Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2016, 15:04   #871
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switch View Post
Can someone post the key of the ZDi variant.
Some pics. It was really hot today. Couldn't click properly pics. Our car has been openly kept in sun.Will things get damaged? ZDi and ZDi+ dash comparison.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-imag1238.jpg The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-imag1232.jpg The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-imag1234.jpg
anycatd is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 15:23   #872
BHPian

Hardly any difference, apart from the cruise control mounted switches, push button start and ICE everything else looks the same. By any chance ZDi comes with an armrest, if not then I would definitely getting one. Also it could be just me but I have always liked more switches in my car then touchscreen panel. The convenience of using one in a moving car is less distracting. And there is nothing with a good phone mount can't fix.

Also I see the car key in the ZDi, would have liked a flippy key over this.

Things already in my upgrade list:
1. Reverse parking camera
2. Flippy Key
3. Seat covers and steering cover
4. Armrest
5. Phonemount
6. Black roof wrap(Have booked a red ZDi)

I guess that just about covers it all...
Old 26th March 2016, 15:51   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Hardly any difference, apart from the cruise control mounted switches, push button start and ICE everything else looks the same. By any chance ZDi comes with an armrest, if not then I would definitely getting one. Also it could be just me but I have always liked more switches in my car then touchscreen panel. The convenience of using one in a moving car is less distracting. And there is nothing with a good phone mount can't fix.

Also I see the car key in the ZDi, would have liked a flippy key over this.

Things already in my upgrade list:
1. Reverse parking camera
2. Flippy Key
3. Seat covers and steering cover
4. Armrest
5. Phonemount
6. Black roof wrap(Have booked a red ZDi)

I guess that just about covers it all...
How to get a flippy key? These things are coded and other keys won't work I guess.
I too want an armrest. Is it available with MGA guys?
Black roof wrap is from 3M? Where can I get one in Goa, no 3M dealer here. I was planning a white strip at the center of the roof to break the monotone.
Old 26th March 2016, 16:32   #874
BHPian

For flip key look here:

Buy from here: http://flipkeys.in/product/suzuki-2-button-flip-key/

How to DIY after delivery:

For Armrest look here:
http://www.ebay.in/itm/SBA-Entice-Ca...UAAOSwpIdW8EjF

Installation video here:

Or you can get it done locally from your neighbourhood car accessories shop for a Rs 150 - Rs 200 installation charges.

For 3M wraps you need to find out with your local accessories guys. You can always buy it online but installation a PITA hence getting an end to end solution for that would be advisable.

Last edited by Switch : 26th March 2016 at 16:33.
Switch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2016, 17:53   #875
BHPian

Quote:
For 3M wraps you need to find out with your local accessories guys. You can always buy it online but installation a PITA hence getting an end to end solution for that would be advisable.
Both things look ugly and are not clean to install. Any better alternatives? I'm sure there will be.

Last edited by Eddy : 27th March 2016 at 16:32. Reason: Quoting a video hampers readability for our small screen users.
Old 26th March 2016, 20:41   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
Congrats!

Could you please share a few closeup shots of the roof . How good is the finish of the vinyl sheet?

I had booked White Zdi. On a second thought, I'm also planning to switch to red or yellow Zdi and then get a contrasting roof to get that dual tone finish. But it depends on how good the finish is and how well it would age.
I will surely post the close up shots. I haven't taken the physical delivery pending RTO formalities. When I visit the showroom next time, will take pics and post here
Old 27th March 2016, 15:16   #877
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I saw the Brezza at the Koramangala Maruti Showroom quite by chance today as I was passing by.
I turned in and spent some time looking at it because the showroom wasn't crowded at all.
Here are some pics which I took.

I m not reviewing this vehicle or anything, just putting down a few points which I noted.
Variant on Display was the ZDI + (D)
1. 198mm Ground Clearance. 3995 mm length.
2. Stock 215/60/16 Tyres mounted on decent-ish alloys (tyres seem a bit small - this vehicle could do with an upsize to 215/65/16 in my opinion. It comes with a full size spare on a steel wheel.
3. ABS with EBD, 2 Airbags
4. Driver's seat is height adjustable - front passenger seat is not - that's a big miss in my book.
5. All the other bells and whistles expected in a vehicle like this seem to be there like Xenon headlamps and all the rest of it.
6. It is only available in Diesel as of now and the unit is the 1.3 DDIS. (Same as the one in the Ciaz). There is a cladding as standard inside the bonnet and about time! The Glove box has 2 sections. The upper one is cooled and the lower is just normal. The centre console in between the front 2 seats is a bit Yeti-esque but much smaller.
7. No AWD/ 4WD. 5 Gear Manual Transmission. No Automatic or AMT as of now. Front Disc Brakes and Rear Drums - These things plus the lack of a Petrol option, are a bit of a miss, according to me.
8. Bootspace with the rear seats up is 328 litres and with the 60:40 split rear seats folded completely flat, it goes up to 550 litres. Rear seats are not removable. The seat squab folds up just like in an I20, so as to allow the backrest to rest completely flat. Loading bay and loading lip is decent and it won't be tough to put in a few suitcases unlike in the Swift where the pronounced lip is a pain.
9. Decent driving position but as a tall man, I was rather hoping I could depress the seat height adjuster one or two more notches but that was not to be. Under thigh support in the front driver seat could have been better.
10. With the driving seat position adjusted for myself, I was absolutely unable to fit in the back behind the driver. Ingress and Egress in the front seats is fine. Getting in and out of the rear seat in my case, means I ve got to watch out a bit because my head bangs the roof as I enter or exit.
12. Panel gaps not terribly evident. Fit and finish pretty decent. Its got that keyless entry / lock and push button start / stop etc.
13. The console etc and all the buttons are well placed. No worries there.
14. The Yellow vehicle pictured came with all sorts of accessories and pseudo tough looking stuff - the fit and finish of these accessories is not great.
15. The Red vehicle pictured was a stock one - I preferred that one any day.
16. Pricing for the Top Spec Brezza ZDI + (D) on Road Bangalore is 12 Lacs. This is for the Dual Tone vehicle with contrast roof.
17. The normal one ZDI+ comes to 11.84 lacs on Road Bangalore.
18. There is a choice of Red, Blue and Yellow for the Dual Tone (with Black or White Roof) and these are also offered with the normal coloured roofs as well. Apart from these colours there is a White, a Premium Silver and a Granite Grey.

All in all I would say this vehicle is pretty well priced and looks very nice overall. Shades of a fore-shortened Range Rover Evoque somewhere...

A good looking, purposeful vehicle like this will surely appeal to all those young families, over the typical sedan. Plus the high riding stance and good ground clearance is a big benefit on these horrid roads of ours. This is certainly the age of the mini utilitarian cross-over for sure!

I didn't drive it but I felt the suspension by pumping it up and down - it felt pretty firm and I think it should give a good ride.

Being a Maruti, it is literally going to fly off the shelves for sure. The booking amount is only 21K.

I think this is definitely going to eat into some market share of the Creta, the S Cross, the Eco Sport, the Duster, the Mahindra Scorpio, TUV, even the XUV.

I have a funny feeling this is going to become very popular all of a sudden and the upcoming NeoSport from Mahindra might have a tough time competing...

Anyway, this is only my 2 bits...
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3886.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3888.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3889.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3890.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3891.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3892.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3893.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3894.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3895.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3896.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3897.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3898.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3899.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3900.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3901.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3902.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3903.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3904.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3905.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3906.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3907.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_3908.jpg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 27th March 2016 at 15:32.
shankar.balan is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 16:17   #878
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
5. All the other bells and whistles expected in a vehicle like this seem to be there like Xenon headlamps and all the rest of it.
Brezza doesn't get xenon's, just projectors with regular halogens.

Xenon is only in Baleno and S-cross.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 16:45   #879
BHPian

Are the seat covers from maruti of good quality? The one shown in above pics as well as in some pics before.
Old 27th March 2016, 17:21   #880
BHPian

TBH I didn't find the fit to be great. Its a great design but maybe the fitting done by the dealer where I saw it was done horridly. I definitely like the design though. Pretty sporty IMHO.
Old 27th March 2016, 17:37   #881
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Brezza doesn't get xenon's, just projectors with regular halogens.

Xenon is only in Baleno and S-cross.
Sorry. You're right. Only Projectors.

Saying that, I was just wondering about the 1.3 DDIS. Im sure it is fine for daily usage and FE and all the rest of those things dear to the Indian consumer's heart.

However, wouldn't the Brezza be significantly more formidable, if the Maruti chaps were to give us an 1.6 DDIS in it? Along with of course, the other bells and whistles that I have mentioned in my notes...
Old 27th March 2016, 17:40   #882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Are the seat covers from maruti of good quality? The one shown in above pics as well as in some pics before.
Depends on what is your definition of good quality. My seven and half years and 110K kms old swift covers are as good as new after normal cleaning. These looked as good as, if not better than, my car so they will last IMO.

@Shankar.balan, 1.6 will make the ticket price higher than acceptable for normal customer. Moreover, 1.3 is neither underpowered nor a too zippy. It will satisfy the huge majority of prospective buyers.

Last edited by sourabhzen : 27th March 2016 at 17:44. Reason: Adding Response to Shankar.Balan
Old 27th March 2016, 17:42   #883
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Quote:
TBH I didn't find the fit to be great. Its a great design but maybe the fitting done by the dealer where I saw it was done horridly. I definitely like the design though. Pretty sporty IMHO.
Yes. The covers look nice as long as one doesn't go too close.
The perforated design and so on are nice and sporty.

The fit and finish is poor. Basically these are zip on covers and they are loose. What one wants is a superbly tight fitting set of seat covers to make them feel like a second skin.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 17:46   #884
BHPian

Quote:

Saying that, I was just wondering about the 1.3 DDIS. Im sure it is fine for daily usage and FE and all the rest of those things dear to the Indian consumer's heart.
1.3 (200 DDiS) is giving wonderful mileage. I own a 1.3 S-Cross and it gives me 19-20 KMPL in congested Bangalore traffic. The vehicle has run almost 10K and the third service is almost due. Hope it may better a little more after the oil change and the third service.
Old 27th March 2016, 17:46   #885
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry. You're right. Only Projectors.

However, wouldn't the Brezza be significantly more formidable, if the Maruti chaps were to give us an 1.6 DDIS in it? Along with of course, the other bells and whistles that I have mentioned in my notes...
It wouldn't have gotten any tax benefits because of larger engine and the price would have been close to 14+ lakhs for a sub 4m compact SUV.

Plus it would cannibalise the S-cross.

I went and had a close look at the production Brezza yesterday at Surakshaa as well and was still not impressed. The interior space is definitely more than the Ecosport but the seats aren't as comfortable front and back. Me and another friend who is equally tall and even heftier than me felt that we were too big for the car. Both of us have Ecosports (mine is diesel and his is a petrol AT).

Front door felt smaller in size, rear was not easy to get into but once inside space was definitely more. Under thigh at the back was not as good as the Ecosport.

Sheet metal quality was nowhere close to the Ecosport and interior plastics felt a good notch or 2 below the Ecosport's. The Ecosport just felt better finished overall and not built to a cost.

It's most definitely going to sell and will be a blockbuster but it just felt too mass market and ordinary for me.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks