Team-BHP - The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172904-maruti-vitara-brezza-auto-expo-2016-a-64.html)

When & where is the team bhp official review

Can someone atleast provide an hint if not exact date ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRtorquefan (Post 3941849)
what part of Taillamp glows when parking lamps are switched on ?

In Vdi it will be brake light above the indicator that will light up when you switch on the parking lights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCS (Post 3941855)
When & where is the team bhp official review

Can someone atleast provide an hint if not exact date ?

As GTO mentioned earlier, the drive is over, but they are in the process of finalising the review.

One thing I can tell you: the review won't tilt one who is sitting on the fence (between either ecosport / brezza, scross / brezza, creta / brezza, or baleno / brezza) in favour of brezza. Purely my guess, though based on reading the comments of the moderators in this forum.

The driving dynamics not as good as ecosport, quality not as good as scross, road presence not as good as creta, or vfm not as good as baleno.

stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeomidhun (Post 3941885)
The driving dynamics not as good as ecosport, quality not as good as scross, road presence not as good as creta, or vfm not as good as baleno.

Even then, let me be clear: as an overall package, brezza seems to be an unbeatable package.

Looks √
Suv stance √
Road presence √
Interior Space √
Boot space √
Featues √
Security √
Price √
Mileage √
Power √
Highway stability √

For my kind of liking and driving, (as a person who is extracting 21kmpl for a petrol swift - you can understand what kind of a driver I am, and what kind cars I am preferring), I'll prefer brezza over scross, creta and ecosport any day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankar.balan (Post 3941726)
Aside: Here are a few pictures of the Old Grand Vitara (2007) and the new Brezza...It is a bit difficult to compare the actual sizes in these pics because unless they are side by side one can't see the differences.

But even now 2016, the interiors of the old 2007 Vitara are simply superb. Maruti has done a great job undoubtedly with the Brezza but they have really cost engineered it.
There is absolutely no comparison in quality terms between the old one and this new release!

Please note the old Vitara cannot be compared to the Brezza. Both belong to different segments. The Brezza is obviously a sub 4 meter compact UV for the masses which will fight it out with other vehicles in the B and C segment.

Suzuki has debuted the all new Vitara in Europe which is the real successor of the old one here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post3803104

I had a look at the Brezza and to be quite honest, it felt like "just another Maruti". Its the same quality build, same plastics, same buttons, same seats (seating positions and foam, fabric, etc.), and it even has the same national engine! The front seats lack under thigh support big time (for a vehicle of this size and stature) and I felt more comfortable sitting in the rear seats. The ORVM fold/unfold/rotate buttons seemed so flimsy and light that I felt my toddler's toys have switches and buttons that have better build/plastics.

It didn't excite me (as I hoped it would) and it feels like its built to a cost. It's booooorrrringgggggg! It made me go "mehhhh". I wonder why Maruti didn't put a rev happy 1.6/1.5L petrol engine in it. That would have made it a little more interesting.

One thing I definitely didn't like is this - open the rear door and while doing so, observe the top left part of door panel corner that covers the B Pillar - it vibrates and shudders as if its released itself from some sort of coercive force that was holding it shut all this time. I have my reservations about how well this car is built! It just doesn't feel like a 8L-12L car. I'd definitely put my 10L somewhere else! The Baleno looks more VFM than this car.

These are my own personal observations and opinions.

Have deliveries started for the Brezza? I saw one dual tone - gold+white - driving past me at HSR layout today morning. Looks great in sunlight and bet would be better during the night too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 3942031)
Please note the old Vitara cannot be compared to the Brezza. Both belong to different segments. The Brezza is obviously a sub 4 meter compact UV for the masses which will fight it out with other vehicles in the B and C segment.

Suzuki has debuted the all new Vitara in Europe which is the real successor of the old one here.

Actually we are talking about 3 different cars here, Grand Vitara, Vitara and Vitara Brezza. The only common word is Vitara, and that is confusing a lot of people. Vitara itself is not a successor of Grand Vitara, let alone Brezza.

Grand Vitara - Full time 4WD with available low ratio. (Made only in Japan)
Vitara - AWD without low ratio.
Vitara Brezza - FWD with high GC.

These 3 are very different animals.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pineapple_ameet (Post 3941626)
Happen to checkout the car in flesh yesterday...Looks and feels nice, but one thing that really disappointed me was that seats were 'cleverly' shrunken perhaps to make the interiors looks wider/spacious....i was really wondering if I'am the only one who felt that the seats are shrunken in brezza, or other members share the same feedback.
Because of this, i'm not sure how comfortable it will be on longer highway rides...same is the case for rear seats, because of super upright stance of the rear seats...

This is exactly what I was trying to pin point in the Brezza. While it looked spacious inside and gave the feeling of more legroom it was not really the case. For guys who are tall or have a heftier build the Brezza seats felt miniature. Everything was reduced by a notch. I got the feeling that I was a size bigger for all the seats.

Vitara Brezza bookings cross 27000, waiting period goes up to a minimum of 11 weeks.

Quote:

Variants LDi, LDi (O), ZDi and ZDi + version will now be delivered 16 weeks while VDi and VDi (O) will take 11 to 12 weeks and the top-spec ZDi + Dual Tone trim will be available after a minimum of 18 weeks waiting period of the vehicle post booking of the vehicle now.

http://www.gaadi.com/news/11-weeks-w...a-brezza-98605

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 3942249)
This is exactly what I was trying to pin point in the Brezza. While it looked spacious inside and gave the feeling of more legroom it was not really the case. For guys who are tall or have a heftier build the Brezza seats felt miniature. Everything was reduced by a notch. I got the feeling that I was a size bigger for all the seats.

Well, to each his own I guess. :thumbs up

I felt better inside the car although I'm still waiting for a test drive. My daily drive is a Wagon R and this would be for highway use mostly. This overall looks fine to me. The seats for me were comfortable, I'm 5'6" and so is my Dad and Brother, everyone else is around 5'2". I guess, it'll suit average Indian height. Rear seat leg space is good if seat is adjusted as per my height. Plastics were better than Wagon R but not as good as S-Cross. The ORVM adjustment knob somehow is easy to operate but not like the way other Maruti vehicles have. I would have preferred the joystick type of adjustment knob.

Since I've not driven it, I'll not say anything about ride. My deal will finalise if ride suits me well. As of now, S-Cross 1.3 Alpha is 2nd on spot although I know its a better car. But since I'm planning to keep this for about 5-7 years, resale might be an issue with those looks. (No offence to anyone with S-Cross as on personal level, I like the understated looks of S-Cross. ) Moreover, hardly any S-Cross here so the service center people are clueless here with many things pertaining to it. Why I'm not looking at anything else? Well I would like to answer it but only when I get to lay my hands on my second vehicle which I'm also not sure about which one it will be as yet!! stupid:

Guys confused between S Cross( DDiS320) Vs Vitara Brezza ? Here is a review comparing the two.
The winner is no-brainer though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdhrLWeoOjc

Each of us have our own preferences, priorities and likings; agree to BoneCollector’s view.

I was a die-hard fan of Renault Duster from its initial launch onwards, and was waiting for its face-lift for almost a year now. Booked the 85PS face-lift version in January even before official bookings started. I was expecting a better interior, dual SRS airbags and couple of other frills in the RXL which is almost 13 lakhs in BLR. But, I was disheartened when I got to know that one has to opt for RXz to get the dual airbag and that too for a hefty price of 14.5 lakhs on-road.

Then came Brezza. By opting the ZDI trim, you will get dual airbags, ABS, EBD, halogen projector headlamps for low beam among others. I may miss Duster’s unmatchable ride quality, epic suspensions, huge boot space, but I will get a second air bag and so many other features with a savings of 3 lakhs. When I saw Brezza in flesh, I fell in love with it. I liked its stance, the squarish shape, square wheel arches, tyre size, ground clearance, black interiors, boot space, rear seat split, rear seat folding, rear seat leg room etc (I am medium built, with a small family of wife and two kids). Did the TD, and came satisfied. Felt the response is a bit slow in low revvs, and has the engine noise is heard in the cabin.

I have done TD of Creta, S-Cross, EcoSport as well and except for S-Cross 1.6, nothing actually impressed me. The ride quality of Brezza is certainly less than Duster and S-Cross, but better than Creta and EcoSport. Finally booked a ZDI. clap: If I pay 1.25 lakhs more, I would get a 7 inch screen with reverse camera, cruise control, cooled glove box, automatic viper and headlamps, but settled with ZDI. These are my views, blame it on me alone.

I had a quick look at Brezza by visiting the showroom, after test-driving an Ecosport. Could not take a test drive as it was late evening on a Sunday. From initial impressions the following are my comments (no offense to owners of either Ecosport or Brezza).
1. Do not go for Brezza after checking out an Ecosport, you will be disappointed with the build quality.
2. The steering wheel again is a disappointment. Not as chunky as Ecosport.
3. The wheels seem to be better on the Brezza.
4. Leg space didn't seem a significant improvment over Ecosport, similar with the width. It's marginal to say the least. Front seat's under-thigh support was better in Ecosport.
5. Front view is commanding from Ecosport, not so much in Brezza.
6. Overall Brezza looks quite dainty compared to Ecosport.

Thanks.

Saleem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 3942031)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...ml#post3803104

I am fully aware of this fact.
The comparo pictures were merely intended as a point of reference.