Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 11:01   #286
BANNED

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish_kochi View Post
However, from the pictures of Brezza i have found it lesser appealing than Baleno. Also my monthly running would not exceed 300-350km.
With this kind of running per month, there is no point in going for a Diesel model. Stick to Baleno Petrol. But don't cancel the booking until the Baleno is about to get delivered - if the Brezza is launched with a Petrol model by that time, you can try that.

And another thing - you don't know whether you will fall in love with Brezza when you see her in flesh. If so, buy Brezza only. You need to buy the car which connects to your mind than the brain, IMO.
Old 4th March 2016, 11:33   #287
BHPian

Quote:
dear friends,

I am in a buyer's dilemma.
I have booked a baleno petrol alpha on Jan10th. They have ensured a delivery by April 2016.

However, from the pictures of Brezza i have found it lesser appealing than Baleno. Also my monthly running would not exceed 300-350km. So wouldn't a petrol car would meet the purpose?
Hi Krish. To start with, going by the current waiting period of Baleno, i doubt the dealer will be able to honor your delivery by April, so you have sufficient time to decide. In any case, as the Vitara Brezza is about to be launched next week, you can safely check the car in flesh and see whether you like it or not before taking a final decision. Also, you can TD the car and evaluate the features in all variants.

Different strokes for different folks. As they say, different things appeal to each one of us. Some one would want a particular car and can compromise on creature comforts by choosing a lower variant to fit their budget, whereas others would want a fully loaded variant within their budget. I would advise evaluate properly and buy that car & variant which appeals to you most and makes you feel happy when you sit inside. Personally i feel, with your kind of monthly running, a petrol car would make more practical sense that a diesel one.

Hope this helps.
Old 4th March 2016, 11:41   #288
BHPian

Quote:
I am in a buyer's dilemma.
Since you have done the smart thing and booked both the cars, I would recommend you wait till you see, sit in and drive both cars.

I feel that for purchasing cars, the touch and feel experience would be much more valuable - don't go on pictures as everyone's perception is different and a lot of times pictures don't do justice to the actual thing. I mean it's not like buying a laptop or mobile.

Anyway less than a week to go till the launch... rather 4 days. So hang on!

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 4th March 2016 at 11:42.
Old 4th March 2016, 11:49   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more pics, including a roofless Brezza . Spied during TVC Shoot

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-bre1.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-bre2.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-bre3.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-bre4.jpg

Interesting to see permanent plates and that too both KA and MH. Are these dummy plates for the ad's? gaadi says they will be driving the car on the 11th of March.

Source: gaadi

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 4th March 2016 at 11:53.
Rajeevraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 13:44   #290

Thank you swiftnfurious,avdhesh15, viv_cal and romeomidhun for your replies and guidance.

Absolutely going with you guys about the getting real "touch and feel" experience of Brezza.
However, I strongly feel that budget and the features as required by me will play spoilsport with choosing brezza. Also, even if a petrol brezza getting materialised, suspect whether it would yield the fuel efficiency what baleno can with its near to zero-gravity weight.
The TD in new baleno was absolutely ok with hardly any complaints.
Ok..the wait is on for the new brezza.
Old 4th March 2016, 13:51   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post

Interesting to see permanent plates and that too both KA and MH. Are these dummy plates for the ad's? gaadi says they will be driving the car on the 11th of March.

Source: gaadi
The KA number plate is fake! It's actually the registration of some poor guy who owns a Baleno registered in November.

This is clearly illegal and I am shocked that Maruti and their ad agency would resort to such illegalities to shoot the video!

I would be curious to find out Maruti's response to this...
Old 4th March 2016, 14:01   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

The 'national engine' in Vitara Brezza!

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-untitled.png

source- carblogindia
Old 4th March 2016, 14:04   #293
BHPian

The media drive is happening after the launch it seems. To quote from the same article from where the photos are taken:
Quote:
We will be driving the Brezza on 11th March and will bring you our extensive review of the SUV soon
The article also says SHVS will be there. Is it a ploy by MS to keep prices low considering it would now be a hybrid? However I think the article might be wrong as there are no SHVS badges on the cars despite them being ZDI+ versions.
Quote:
Top end Brezza will come with a long list of features including SHVS (smart hybrid vehicle system), keyless entry and start-stop, climate control, touch screen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay etc

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 4th March 2016 at 14:07.
avdhesh15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 14:20   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
The KA number plate is fake! It's actually the registration of some poor guy who owns a Baleno registered in November.

This is clearly illegal and I am shocked that Maruti and their ad agency would resort to such illegalities to shoot the video!

True!! If we could get this guy and sue MSIL, he can be a millionaire (err...may not be that much with Indian law). But this is illegal to the core !!!
Old 4th March 2016, 14:34   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
True!! If we could get this guy and sue MSIL, he can be a millionaire (err...may not be that much with Indian law). But this is illegal to the core !!!
Quote:

Actually if you dig deep you can find the person to whom the number is really registered is actually a person associated with Maruti Suzuki India ltd. I believe this person might be actually one of the person's who is doing or associated with this shoot. He would have anticipated these legal issues and hence would have used his personal number itself.
Old 4th March 2016, 16:00   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
Actually if you dig deep you can find the person to whom the number is really registered is actually a person associated with Maruti Suzuki India ltd. I believe this person might be actually one of the person's who is doing or associated with this shoot. He would have anticipated these legal issues and hence would have used his personal number itself.
It doesn't matter who the number belongs to because the number is registered to a different car with different VIN details. What Maruti and the ad agency are doing are clearly illegal. They should be running the cars on temporary registration and insurance. Photo and video editing software can easily remove the registration number later.
Old 4th March 2016, 16:07   #297
BHPian

Quote:
It doesn't matter who the number belongs to because the number is registered to a different car with different VIN details. What Maruti and the ad agency are doing are clearly illegal. They should be running the cars on temporary registration and insurance. Photo and video editing software can easily remove the registration number later.
Others also do it - check out THIS post. The number on the HEXA is MH-02-D-xxxx which is incorrect. There are 2 alphabets in the middle alphabet, e.g. my Dzire is MH-02-DG-xxxx and City is MH-02-DJ-xxxx.

By the way, the Vahan SMS shows the MH-12-JC-3590 registered in the name of Maruti Suzuki and the vehicle is a Swift VXI Petrol! The KA-05-MS-3400 seems to be a personal car registered in a personal name. The car is a 1.2 Zeta Baleno Petrol. Also, the car is on finance from SBI!

Don't know the rules around this so don't know whether to laugh or cry. Till then I will use both my emoticons -->

Last edited by avdhesh15 : 4th March 2016 at 16:22.
Old 4th March 2016, 16:24   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Absolutely going with you guys about the getting real "touch and feel" experience of Brezza.
Stick with the Baleno especially since your running doesn't have the need for a diesel.

Secondly, after sitting in the Brezza for a long while, I can tell you that the Baleno interiors feel a tad better. There's not much but the instrument console and the climate controls look more stylish than the Brezza.

The petrol Baleno is also quite fun to drive and that K12 engine is a sweet revv happy motor. Plus the handling of the Baleno will not be a match for the Brezza just by the taller stance.

Rear space also is really good in the Brezza but the Baleno has even more in terms of legroom as well as width.

The biggest advantage of the Brezza is the DDiS200 90PS engine and the taller stance for wandering little bit off the road thanks to the extra ground clearance.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 16:41   #299

Thank you vid6639.

Absolutely spot on! Since you had a tangible experience with both the cars, I blindly gulp your opinion, especially about the interiors of these cars.

In my opinion Baleno's interior arrangement is very attractive. It's quite ironical that the top-end variant's instrument console with touchscreen/smartplay system is actually lesser appealing than that of zeta's and delta's console with LED screen audio system.

Regarding the room space - normally all of us (I mean the regualr passengers including me) are not so tall hence wouldn't mind about the room space.
Also, the off-road experience may happen only as a once a life-time experience . So not much worried. Having said this, ground clearance is a big factor for the roads here in Kerala, especially driving the car in the rural roads after monsoon definitely would turn out as an "off road" experience
Old 4th March 2016, 16:54   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Secondly, after sitting in the Brezza for a long while, I can tell you that the Baleno interiors feel a tad better. There's not much but the instrument console and the climate controls look more stylish than the Brezza.
So we can expect the review some time sooner?

Can you please tell me as to where to plonk my money - Brezza or S-Cross 1.3 Alpha? I've already pre-booked Brezza.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks