Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:20   #241
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine_charan View Post
They should also added the SVHS to diesel as they did to CIAZ.
Probably MSIL is saving this for the facelift version.
Old 23rd February 2016, 15:51   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
Probably MSIL is saving this for the facelift version.
The more i am reading such posts i am getting a feeling if it will be worth to wait for face lift version/wait for booster jet petrol/wait for AWD etc,etc.

But then i rationalise, why should i flock such a feeling even before i have seen the car in flesh and have not experienced a TD. I should better hold my horses and reserve my thoughts.

Maybe i get bowled over the first time i behold the VB. I hope so.
Old 23rd February 2016, 19:05   #243
BHPian

Gosh! Why did the change the signature grill? The Chrome grill looks hideous. They should have saved this for upgrades later.
DWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:02   #244
BHPian

Is this hideous chrome grill gonna be a standard fitment or an add-on? Seriously considering this car (petrol) but not with that grill. No way.
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:23   #245
BHPian

Hideous? Sireously? The chrome bar on the Grille is quite in line with the recent face-lift of the Dzire and the Erica. Infact on the VB it looks even better, imparting the vehicle with a bold and sturdy look seen head-on.
Old 24th February 2016, 02:55   #246
BHPian

The grill looks the same from the first page images vis-à-vis the images shared a couple of pages ago. It is probably the lights that are making the chrome stand out more in recent images. Either which way that grill looks butch and the chrome enhances the stance of the vehicle. My opinion though, of course people can have their out opinions.
Waiting for a TD and price announcement. This one fits everything in my check list, especially in that dual tone yellow color. That is what I am eyeing to buy if all goes well.
Old 24th February 2016, 08:30   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
The more i am reading such posts i am getting a feeling if it will be worth to wait for face lift version/wait for booster jet petrol/wait for AWD etc,etc.
If your commute doesn't justify a diesel, be patient and await the petrol variant. It is almost leaning to that the 1.0L boosterjet will be the petrol engine narrowed down for S Cross and Vitara Brezza. (already confirmed for Baleno RS)

The petrol engine will come in S Cross first and later in VB, so timing could be a concern , if you are in a hurry to get the Vitara Brezza.

Last edited by volkman10 : 24th February 2016 at 08:37.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 10:37   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
If your commute doesn't justify a diesel, be patient and await the petrol variant. It is almost leaning to that the 1.0L boosterjet will be the petrol engine narrowed down for S Cross and Vitara Brezza. (already confirmed for Baleno RS)

The petrol engine will come in S Cross first and later in VB, so timing could be a concern , if you are in a hurry to get the Vitara Brezza.
My present car is 6+ Years old(Model Jul 2009) and i have clocked 100k Km already so please suggest if i can qualify for a Diesel car. But if there is no Petrol Model of VB available how can we do a comparison based on mileage and ownership cost. I am getting confused now.

I had planned to replace my car at 75k Km but till date not been able to decide and this is not the first time i am getting eager and impatient at the same time.
Have been through these alleys before

I can wait at max for 3 more months and by June'16 i promise to ride a new car, be it VB/Duster/Ecosport.
Old 24th February 2016, 11:09   #249
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaineer View Post
My present car is 6+ Years old(Model Jul 2009) and i have clocked 100k Km already so please suggest if i can qualify for a Diesel car.
That means your monthly drive is around 1400 KMs. Hm... Interesting situation.

Assume:

i. A cost-saving of Rs 1/- per KM for Diesel (really rough estimate)
ii. You will keep the car for 6 years
iii. The price difference between Petrol and Diesel model is Rs 1 lakh.

Your break-even will happen at the end of 6 years. That means you are on the fence between the 2 - but as you need a car by June, you can go ahead with the Diesel, IMO.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 11:49   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
That means your monthly drive is around 1400 KMs. Hm... Interesting situation.

Assume:

i. A cost-saving of Rs 1/- per KM for Diesel (really rough estimate)
ii. You will keep the car for 6 years
iii. The price difference between Petrol and Diesel model is Rs 1 lakh.

Your break-even will happen at the end of 6 years. That means you are on the fence between the 2 - but as you need a car by June, you can go ahead with the Diesel, IMO.
You missed out on 2 more points :-

1. Higher diesel residual value.
2. The mental satisfaction of lower fuel bills each and every time.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 12:08   #251
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
You missed out on 2 more points :-

1. Higher diesel residual value.
2. The mental satisfaction of lower fuel bills each and every time.
The higher residual value of diesel cars will be offset by the additional amount you will be spending for maintenance and insurance, the interest you could have earned if the extra 1lakh is deposited in bank, and those extra KMs you may be driving just because it is diesel. So, removed it to make the maths simple.

Yes, there is a mental satisfaction seeing lower fuel bills, but the same satisfaction - though not as regular as this one - is there seeing lower maintenance and insurance bills, an fd in the bank, seeing no black smoke from the exhaust while revving hard, and the regular threat of banning diesel vehicles older than 'x' years in your city.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 24th February 2016 at 12:09.
romeomidhun is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 12:48   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFuel View Post
The grill looks the same from the first page images vis-à-vis the images shared a couple of pages ago. It is probably the lights that are making the chrome stand out more in recent images.
Right man, I had a second look at the images from Auto expo and the chrome grill looks the same. Its just that in the pics of the silver car, the clam shell grill design is not visible, which is making the front look ugly (to me).

I am very happy with the looks of the car they showcased at the expo.
Old 25th February 2016, 11:55   #253
BANNED

The following version of this car will be a good thing for the Indian conditions, and will be a good alternative to the 7 / 5+2 seater MUV/SUV vehicles like Ertiga, Innova, Scorpio and XUV:

i. Length: 4.5m
ii. 7-seater
iii. 120BHP 1.6 petrol and diesel engines
iv. Priced in the 8 - 12 lakhs range

Also, if Maruti don't want to refresh Gypsy, they can bring a rough-road package with the following:

i. Length: 4m
ii. An increased ground clearance of 240mm
iii. Bigger tyres
iv. Tail gate mounted spare wheel
v. Bonnet scoop
vi. Sun roof
vii. Bull-bars (?)
viii. 1.6L Petrol and Diesel engines with SHVS to avail tax exemption
ix. Priced in the 7-10L range

Last edited by romeomidhun : 25th February 2016 at 12:23.
Old 25th February 2016, 12:12   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The higher residual value of diesel cars will be offset by the additional amount you will be spending for maintenance and insurance, the interest you could have earned if the extra 1lakh is deposited in bank, and those extra KMs you may be driving just because it is diesel. So, removed it to make the maths simple.

Yes, there is a mental satisfaction seeing lower fuel bills, but the same satisfaction - though not as regular as this one - is there seeing lower maintenance and insurance bills, an fd in the bank, seeing no black smoke from the exhaust while revving hard, and the regular threat of banning diesel vehicles older than 'x' years in your city.
+1 and add to that the proposed reduction of lifespan of diesel cars to 10 years as opposed to current 15 years is another setback. The NGT proposal is currently for NCR but will definitely cover other cities in coming years.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 22:10   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

ET Auto seems to have got a confirmation that the launch will be on March 21st.

Quote:
Vitara Brezza, the upcoming compact SUV from the house of India's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch on March 21, a source close to the development, informed ETAuto. Vitara Brezza is expected to compete with the likes of Ford EcoSport and Mahindra TUV300.

Source: ETAuto
Closed Thread

Most Viewed