Maruti bring a low-cost turbo version of their good old 1.2 G-series engine with a power output of around 100BHP? (Tata has brought their low-cost revotron turbo engine based on their old 1.2L Indica engine! They sourced the turbo unit from Bosch, I guess.)

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th March 2016 at 10:50.
Old 17th March 2016, 10:53   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Or, can Maruti bring a low-cost turbo version of their good old 1.2 G-series engine with a power output of around 100BHP? (Tata has brought their low-cost revotron turbo engine based on their old 1.2L Indica engine! They sourced the turbo unit from Bosch, I guess.)
It is confirmed on the 1.0L Boosterjet for Vitara Brezza.

Quote:
Vitara Brezza to get 1.0 turbo petrol later. "An SUV needs torque & our Boosterjet motor has it" says Maruti source
https://twitter.com/hormazdsorabjee
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 11:12   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Then my question is: while the 1L 3-cylinder k-series engine is produced in India, why not its turbo version? As per my understanding, a turbo is just an addition to the standard engine, not a complete rework.

I agree...not sure why Maruti should be importing the boosterjet as adding a turbo is not rocket science for automotive manufacturer. Of course I understand that it has to go through rigorous testing than just plonking in a turbo compressor in your own back yard garage as it has to cater for mass production and when the company name is on line. Having said that many companies have done it in reasonable times. I guess MSIL are already to their capacity when it comes to making engines and probably cannot afford to make any changes to their production lines locally...!
Old 17th March 2016, 12:52   #720
BHPian

Question to kvsingh13..Is the Brezza available in any showrooms in Delhi. Checked with a Bangalore dealer and they told the the demo / test drive vehicle will be available only by 25th March or 5th April.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed