Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2016, 23:16   #211
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildInstincts View Post
Yes, according to my dealer Breeza will have the SHVS variant similar to that of Ciaz. I have made the pre booking.
But Autocar thinks otherwise. Check THIS link out - "The car will be powered by Maruti’s 1.3-litre 89bhp DDiS diesel motor from the Ertiga and Ciaz, though it will not get SHVS technology."

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 18th February 2016 at 11:59. Reason: Corrected the OP.
avdhesh15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 00:02   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avdhesh15 View Post
But Autocar thinks otherwise. Check THIS link out - "The car will be powered by Maruti’s 1.3-litre 89bhp DDiS diesel motor from the Ertiga and Ciaz, though it will not get SHVS technology."
Thanks. May be my dealer was not well informed. I am okay with or without SHVS. SHVS is still a new technology and the benefits are yet to be seen in the long time, so I wont be worried too much if it is not provided in Breeza.
Old 18th February 2016, 11:40   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Even I'm in the same boat. Would like to wait for the Petrol mill as my usage won't be more than 7-8k a month. But I doubt if it will be launched before Diwali as the Boosterjet in Baleno is scheduled for festive season launch and it is being suspected that Boosterjet will also make it into the VB as well. Having said that the diesel devil in me (owned and drove Verna CRDI, Scorpio, etc., in the past) is making me to rethink. Tooooo confusing situation...!!!
First of all i would like to thank you for the VB images you sourced much before the official launch. It was like a trailer launch and it was great to be part of few lucky people to see it first.

Regarding Noise level of Diesel Engine. I have a perspective which is purely personal. Most people may not be able to identify with my feelings and may have to take next few lines with a pinch of salt.

Here it goes,

Just imagine you are driving alone on a long winding road where you know for next 20 odd kms there will be no traffic.

You turn off the music, drive on and just listen to the sound of silence.

I think to some it may be kind of magical, to few it is like meditation.
mountaineer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 11:58   #214
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post

Just imagine you are driving alone on a long winding road where you know for next 20 odd kms there will be no traffic.

You turn off the music, drive on and just listen to the sound of silence.

I think to some it may be kind of magical, to few it is like meditation.
For me, it's not the silence, but the vrooming sound of the engine with all other sounds insulated is the magical one. The more you rev, the more should be the sound! You can sense your adrenaline pumping up.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 13:05   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
@Lalvaz & @swiftnfurious :
Thanks for your support and insight. I am sure i will be able to change my mind after TD. Actually all my driving till date is only on Petrol Engines so i think i may take some time to change my attitude and driving sense to get adjusted.
I totally understand, I had driven only petrol cars earlier, and I had the exact same perceptions around pickup, noise, vibration levels, and maintenance costs as you. I was very sceptical of the new age Multijets and CRDi engines too. However, I took a few lengthy test drives of the Fiat Punto, Maruti Swift, I20 CRDi, Tata Vista & Ford Figo and it did not take too long to realize that many of my perceptions were wrong.

Today's diesel cars are very different from old world diesel engines. The Maruti cars running Multijets are even quieter than the Punto's even though they they share the same engine. Its been over 5 years since I bought my Swift diesel and after 85k kms, I still love the sheer drivability. The car pulls cleanly from standstill and can keep pottering around at very low speeds in 2nd gear in city traffic with little or no accelerator inputs, and yet, the same car can do triple digit speeds with ease especially once the turbo kicks in post 2k RPM. Its a gem of an engine, believe me.

Mileage is excellent, with it giving me over 17kmpl in city driving. Maintenance and Noise & Vibration levels are indeed on the higher side as compared to petrol cars, with batteries costing nearly twice as much, and engine oil changes being pricey too, but on the whole, its very good value for money, and I'm pleased with the switch to diesel.

Please do a lengthy test drive on the regular roads you drive on, and see for yourself if this car is suitable or not. All the best.
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2016, 14:23   #216
Distinguished - BHPian

Some comments by Mr CV Raman, executive director of engineering and R&D, MSIL, and chief engineer of the Vitara Brezza project to Autocar.
  • Main challenge was to balance rear space and boot space while maintaining the <4 constraint.
  • Overall design goal to create a 'wow' effect on the road
  • First vehicle in India to be tested and homologated for offset crash and side-impact, ahead of regulatory requirements that will kick in from 2017.
  • The base variant gets a driver-side airbag as standard, and comes with an optional upgrade for a passenger-side airbag as well as ABS.
  • Maruti wants to ensure that the petrol engine they choose for the Vitara Brezza complements the car and the market perfectly. They want to maintain the image as a sporty car.
  • No plans of an AMT as that will not go with the image of this car. But AT definitely under consideration.

Note: I think this is an Auto Expo Video presented again as an article. So may been posted here at launch time.

Source: ACI

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 18th February 2016 at 14:27.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 09:43   #217
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (who prefers to remain anonymous) for sending in these images! Heartfelt gratitude for sharing them with other enthusiasts.

The more I look at the pictures, the more I think this looks like the Skoda Fabia on stilts. For a ground up and fresh design, there is nothing about the car that really excites and indicates that it is a 2016 release.
Old 19th February 2016, 10:57   #218
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
The more I look at the pictures, the more I think this looks like the Skoda Fabia on stilts. For a ground up and fresh design, there is nothing about the car that really excites and indicates that it is a 2016 release.
To each, his own. IMO, this Vitara Brezza looks better as an SUV than the international Vitara.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1455347520_marutisuzukivitarabrezza.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-rearof2015suzukivitara.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th February 2016 at 11:20.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 11:29   #219
BHPian

Is the Vitara brezza 5 or 7 seater?
Old 19th February 2016, 11:31   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallionAmit View Post
Is the Vitara brezza 5 or 7 seater?
It is strictly a 5 seater.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 11:45   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
I totally understand, I had driven only petrol cars earlier, and I had the exact same perceptions around pickup, noise, vibration levels, and maintenance costs as you. I was very sceptical of the new age Multijets and CRDi engines too. However, I took a few lengthy test drives of the Fiat Punto, Maruti Swift, I20 CRDi, Tata Vista & Ford Figo and it did not take too long to realize that many of my perceptions were wrong.
Please do a lengthy test drive on the regular roads you drive on, and see for yourself if this car is suitable or not. All the best.

Thanks for your feedback, I found you post to be very honest and it will go a long way in making me more confident to go for a Diesel Engine.

As you suggested i will surely do a lengthy Drive of VB and then decide.

I will be looking forward to get more concrete support from TBHPians on owning,running and living with Diesel Engine in future.
Old 19th February 2016, 18:58   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
To each, his own. IMO, this Vitara Brezza looks better as an SUV than the international Vitara.
I thought Suzuki could've launched the International Vitara here to compete directly against the likes of Creta, Duster but then realized that already S-Cross is doing that duty.

How good it would've been if they had launched the Vitara instead of S-Cross, since the main disadvantage of S-Cross is its looks in which Vitara excels?
Old 19th February 2016, 19:21   #223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Normally MSIL gives analog gauges for both fuel and temperature and it looks like those are digital here.
Looks like a direct pick of the design elements from a Panda. Please check below pic on the panda instrument console with similar circular edged design queues.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-2013_fiat_panda_4x4_70_1920x1080.jpg  

sriramr9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 20:00   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcoolguy View Post
I thought Suzuki could've launched the International Vitara here to compete directly against the likes of Creta, Duster but then realized that already S-Cross is doing that duty.

How good it would've been if they had launched the Vitara instead of S-Cross, since the main disadvantage of S-Cross is its looks in which Vitara excels?

Agree completely. Even now they can launch the international vitara here, and can position it along with scross - at least in the 1.6L ddis category.
Old 20th February 2016, 10:23   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Agree completely. Even now they can launch the international vitara here, and can position it along with scross - at least in the 1.6L ddis category.

That would mean total death and final nail in the coffin for S-Cross which is not doing great as of now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks