Team-BHP - The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172904-maruti-vitara-brezza-auto-expo-2016-a-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny310c (Post 3906392)
The car looks fine, the interiors look neat, the overall package will definitely appeal to many but here is my problem with this car, there is nothing exciting about it.

Please don't get me wrong but I feel the design is just fine. Not everyone wants to drive a flashy car to get unwanted and unwarranted attention. For something to be eye catching and adventurous, we always get to see some concept cars which sadly don't see the light of the day. To keep costs low, part sharing has always been there. Maruti most of the times treads along the safe path. I'll again reiterate, don't get me wrong.

Good overview :thumbs up . I am also eagerly awaiting the detailed review.

Given that Maruti claims 98% localization, I presume the pricing will be inline with that. I hope they don't get too greedy and screw up another potential winner.

The exterior dual color treatment definitely makes it look very nice and appeals to the younger lot. I also saw pictures of Tata's Nexon and was impressed. It will be tough for all the players in this segment - I hope that the consumers are the ultimate winners with good products to choose from.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolman (Post 3906118)
As far as S-Cross is concerned - see the Toyota RAV4 (sold elsewhere) - had S-Cross had a better GC, slightly taller roof, minus the initial pricing debacle - this to me is the real CUV / crossover, the i20 Active, Live Cross etc. are just stop gap arrangements by the respective manufacturers. Just that the S-Cross had its shortcomings and the Indian market isn't ready for a proper Crossover yet!

Completely Agree with you. Market is not yet ready.

Market not ready for Crossovers is what we have been hearing since the launch of Ford Fusion in around 2004 and its really sad but harsh reality.
X-overs are often referred to as 'Neither Here Nor There', 'Pointless Cars', etc. In our market Road Presence is a very critical factor apart from VFM.

Now Official release from Maruti Suzuki -Diesel ( DDiS 200) at launch with petrol offering in the future.

Vitara Brezza meets offset and side impact crash tests that will come into force in India in 2017. It is the first vehicle in India to be certified by homologation agency, for meeting these future regulations.

Quote:

While customers in this segment prefer the powerful peppy ride offered by the diesel trim, the Company is also working on a petrol trim which will be offered in the future
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-capture.png

Source - MS Press release

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetroTurbo (Post 3906113)
So the THUD assures you of nothing but, rattle free driving (unlike MSIL). So DO NOT estimate the safety parameters of the car with the THUD Sound and YES, a well Dampened Door Panels will Pass the THUMB test we are currently doing on the MSIL cars lol:

How expensive, is the dampening process? I can only speculate and say that it isn't considering cars that retail for around INR 10L in India (read Polo, Vento, Rapid, Fabia) do have the "THUD" (may not be the same as the Mercs or the Audis but at least some form of it).

Is it that herculean to implement? I would love for a rattle free Maruti.

Six of top 10 cars sold every month in India are Marutis and here comes number 7!! They are on a roll!

I got my Swift Dampened wayback in 2008 and if I remember it costed around 8K. Got it done through one of the shops in Koramangala BLR (behind A2B on Raheja Arcade road) and lasted till 2015 without any issues. Along with damping, the guy did silicone gel sealing of all metal contact points (screws, joints, springs etc...)

The swift door looks like this; image taken from DIY : Damping the swift with yoga mats and making it rattle free and you can also refer to this thread for DIY

This was not required in i20 lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeevith (Post 3906822)
How expensive, is the dampening process?

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3906697)
Now Official release from Maruti Suzuki -Diesel ( DDiS 200) at launch with petrol offering in the future.

Good details...but what about kerb weight , front and rear track and power to weight ratio which would be interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PetroTurbo (Post 3906849)
I got my Swift Dampened wayback in 2008 and if I remember it costed around 8K. Got it done through one of the shops in Koramangala BLR (behind A2B on Raheja Arcade road) and lasted till 2015 without any issues. Along with damping, the guy did silicone gel sealing of all metal contact points (screws, joints, springs etc...)

Wow! You can even have this done on the after market!?!! Pretty sure economies of scale would permit MSIL to get it done for cheaper.

I have the S-Cross, which has a decent (but not spectacular) "thud". The Ciaz on the other hand even has a very distinct rattle coming from the somewhere around the glove box. Other bhpian owners have also raised this issue.

Off topic: I'm seriously considering dampening for the Ciaz.

Would like to hear about comparisons between the S-Cross and the Brezza (in this particular context).

Vitara Brezza info .

Training of dealers - end Feb ( dealer info)
Media Drive - First week March
Bookings - Mid Feb

Launch - March end (revealed by Mr. Kalsi at CNB Auto Expo awards)

Very good review indeed. clap: Hoping to see the test drive results. The looks, are always given importance in the initial stages and we get used to it after some time even if it is ugly (personal opinion). What matters is the performance, driving and riding comfort and of course the low maintenance cost (maruti is good for the last one for sure). That is the one that will give us VFM. We all know about how Duster scored well. The performance, driving and riding comfort is the one that makes it sell. I hope it will happen with Brezza also. The test drives results from Team-Bhp will give us that clarity. Finally pricing - Hope Maruti will understand market economics to be competitive with other SUVs :)

I am wondering why there is no official mention on the type of transmission on this? Also have not seen Maruti talking about the engine specs. Hoping to see an AMT as a surprise during the launch in March......:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkocherry (Post 3907070)
I am wondering why there is no official mention on the type of transmission on this? Also have not seen Maruti talking about the engine specs. Hoping to see an AMT as a surprise during the launch in March......:)

It was confirmed at the launch - Vitrara Brezza will be with the 1.3 DDiS, 2WD, with MT in a press release.

Name:  1.png
Views: 6344
Size:  227.5 KB
Name:  2.png
Views: 6078
Size:  111.7 KB

This car looks good. I like conservative designs and this one appeals to me. Good job Maruti. :thumbs up

Coming to engine options, 1.3 DDiS seems to be the obvious choice for MSIL. Though that's not a problem, we need more options to choose from! 1.6 DDiS would be a perfect addition. I know of many people who would love to have the 1.6 DDiS but wouldn't like to/cannot afford to buy the S-Cross 1.6(even after the price reduction). I know that sub-4m comes into play here, but still! It would be a stonker of a performer.

Very surprised that the Brezza is being launched without a petrol!:Shockked:
With emission norms getting stricter and the price gap between diesel and petrol being bridged further, I see no reason for not launching this car with a petrol, at least the K-Series 1.4L from the Ertiga. 1.0L Boosterjet would be a perfect competitor to the Ecosport 1.0L Ecoboost, both being 3-pot 1.0L turbo petrols. And this is no large bulky SUV, I am sure that there are a lot of people who would love to have a petrol variant as an option.

And I know what GTO means when he says "scratchy" plastics. The plastic quality should have been better.

And as it carries a 'Vitara' badge, I had expected AWD, to be frank. When the XA Alpha concept was first showcased, there were many rumors that this was going to be the "modern" Gypsy. Alas!

But still, its a very good product. Way to go, Maruti Suzuki!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

And kudos to GTO and Vid6639 for this awesome report! Absolutely Team-BHP quality stuff in so little time! Now, eagerly waiting for the official review.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________________

And I will say it again, this sub-4m menace needs to end!

Neel