Old 3rd February 2016, 16:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Vid6639 says that the rear seat offers more legroom & width than his EcoSport:
Attachment 1468231

Attachment 1468233
Isn't this hook behind the driver's seat a safety hazard in case of a crash?

Is there a 'folding' kind of mechanism for this hook?
blue_pulsar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:22   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
One question? What does one do with the 12v Socket in the boot? If I have to charge my tablet while having a look at it, do I need to sit inside the boot?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+do+you+use...e+car+boot+for !!!

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 3rd February 2016 at 16:23.
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:22   #18
BHPian

Vid, thanks a lot for the snaps and observations. It's the official review minus the drive
Am I the only one feeling that the black claddings on the dual-tone version and the plain version are different? The cladding on the dual-tone looks to be darker and those perforations break the monotonity; they sort of lend a rugged look.
As for the chrome on the boot lid, we have plasti-dip, don't we
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:38   #19
BHPian

It's a DAMN HOT Looker in RED and it's for sure gonna put the sales charts on fire and also the back of the competitors. Also expect MS to end up with 6 Months waiting period within 2 months of Launch

And only PIA (IMO) is the wires in Dashboard

I see a regular provision for USB and Aux below the central console, then why these wires dangling around in the lower glovebox. Seriously MS? Looks like they have not got the pulse of other car having wires dangling in the glovebox
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-2016autoexpomarutisuzukihighresimages32600x400.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2016, 16:45   #20
BHPian

Wow..was waiting for this from morning!!!
When can we expect a full fledged review of the same?

To be frank it's a brilliant strategy from MSIL to introduce this in Traditional outlets and not in NEXA. Both Baleno and newly discounted S-Cross Needs breathing space -Not that these fall in same category but with just 100 outlets they are not just equipped to take on Ecosport/Creta/Duster if they were going with Nexa. They need to flood the cars in every city. Ecosport is very famous outside Metros as well so they need the backup of good and strong dealer network.

With this launch and soon to be released refurbished Eco Sport, it looks like CRETA is gonna get some tough days ahead. Hope hyundai acts well and correct the price for this overpriced beauty. They have enjoyed huge profits margins royally for more than 6 months so its time to act smart else might get run over by MSIL.
In any case its good days ahead for consumers!!
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:46   #21
BHPian

To me, this is a design nightmare, like the Hyundai Creta. Shortened wheelbase, small wheels, a big ugly side with no flares. For such a small car, the flares for the wheel arches should start from the doors. A Kwid looks better designed than this. Pure ugly. Looks like a Skoda Fabia on stilts.

The color schemes, absolute Janakpuri design. For the dual-tone colors, the pillars should have been blackened out. The biggest problem is the wheels. The TUV, Creta, and this Brezza, ALL suffer from a very ugly design flaw: disproportionately small wheels. Yes, I can understand you want it to sell, want more fuel efficiency, but from the designer's table to the market, a lot of practicality comes into play and screws up what started off as an ambitious design. This is designed purely for sales volume. With such poor interiors and plastic quality, really don't know why they are sullying the Vitara name for a product like this.

Don't know who designed it, but looks purely Indian. If you are trying to make a cheaper version of the Evoque, it will turn out cheap looking. Like a cheaper Santa Fe is the Creta. Ugly to the core. Am sorry if someone is offended, but I just had to pour out. The earlier Grand Vitara was so perfect in every sense, and to wait so many years and be offered this, haha...big joke.
Oreen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:51   #22
BHPian

Maruti's USP has always been VFM products. Looking at the excitement if they overprice the Brezza, it will only help to increase Creta's volume!
As already pointed, our forum's attention to detail and unbiased all-round preview is simply the best out there! So a big thank you to Vid6639 for capturing comprehensive pics! If someone can take a grand video tour of the auto-expo, it would greatly help all of us!
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
One question? What does one do with the 12v Socket in the boot? If I have to charge my tablet while having a look at it, do I need to sit inside the boot?
Mobile refrigerator,Dash cam,mobile,tablet,tyre inflator etc.
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

I think conservative is the word to describe this design. They have not gone overboard with any elements, except may for that toothy grill upfront. The interiors could've had a little more jazz and the wheel well could've been smaller, I feel. Overall, a decent looking car, especially from the front.

Being a Maruti, it's sure going to give some sleepless nights to the Ecosport and the TUV.
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Mobile refrigerator,Dash cam,mobile,tablet,tyre inflator etc.
I know what a 12V socket does. My question was with its location. A mini refrigerator is understood in a proper SUV, not a mini SUV. For the remaining uses, I think it would be prudent to place it on the c pillar, so that people in the rear seats can access it easily.
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

This is a pretty ordinary generic looking car. Creta and EcoSport in my opinion are not only better looking but have more character than this one.
extreme_torque is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

My brother loved it, he will be swapping his city for the Breeza once it hits the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Isn't this hook behind the driver's seat a safety hazard in case of a crash?

Is there a 'folding' kind of mechanism for this hook?
Yes, the hook folds inside and remains out of view.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:06   #28
BHPian

Great post GTO, and impressive photos by Vid despite the obvious clamour one sees at the expos! Overall, I definitely see a winner on the hands for Maruti. A design that will offend none, and actually impress more than a few. I believe this entrant is going to kill TUV while Ecosport surely has its days numbered. The badge alone should make it a good seller! Going by the concerns people have raised with Ford customer care, especially since the launch of the new Endeavor, Ford better get their act together if they intend to survive in this segment.
With all these launches and competition, we sure are a pampered lot
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:09   #29
BHPian

Great photos. Thank you team. The drab interiors drag down an otherwise appreciable design effort (i wont say classy) on the exterior.
There is something off about the blacked out windows am not able to figure out what. Is it too thick? Not sure.
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:16   #30
BHPian

Does anybody feel that the front grill with the tooth design has a canny resemblance to the recently launched Mahindra imperio?

The interiors will look interesting with the dual tone colors I guess, otherwise its very usual.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed