Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2016, 13:29   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishmathur14 View Post
Another Maruti product which will fit itself in the segment automatically without any fuss.

You've mentioned pertinent points but its the need of the hour which the automobile companies are encashing on. Picture this, I'm looking for a second vehicle mostly for highway use but occasionally to be used in city. The roads are not wide or spaced out that I can take a proper SUV. But the road surface or planning warrants a high GC vehicle. I don't intend to any off-roading other than the obstacles I need to cross on roads. And I feel that for any off-roading, Thar etc would be a better option. I have had a lookout at most of these vehicles upto XUV territory but multiple factors, read service issues, led me away from Hyundai or Mahindra towards Maruti only. If Brezza does tick my requirement boxes, I'll go for it else S-Cross. Question of affordability doesn't always arise, but at times, sanity prevails.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th February 2016 at 02:41. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 14:08   #77
BHPian

Quote:

I don't understand the strategy, we have so many similar cars coming up with a tagging of different segment. SX4 & Brezza, what is the major difference ?
Both look like wannabe SUV's

This is the new trend which is setting up to woo people of this country, who all want to own a SUV, but looking at the costing of real front line SUV's, people who cant afford one but want one are going for "wannabe SUV" vehicles like Ecosport, Brezza, SX4, KUV100, TUV500 etc etc..

It still has a 1.3 L under the hood and not a 3.0 L to make it a hard hitting SUV.

Much of it is due to lack of understanding on what is actually required, so as per customer demand, Automobile companies are also mixing the masala into one package
Whatever the customer wants, companies will make (in this case "soft roaders"). Products should be made to customer preferences and not the other way around. Why do think this is due to a lack of understanding? The customer is happy and the company is happy who else is there to please?

Last edited by Foxbat : 4th February 2016 at 14:09.
Foxbat is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 14:39   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
With 1790mm in width, it is wider than ciaz, scross, baleno and international vitara! Won't it be too wide for city use?
Exactly my worry.
Baleno is 1740 mm wide
S-cross, Eco-sport is 1765mm wide.

I was hoping before launch that if its 1765 or less i will most certainly buy it because in my test drive of S-Cross width was alright. Now i am in dual mind, i am not sure how practical it is OR what problems this additional 25mm width can lead to if its intended to be driven mostly in city like delhi.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:41   #79
BHPian

GTO and Vid6639, excellent first post.
One question, any news if Vitara Brezza could launched with the SHVS later? In the present pics there are no such badge on any of the cars. I think introducing SHVS will undercut the prices further and it becomes a very VFM buy.
keeping my fingers crossed, hope the top end is around the 9.5-10L mark.
Old 4th February 2016, 14:43   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir View Post
May be you are right. It's just a coincidence that MS designs resemble others. But I think this coincidence occurs more often in MS cars than cars from other car makers. If you just take out that Suzuki "S" logo from the grill of Brezza then this car can easily pass for a typical SUV from Mahindra stable. The boxy structure, grill design .. overall there is some Mahindra influence in it. By the way, the hind quarter has an uncanny resemblance to Honda mobilio. Look at that black decal at the bottom of the C pillar. To an untrained eye, a Brezza may almost look like a Mobilio from the rear-side. To me, MS designs lack the novelty. Most often it just seems like some cut-and-paste job. Well. its just my opinion.
Mahindra does not have eye pleasing designs apart from XUV and Scorpio. All others are more of a eyesore.

You have to have a highly untrained eye to see a Mobilio in a Brezza IMO.

Regarding cut paste job, post by Viju have better explanation below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viju View Post
For all the negative comments on this thread, the fact is, if MSIL gets the pricing right on this one (S-Cross was one of their rare mistakes), this one is going to be a chart topper - the Swift of the C-SUVs - for many years to come. Haters can hate.

I think the styling is quite mature and restrained. Yes, there may be hints of design elements from competitor models - it is a part of bench-marking that every manufacturer does. It is a global phenomenon and not specific to MSIL cars. But the good thing is - all those elements are integrated into a neat, cohesive and proportionate design.

Not like some others who cut and paste stuff in 1:1 ratio and make hideous stuff in the name of 'design'!
sourabhzen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 14:49   #81
BHPian

Since yesterday, i have seen almost all videos of VitBre lauch on youtube. I thought i knew much about the car. However, only after reading the post of GTO, you realize how thorough and informative a walk around can be and what i had missed.
autobahnjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 16:48   #82
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Exactly my worry.
Baleno is 1740 mm wide

I was hoping before launch that if its 1765 or less i will most certainly buy it because in my test drive of S-Cross width was alright. Now i am in dual mind, i am not sure how practical it is OR what problems this additional 25mm width can lead to if its intended to be driven mostly in city like delhi.
May be it is just a matter of getting used to the width. I earlier thought that swift will be a problem in traffic, but everything was a breeze once I started using it.

But a width of 1600mm would have been better in tight parking spots, imo - though it will seriously affect the road presence.

But this look is tempting me to ignore everything...
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-screenshot_20160203220916.png  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 4th February 2016 at 17:02.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 19:39   #83
Senior - BHPian

How big is the Brezza? a XL sized swift? love the dual tone color schemes.
Old 4th February 2016, 20:26   #84
Senior - BHPian

Maruti's USP's were reliable, fuel efficient cars with decent (if not excellent) after sales & service. Their pain areas were boring designs, lack of safety features, poor build quality and ordinary looking showrooms and service centres.

Looks like Maruti Suzuki is consciously working on addressing all the pain areas one by one. With the S cross they've addressed build quality and safety features to a great extent. The Nexa showrooms have tried to be posher with mixed results so far on customer satisfaction. But I love that they are so responsive to customer feedback, unlike many other companies where you simply get no response even for breakdowns until you escalate to the owner or some other top shot.

Thank you Maruti Suzuki for being super responsive and with Brezza, I think you have taken care of complaints regarding your designs being boring and boxy and more importantly of making unsafe cars. If the Brezza is indeed compliant with frontal and offset crash tests, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Just be honest with us on that score. Don't let down our trust.
Lalvaz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 21:05   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
With 1790mm in width, it is wider than ciaz, scross, baleno and international vitara! Won't it be too wide for city use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Exactly my worry.
Baleno is 1740 mm wide

Oh, don't worry about the width. The wider the better. They need to keep the darn thing on the road don't they? The SWB Suzuki Jimny (shortened version of our Gypsy) was prone to toppling. Hope they have got the dynamics sorted out on this one. This one's got killer looks though.

Last edited by Technocrat : 6th February 2016 at 02:42. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 21:15   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Shut the Brezza's doors and there is none of that satisfying thud that the Ford gives you:
Not quoting it because the info provided here is wrong. Quoting it because the link between a door Thud and Safety is incorrect. So just adding my points here.

No Offense meant and please feel free to quote your opinions

To start with, the Door THUD sound what we all are comparing with a German/US brand cars is something which is engineered from the Design phase of the car. For further info please read through the article below

Source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...und-here-s-how

And what I understand about the cars after driving the European cars is that the, the German cars have that sound because;

1. The Metals are heavy, yes agree, but not the only factor for the THUD
2. The doors are completely dampened (Attached the Audi A4 door Panel)
3. The rubber beading on the Panel gaps are thicker and Heavier, this also contributes to the THUD

So the THUD assures you of nothing but, rattle free driving (unlike MSIL). So DO NOT estimate the safety parameters of the car with the THUD Sound and YES, a well Dampened Door Panels will Pass the THUMB test we are currently doing on the MSIL cars
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-door13.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th February 2016 at 09:15. Reason: coz > because. Please avoid using sms lingo while posting on the forums. Thanks!
PetroTurbo is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 21:19   #87
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand the strategy, we have so many similar cars coming up with a tagging of different segment. SX4 & Brezza, what is the major difference ?
Both look like wannabe SUV's
Well, a little of perspective from what I understand towards where the market is heading:
  1. People want stylish cars, be it an SUV OR a compact hatch. The regular SUVs aren't affordable by all. Enter the compact-SUV.

2. Manufacturers are trying all possible means to retain customers, even at the expense of sustained cannibalization.
    Case in point:
    • Hyundai is ok to take a hit on Elite i20 by offering the i20 Active, rather than the customers moving elsewhere for a Crossover.
    • Maruti Suzuki is ok to take a hit on Swift by offering the Baleno, rather than the customers moving elsewhere for a bigger / better hatch. Baleno makes about 10K units per month, about 3-4K is due to possible cannibalization, the rest is fresh volumes!

3. The frequency at which people change cars today has changed compared to 5 or say 10 years back. Premium hatch, Crossover, Compact-SUV - these are variants being offered to have a better portfolio to ensure repeat customers!
  • As far as S-Cross is concerned - see the Toyota RAV4 (sold elsewhere) - had S-Cross had a better GC, slightly taller roof, minus the initial pricing debacle - this to me is the real CUV / crossover, the i20 Active, Live Cross etc. are just stop gap arrangements by the respective manufacturers. Just that the S-Cross had its shortcomings and the Indian market isn't ready for a proper Crossover yet!

• The Vitara Brezza fits the bill by providing a sub-10 lakh SUV (compact) that provides the stance and looks of an SUV, while being easy on the pocket owing to the new segment it is entering into! On paper, they are offering the 89 BHP DDiS as against the regular 74 BHP DDiS - so that would be their justification. Had it not been under 4-meters, then the ask would have been for a bigger engine for sure!
Thanks,
C_
Coolman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 07:26   #88
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
3. The bag hook behind the driver seat looks nifty but could be a safety concern with kids / rear passengers not using seat belts ?
After watching this video (around the 2:10 mark) I don't think this is a concern since the coat/bag hook can be folded away when not in use.

Last edited by NPV : 5th February 2016 at 07:27.
Old 5th February 2016, 09:14   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Vitara Brezza - Official TVC

Looks best in this Color Combo.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 6833
Size:  670.7 KB

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th February 2016 at 09:29.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 09:18   #90
BHPian

The car looks fine, the interiors look neat, the overall package will definitely appeal to many but here is my problem with this car, there is nothing exciting about it. Maruti, as they usually do, have played it safe. The design has nothing eye catching about it. In fact, the profile of the car just looks like a larger hatch back, with flared wheel arches, higher ground clearance and some plastic cladding to give it a butch appearance. Yes, the front end looks different from what Maruti has done in the last few years but it's not refreshing. The rear looks like the S-cross. The Kwid was more refreshing than this. The Brezza infact, just looks like a bigger Kwid.

The interiors again, while neat, are more or less what you expect from Maruti. Maybe I am just expecting too much but I really wanted to see a refreshingly new design from Maruti for once, a little more adventurous, a little less familiar. Bottom line, while this might turn out to be a success for Maruti, I think this is just another missed opportunity from Maruti to show the Indian customer that they can actually dare to be different.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks