Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2016, 12:16   #106

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
It was confirmed at the launch - Vitrara Brezza will be with the 1.3 DDiS, 2WD, with MT in a press release.

Attachment 1471518
Attachment 1471519
Thanks a lot for the clarification. Is there any chance of a diesel AMT in the near future? I am surprised that Maruti is not offering the auto option especially when there are facts that favours like 'half of TUV300 booked are auto variant'.

Was really looking forward for an auto option for personal use
Old 6th February 2016, 13:43   #107
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The man behind the Vitara Brezza

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-images.jpg

Quote:
A little over three years ago, Suzuki Motor Corporation extended a challenge to its unit Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. - develop a compact utility vehicle. The Indian R&D team came up with two options - the first was a crossover utility vehicle that drew on European designs and the second was a sub-4 metre SUV. The R&D team was in a fix over the concept and the styling of the vehicle.

Raman, 55, who made the switch to the R&D team at Maruti Suzuki in 2001, says the development of the Vitara Brezza was the most challenging project that the Delhi College of Engineering graduate has headed.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 14:58   #108
BHPian

Just had an epiphany. Now that the Brezza is launched only in diesel, isn't it a good time to launch the S-Cross in petrol and automatic?

Would serve to prevent the internal cannibalization by keeping both the S-Cross sales figures ticking and also retain / bring in petrol and automatic buyers.

EDIT: I realized I might not be the first to have posted this thought .

Last edited by Jeevith : 6th February 2016 at 15:00. Reason: Afterthought
Jeevith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 16:54   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeevith View Post
Just had an epiphany. Now that the Brezza is launched only in diesel, isn't it a good time to launch the S-Cross in petrol and automatic?
They are yet to bring in a petrol motor worthy of the SCross to India. The 1.4 K series of the Ciaz won't do. They need something better. the 1.0L BoosterJet is getting strapped onto the Baleno. How about a K12 BoosterJet. It's one helluva motor even in its current form. Maruti are you listening?
longhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 17:01   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Looks best in this Color Combo.
Looks smallest in this color combo too, may be because of the dark roof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
The car looks fine, the interiors look neat, the overall package will definitely appeal to many but here is my problem with this car, there is nothing exciting about it. Maruti, as they usually do, have played it safe. The design has nothing eye catching about it. In fact, the profile of the car just looks like a larger hatch back, with flared wheel arches, higher ground clearance and some plastic cladding to give it a butch appearance. Yes, the front end looks different from what Maruti has done in the last few years but it's not refreshing. The rear looks like the S-cross. The Kwid was more refreshing than this. The Brezza infact, just looks like a bigger Kwid..
You have to see the car in person to believe it. It looks much larger than it actually is. All resemblance to any other car reduces, if not vanishes, when you look at it.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 19:26   #111
BHPian

One question: Will it be a capable offroader/bad road handler or will be just like the rest of other pseudo SUVs which are nothing but big hatchs?
Also i was seriously expecting Gimny, there is no news on that?
Old 6th February 2016, 19:39   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Congrats, to the man behind this project.

While he is the man of the moment, I fear he was also part of the team who spoiled our good old jelly bean Zen. Will he be able to compensate by giving us the Zen back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
One question: Will it be a capable offroader/bad road handler or will be just like the rest of other pseudo SUVs which are nothing but big hatchs?
It is said to be in the modified swift platform, but with a very good ground clearance of 198mm. Not good for offroading, but bad roads won't be a problem.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 6th February 2016 at 20:06.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2016, 20:30   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
Maybe I am just expecting too much but I really wanted to see a refreshingly new design from Maruti for once, a little more adventurous, a little less familiar. Bottom line, while this might turn out to be a success for Maruti, I think this is just another missed opportunity from Maruti to show the Indian customer that they can actually dare to be different.
+ 1
Brezza as a package is definitely good and tempting. Very good look, nice interiors and a decently powered engine. But it is still not something much different from other Maruitis. Being the market leader that Maruti is, a completely new design would not have been too daring. Its not out of the box design, like the Ecosport. Maruti is still playing safe.
Old 6th February 2016, 21:17   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
I do not expect it to be any better than any pseudo SUV. It is definitely not a jimmy or a Gypsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruba_Nazira View Post
But it is still not something much different from other Maruitis. Being the market leader that Maruti is, a completely new design would not have been too daring. Its not out of the box design, like the Ecosport. Maruti is still playing safe.
For SUVs they have Gypsy and Vitara, utility vehicles- Omni, Versa and Ecco, hatches - countless, sedans- Esteem, Baleno, SX4 and Kizashi, compact sedan- Dzire, then Ertiga and a few more. Now what different could they make? We will definitely not accept their products in 25+ lacs category, will we? In given circumstances doing different is very very difficult and risky. Moreover they are market leaders, so why fix it if it ain't broken?
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 12:57   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Looks smallest in this color combo too, may be because of the dark roof.
Looks to be but the Vitara Brezza in red looks good ( both in Standard and dual tone)

Speculated to be available in standard, dual tone and Custom.

ZDI+ will offer buyers the option of a contrast roof color also buyers can choose the Maruti Vitara Brezza custom with sports a silver grille element, diamond-finished alloy wheels with body colored detailing, stripes running across the length of the car and doors and a different design for the rear skid plate and interiors.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vb.png

Vitara Brezza customized

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-yyy.jpg

Vitara Brezza launch, which was impressive.

http://indianautosblog.com/2016/02/m...po-2016-216849
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 13:55   #116
BHPian

Late to the party but a very competent compact SUV ( SUV like looks i mean) from Maruti.

One of the biggest grouses against Maruti for a long time - is that their cars are not well built ( barring the S-Cross in my opinion) and really do not care/offer too much about safety. With the Breeza - they have claimed to have passed the offset frontal impact as well as side impact tests that will come into force from 2017 - now have they released any test video or results /evaluation of this tests to prove their claim?

I hope Maruti sets the benchmark here and as Market leaders, this ( positive) trend is bound to catch up with all other manufacturers too.
The Observer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 16:36   #117
BHPian

As always excellent coverage by Teambhp, Maruti should be smiling their way to glory for they have an absolute winner in hands. Believe me, its only a couple of years before you see all those swifts and dezires outnumbered by Brezza.

Creta may be in a higher segment, but I do see a lot of potential swittches to Brezza. Mahindra TUV 300 is definitely going to face the heat, that being said TUV is definitely a good one, let down by poor choice of engines.

My hunt for the next car continues as Brezza and Scross aren't available in automatic. Hope they launch it soon, for i don't see any other potential launch this year, may have to compromise on the SUV requirement and settle for the Ameo, if VW prices the automatic sensibly.
Chillout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 17:57   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
My hunt for the next car continues as Brezza and Scross aren't available in automatic. Hope they launch it soon, for i don't see any other potential launch this year, may have to compromise on the SUV requirement and settle for the Ameo, if VW prices the automatic sensibly.
You and I are in the same boat, and I suspect there are many like us.

I've decided I want an automatic for my next car, but just cannot find the right combination and price for a vehicle I want to use 50:50 in the city and on the highway.
Old 8th February 2016, 01:26   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Design wise looks like an attempted Bentayga. Knowing Maruti this will definitely turn into a poor man's Bentayga in terms of sales.

Is this developed as primarily for India unlike some recent Marutis? Of course they might end up exporting to similar markets.
Old 8th February 2016, 10:20   #120
BHPian

Pricing will be the Key. The price of the lowest variant defines the car. I expect Maruti to keep the base price at little ove 6 lacs. like 6.2 L. subsequent price increases can be in increments of 40 - 50 K for the variants. The highest price being 10 L.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed