Team-BHP - The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/172904-maruti-vitara-brezza-auto-expo-2016-a-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillout (Post 3907904)
My hunt for the next car continues as Brezza and Scross aren't available in automatic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'estlavie (Post 3907962)
I've decided I want an automatic for my next car, but just cannot find the right combination and price for a vehicle I want to use 50:50 in the city and on the highway.

+1 to being in the same boat. I am looking at replacing my 2014 Honda City sometime this year for a diesel automatic but alas Maruti isn't listening to people like us. They already have the technology abroad on the S-Cross and so is surprising why they don't want to plonk it on the same car in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3908319)
+1 to being in the same boat. I am looking at replacing my 2014 Honda City sometime this year for a diesel automatic but alas Maruti isn't listening to people like us. They already have the technology abroad on the S-Cross and so is surprising why they don't want to plonk it on the same car in India.

Why don't you look at Vento TDi DSG , moreover the new model to come with LED headlamps and DRL's should be good option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csnanjappa (Post 3908350)
Why don't you look at Vento TDi DSG , moreover the new model to come with LED headlamps and DRL's should be good option.

Apologies for the long post, but this conversation struck a chord in me. I believe that there are many buyers like me who are interested in a Diesel AT they can use in the city and the highway equally, but who want something in the Rs 10-12 lakh range. Impossible? I don't know, but we do not have a lot of choice, although I believe this will change in the next 2 years.

I'm not an enthusiast and in fact I am probably much below average when it comes to the knowledge that people on this site have. I'm the average joe buyer who barely knows the difference between the DSG Vento and the DG of Police.

What I want is my ONE car, with high level of safety (no compromises) with a good automatic transmission (does not need to be world leading, it should be good in the city and good on the highway), and decent NVH levels that I can drive easily in the city, with a sense of solidity and comfort on the highway, with the best possible mileage I can get. I'm not a speed freak, but I care about ride quality, comfort and ground clearance. I also don't much care for the subtleties of what makes an SUV and how most vehicles in India are not SUVs as their manufacturers claim.

I can't speak for the others, but for me Rs 14 lakh plus is too much money for a car when I can get the Ford Ecosport Petrol AT for Rs 11 lakh plus (both OTR Delhi rates and without any exploration on offers). Then with the Vento comparatively lower GC, I am not sure how much it would work on our highways and in the Uttarakhand hills where I plan to go often.

Sadly- no disrespect to the people who purchased these vehicles - I came this close to purchasing either the TUV 300 or the Zest Diesel AT. But I just cannot reconcile myself to the looks of the TUV 300. The Zest is a lovely vehicle, but I - confessing this freely - am reluctant to take on the perceived ASS and long term QC issues (I am saying 'perceived' because I am not sure if it is correct or not, I am very reluctant to take that risk).

Then, when we start getting into XUV and Hyundai Creta territory (lovely vehicle), I am not sure if I want to plonk down 17 lakh plus (minimum, AFAIK, XUV AT is even more) for a car. I would if I had the money, but I don't.

So from my perspective, in an ideal world, Maruti, or Hyundai or Ford are best positioned to launch a 'small' diesel auto 'SUV like' vehicle in the 10-12 lakh range, and I wish they'd do it.

So for your requirement there is no car in market right now . But the closest one for your req is Ecosport AT but i am not sure about the mileage that would work for you.

Designing the Vitara Brezza - more insight into it from Mr.C V Raman - Maruti's Executive Director of Engineering & R&D.

A New Petrol engine in the offing - boosterjet / 1.5 l or 1.4 l?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbjhJ8vEKHg

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit.s (Post 3908661)
I saw a TUV 300 with an "Endurance" kit in the auto expo. It definitely bolstered the look of the TUV. Costs about 1.5-2 lakhs extra, if i recall correctly. Attached a few clicks.....

Thanks. It does - IMHO - give abetter look. Will need to see it in person.

This is now an available option for the TUV? Didn't realise that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csnanjappa (Post 3908644)
So for your requirement there is no car in market right now . But the closest one for your req is Ecosport AT but i am not sure about the mileage that would work for you.

Indeed. You have summed up my dilemma precisely. I will probably end up compromising, which is buy the Baleno petrol AT and stay in a 'holding pattern' for the next year or two until a vehicle emerges that approximates to what I spoke of in my precious post.

I saw the Brezza in expo today. It turned out to be much more attractive than I thought it would be. The interiors looked premium and spacious . However the boot looked smaller than I expected. Trying to visualize how it will look with a carrier on the roof ;)

Where in I understand your plight, you should again rebook at zest, it's an amazing vehicle. Yes A.S.S is a pain(perceived). Of yiu don't get the required support in case a need arises, you being from Delhi have gazillion third party service providers who will take great care of your car. How many times do we really face engine failure issues in this advanced technology world. I came so close to buying the zest, and just dropped the idea as I ended up buying the Vento as the petrol head in me is too strong.

Go for zest, it's a beautiful car, cross the bridge when you reach there, till then have fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 3908662)
Designing the Vitara Brezza - more insight into it from Mr.C V Raman - Maruti's Executive Director of Engineering & R&D...

Quite happy that Mr. Hormazd voiced his opinion on the Swift switches getting long in the tooth. I really hope he has provided his honest opinion off the record too. Probably, this might induce a thought process in the Suzuki machinery to design a new set of switches.

It's ridiculous though that Mr. CV Raman feels it's a great looking switches! I would have expected him to have a free flow conversation, it was actually not so entertaining to listen.

The Brezza looks modern, with the right dimensions, in the right segment, acceptable and proven mechanicals and backed by a company that a lot of Indians trust. This will sell and sell well!

That said it looks like a straight lift albeit a conservative one from the very successful EcoSport, though one picture with comment differentiates it hugely is the sheer solidity of the EcoSport (look below for the exact comment) which gives a ton (nearly 1.3 of it) of confidence while driving on highways and twists and with a sweet diesel motor.

One thing that has to be said, anyone looking at Brezza must try out the EcoSport for sure before jumping in because both are exactly in same league and segment and though it has been on the roads for some time, it still looks really neat and modern till date.

Quote:

Black interiors. Door has none of the EcoSport's thud. Doorpad gets a silver insert and a bottle holder + pocket. Fabric insert around the armrest too. When is Maruti going to get over the power window console of the 1st-gen Swift :

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhorn (Post 3907403)
They are yet to bring in a petrol motor worthy of the SCross to India. The 1.4 K series of the Ciaz won't do. They need something better. the 1.0L BoosterJet is getting strapped onto the Baleno. How about a K12 BoosterJet. It's one helluva motor even in its current form. Maruti are you listening?

If the 1.3 DDIS works for Brezza, S-Cross and Ciaz, pretty sure the 1.4 VVT will work as well. Granted the 1.4 is not the best motor out there (I own the Ciaz, I'm painfully aware), but how many of the 3000-5000 buyers every month are enthusiasts.

Take the ownership reviews thread, there are all but four ownership reviews for the Ciaz. You get the feeling that Maruti isn't particularly catering to bhpians.

Quote:

Originally Posted by C'estlavie (Post 3908445)
What I want is my ONE car, with high level of safety (no compromises) with a good automatic transmission (does not need to be world leading, it should be good in the city and good on the highway), and decent NVH levels that I can drive easily in the city, with a sense of solidity and comfort on the highway, with the best possible mileage I can get.

I can't speak for the others, but for me Rs 14 lakh plus is too much money for a car

Not sure whether you had considered these options too (just few thoughts from my side);

1. If you are looking for a Diesel Auto - Tata Zest AMT is the ONLY option in your preferences
2. If you are looking for Petrol Auto - You can bet on Aspire

Please take a Test Drive of these two and you can pick your choice. If you are not a Hurry, there are many romours you can wait for to become true stupid:

What does Breeza have over Ecosport. I believe Ecosport comes with a better(1.6 Ltr) engine, better interiors, better boot and a tailgate mounted spare wheel over the Breeza...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Switch (Post 3909445)
What does Breeza have over Ecosport. I believe Ecosport comes with a better(1.6 Ltr) engine, better interiors, better boot and a tailgate mounted spare wheel over the Breeza...

The Ecosport has a 1.5L TDCi engine with 100BHP. The Brezza gets a 1.3L 90BHP engine but will definitely be lighter than the Ecosport. The Ecosport is hefty at 1.2 tonnes.

This means Brezza performance should be on par and fuel efficiency will be better.

The tail mounted spare in the Ecosport was because they couldn't fit the wheel the in boot. Maruti managed to do it comfortably and the boot space is actually more usable even though lesser in volume.

Then there's the features. Maruti took all the features in the Ecosport and added them in the Brezza plus a few extras like reversing camera, smart play infotainment system with Apple car play and navigation.

The interior quality is little better in the Ecosport vs the Brezza but this cannot be a deciding factor cause the interiors in the Brezza are not really bad. Similar to the Baleno. Plus the Brezza has better front seats as well as more room at the back width + legroom.

Only thing left to see is how well the Brezza drives and Maruti is not known to mess this up.