Team-BHP - The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172904-maruti-vitara-brezza-auto-expo-2016-a-5.html)

This car will definitely get enough numbers for Maruti Suzuki. I am impressed with the exterior. But the interior is just average. Look at those door pads!! MID is same as swift, S cross. Baleno gets colourful MID with few more settings to play with

Great post GTO.

MSIL have made a car with Kwid's front, S-Cross rear, the tried and tested 1.3L Fiat sourced engine, and color patterns from the Mini.
Designed to sell, and sell it will.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3904594)
Familiar 1.3L national diesel engine of India with a variable geometry turbo. 89 BHP (@ 4,000 rpm) and 200 Nm peak torque (@ 1,750 rpm).

I guess it's one size fits all for Maruti. It's surprising how much more profit can MSIL generate if they develop a diesel engine themselves. Food for thought?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3904594)
Door has none of the EcoSport's thud.

The only reason I'm not a MSIL fan is that they cut corners on the build quality. Ironically, their best car (in recent times) in terms of build quality is a flop. S-Cross anyone?
Nevertheless, an SUV with light exteriors to me is an oxymoron.

One thing is for clear.

- There will be lot of internal cannibalizing.
- External: Not to say anything with respect to Ecosport and others
- The other aspect being: What will be the fate of S-Cross DDIS200.
- A top end Brezza at ~10L: A near 3L below S-Cross DDIS 200 Alpha?
- Any way as long as buyers stay within the Maruti dealership, Maruti should be happy

As regards to the product:
- Well specc'ed for sure
- Maruti deciding to stay away from Nexa does not mean, the product will not be built well.
- I can see Maruti slowly building up like Hyundai. All their products seem to be well equipped with features and interior quality seems to be slowly getting better
- They now just need to come out of that "rattle" mode.

On Others in context:
- The facelifted Duster seems like a Dead on Arrival to me given such a range of options in the market.
- And what ever sales, it can garner will get eaten by the more prolific Creta. (That argument though is for a different thread. Just thought will mention it)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbaddy (Post 3905291)
SCross 1.3 Zeta is costing approx 11 lakh on road in Delhi, so I don't think Brezza is going to cannibalize much there. You might have got the 1.6 Zeta pricing confused with 1.3.

Whoever wants style with less space will go for Brezza and people who don't mind looks but want space will go for SCross 1.3.

Sorry. I meant the top end. I should have said Alpha. Corrected my post. Thanks for pointing it out.

Love the dual tone colours. Maruti should go with it; at least a standard white top.

Was expecting a smoother product in terms of proportions.

This one looks good. Has more space than I expected. Surely going straight to the very top of the monthly sales chart.

Can it beat the DZire? I think the Brezza can in the long run if Maruti wants it to be. :D Lets see what they have planned with the price and volume.

Normally MSIL gives analog gauges for both fuel and temperature and it looks like those are digital here. That's not a trend I like. Also the cluster looks a bit too small.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-marutisuzukivitarabrezza11.jpg

Hope Brezza drives and rides well for a CUV. That's one Maruti USP people discount a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 3905248)
- The other aspect being: What will be the fate of S-Cross DDIS200.
- A top end Brezza at ~10L: A near 3L below S-Cross DDIS 200 Zeta?
- Any way as long as buyers stay within the Maruti dealership, Maruti should be happy

SCross 1.3 Zeta is costing approx 11 lakh on road in Delhi, so I don't think Brezza is going to cannibalize much there. You might have got the 1.6 Zeta pricing confused with 1.3.

Whoever wants style with less space will go for Brezza and people who don't mind looks but want space will go for SCross 1.3.

With 3 adults onboard!
Attachment 1468234

GTO+other members at the expo:
With 3 adults, did you notice the rear sagging? I think this has been seen in MSIL cars lately.

Lovely GTO and Vid6639, I started-off thinking this would be a preview, but lovely capture of the entire package. You guys do a great job!
For me, the design and character looks pretty ordinary, but sure, this would give a tough fight for EcoSport, TUV and Creta, did I say Cret?, I feel so!

Very balanced in looks. Though specs say boot smaller than EcoSport, it somehow appears more roomy. The Ford is seriously compact. This has a bit more of SUV feel. Good one Maruti.

Overall looks like a nice package. Two tone (or is that three?) exterior looks quite nice and departure from usually boring Maruti designs. I would not pick up that garish yellow interior though.
Headlight design looks very VW-ish, expecially in the image titled "...Autoexpo 2016-15.jpg" the angle at which it is clicked.

Big Thumbs up for this.

For all the negative comments on this thread, the fact is, if MSIL gets the pricing right on this one (S-Cross was one of their rare mistakes), this one is going to be a chart topper - the Swift of the C-SUVs - for many years to come. Haters can hate.

I think the styling is quite mature and restrained. Yes, there may be hints of design elements from competitor models - it is a part of bench-marking that every manufacturer does. It is a global phenomenon and not specific to MSIL cars. But the good thing is - all those elements are integrated into a neat, cohesive and proportionate design.

Not like some others who cut and paste stuff in 1:1 ratio and make hideous stuff in the name of 'design'!

@Viju - Couldn't agree more with you. I think Maruti Suzuki India is getting mature with every new offering in the higher segment. Although S-Cross is such an amazing car , the only thing holding it back is the bland looks (which is okay for the European Markets) . It all began with Ciaz and with the Brezza Suzuki is going to scorch this end of the market and build a platform for more premium offerings.

Though I am in the market for a CUV and Brezza clicks all my parameters except for the lack of automatic transmission which will make re-think. I don't think there is any possibility of an automatic variant before 2017.

Way to go Maruti..clap: Add a fully grown SUV and a niche sedan and you have a product to cater to every strata of our society.

With 1790mm in width, it is wider than ciaz, scross, baleno and international vitara! Won't it be too wide for city use?

Another Maruti product which will fit itself in the segment automatically without any fuss. I haven't seen any Maruti product doing bad apart from Versa, Does any one remember any other Maruti product falling flat ?

I don't understand the strategy, we have so many similar cars coming up with a tagging of different segment. SX4 & Brezza, what is the major difference ?
Both look like wannabe SUV's

This is the new trend which is setting up to woo people of this country, who all want to own a SUV, but looking at the costing of real front line SUV's, people who cant afford one but want one are going for "wannabe SUV" vehicles like Ecosport, Brezza, SX4, KUV100, TUV500 etc etc..

It still has a 1.3 L under the hood and not a 3.0 L to make it a hard hitting SUV.

Much of it is due to lack of understanding on what is actually required, so as per customer demand, Automobile companies are also mixing the masala into one package

1- Under 4 Mts
2- Look like SUV
3- Diesel driven
4- Be at a Hatch price or competitive.
5- Comfort of Sedan.