Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2016, 15:53   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Several dealers have reportedly started accepting bookings for the Brezza. Booking amount said is Rs 21K. More than dealers accepting bookings, it looks like customers putting down a 'deposit' in an attempt to reserve the car.

Source: IAB
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 15:55   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Only thing left to see is how well the Brezza drives and Maruti is not known to mess this up.
So when can we expect the review to be up and about?

A request to all mods/admins, do not delay it like that of Baleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Several dealers have reportedly started accepting bookings for the Brezza. Booking amount said is Rs 21K. More than dealers accepting bookings, it looks like customers putting down a 'deposit' in an attempt to reserve the car.

I had checked last week and even today, there is no official communication from MSIL to accept booking. The dealer told me that if I book, he will take the amount but will give me online booking number only when it starts getting accepted.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 9th February 2016 at 15:58.
Old 9th February 2016, 16:10   #138
BANNED

Quote:

The tail mounted spare in the Ecosport was because they couldn't fit the wheel the in boot.
A problem with the tail-mounted spare wheel in Ecosport is that even though it is sub-4m in length which is said to facilitate city use, the length of the car (with spare wheel in place) is almost the same as any C-segment sedan.
Old 9th February 2016, 17:08   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Only thing left to see is how well the Brezza drives and Maruti is not known to mess this up.
Exactly what I was thinking about.

I really love the way S-Cross rides. It soaks bumps and flattens the ride like no other Maruti.

I am hoping Brezza will have the ride quality like S-Cross. Although chances are less as Brezza is based on Swift's platform IIRC which is different from S-Cross.

What's your opinion?
Old 9th February 2016, 17:38   #140
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
Exactly what I was thinking about.

I really love the way S-Cross rides. It soaks bumps and flattens the ride like no other Maruti.

I am hoping Brezza will have the ride quality like S-Cross. Although chances are less as Brezza is based on Swift's platform IIRC which is different from S-Cross.

What's your opinion?
Moreover, the height will be a crucial factor here. With increased height than Swift, the body roll will be higher. IMO, we can't expect even the Swift ride quality.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2016, 18:31   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Moreover, the height will be a crucial factor here. With increased height than Swift, the body roll will be higher. IMO, we can't expect even the Swift ride quality.
But it's 150mm longer and 100mm wider too - shouldn't that offset the body roll to some extent?
Old 9th February 2016, 18:50   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess you meant Swift like Driving Dynamics ?
Ride Quality is most likely to be more supple than the Swift.

Body Roll also depends on Chassis design and construction. This being a ground up vehicle, really needs to be driven to understand more.
Old 9th February 2016, 19:19   #143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
But it's 150mm longer and 100mm wider too - shouldn't that offset the body roll to some extent?
To an extend, but the extra height (and the resultant higher centre of gravity) will always create issue. But hoping for a surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi10 View Post
I guess you meant Swift like Driving Dynamics ?
Ride Quality is most likely to be more supple than the Swift.

Body Roll also depends on Chassis design and construction. This being a ground up vehicle, really needs to be driven to understand more.
The terms "driving dynamics" and "ride quality" are dependent, IMO. Usually, better dynamics can lead to lesser ride quality. But Swift is an agreeable compromise between the two.

What I was saying: Brezza will be a bigger compromise than that of Swift in terms of driving dynamics and ride quality.
Old 9th February 2016, 19:36   #144
BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza - Bookings Accepted

Quote:

Yes, this is true. 100% authenticated information and happening in Chennai from Monday (8th Feb 2016)!

But senior & most experienced staff of the dealership also do not have any other additional information. They have not yet received any communication on staff training too.
Old 9th February 2016, 19:55   #145
BHPian

Vitara Brezza advertisement hoardings (Theme: Coming Soon) are up on important locations like airport, near dealerships here in Guwahati. Should serve the purpose of generating interest among folks who usually don't follow automotive related news. Good move.
OT: I feel Honda too should do it. Too little marketing is not good for a competitive market.

Among the followers but non-enthusiasts, the dual tone color scheme of Brezza has become one of the most talked about points, at least in my peer circle. And since aesthetics matter a lot to an average Indian buyer, Brezza will definitely be one of the options buyers on the lookout for a new car would like to consider if it falls in their price bracket.
Old 9th February 2016, 21:15   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
So when can we expect the review to be up and about?
This might take time because if I'm not wrong, the media drive is scheduled for end of this month.
Old 10th February 2016, 13:05   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Several dealers have reportedly started accepting bookings for the Brezza. Booking amount said is Rs 21K.
These are dealer specific and not authorized by Maruti Suzuki. The booking will not be done in the name of Vitara Brezza but some other existing car and will get converted once the official booking is announced.

Training schedules have been announced in staggered schedules. Starts 3 week of February. ( 23rd is a batch for sure)

Source: Dealer info
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 13:12   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnagpur View Post
. . .

What's your opinion?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
  1. Right, the Brezza is slightly longer, wider, and the wheelbase is a little more than the Swift, almost Baleno-ish!

2. Also, when compared with the Ecosport and the TUV300, this is the shortest in terms of height!
  3. Maruti Suzuki hasn't had the best of suspensions for a long time. With the S-Cross and the Baleno, they have improved in this area as well! If they can do a similar job on the Brezza's suspensions, that should be adding up too!
Hopefully all of these contribute in a fair manner to keep the body roll under check!

Not sure, if the lesser aero-dynamic design and the higher Ground Clearance work in favour of increasing the body roll though!

Thanks,
C_
Old 10th February 2016, 22:31   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolman View Post
[list=1][*]Right, the Brezza is slightly longer, wider, and the wheelbase is a little more than the Swift, almost Baleno-ish!

[*]Also, when compared with the Ecosport and the TUV300, this is the shortest in terms of height!
Wow, talk about similar thoughts. I was going through this thread with interest last week when discussions turned towards comparison of the sub-4m "SUV"s I got interested and the idea came up of compiling a comparo of them in pictures. Probably this will help give an idea as to how the Brezza will look in comparison to the competition.
Click on the image to open in a new window. I've considered the dimensions in cm. For eg. the guide for 3995mm was drawn at 39.95cm. I'm willing to stand corrected if this way of comparing is incorrect.

The TUV towers over all the others, even over the Creta, probably due to it's height. I've included Creta due to it's popularity. The Creta, even though it's 271mm longer than the Ecosport, doesn't look that long, at least in the picture.
All the pictures are from various websites and approximations vis-a-vis the angle at which the snaps were taken is ignored.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-comparo.jpg
rav11stars is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 10:34   #150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rav11stars View Post
I got interested and the idea came up of compiling a comparo of them in pictures.
Good comparison, but the image used is that of the international Vitara, not the Indian Brezza.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks