Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 19:15   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownThinker View Post

That being said, the pricing is perfect to under cut the Creta to a very large extent. The top-end diesel Creta is 17.5L on-road in Bangalore. I foresee a lot of Creta customers moving to the Brezza.
I don't see many Creta customers moving away. Creta is from a segment above in terms of many parameters like Space (4.3 meters), Engines (1.6 128PS!), road presence, equipment etc. It is a case in point how a well executed all-rounder succeeded against established players like Duster (which is a superb product by the way) and strong offerings like Scross.

The products that i feel may get affected are the TUV and EcoSport, as they are it's direct competitors. Both brands have their loyalists and their redeeming points.The TUV's strength is it's butch looks while the EcoSport has a stellar engine.

For me, the Brezza does not excite in both Looks and Engines department (My personal opinion, pls do not brick bat me). However, The area where it scores a home run is after sales, low cost of ownership and reliability. That is it's redeeming factor.
abhishek46 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:18   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
I feel Brezza is in the catergory of Baleno, and more appropriate comparison is with Baleno. Brezza is Same length. Wider by 2inch & Taller by 6 inches.

But, Baleno price varies from 6.21L - 8.16L (ex-delhi). I feel Maruti got Baleno pricing right.

Looking at Baleno price, Brezza perhaps is priced atleast 50-70K more than what makes it a value proposition.

And I agree... S-Cross is a better buy.
There are other differences as well,
Baleno is 75Bhp and Brezza is 90Bhp(DDIS 200 - Same as S-Cross)
Also. Brezza comes with bigger tyres, 199mm ground clearance, weighs almost equal to S-Cross, Cruise control etc. I think the price difference with baleno makes sense.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:24   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
What is there in ZDi+ to make it 1L costlier than ZDi? The dual tone, anyway, is on top of the ZDi+ version!
Smartplay Infotainment System with Navigation & Voice Commands
2 Tweeters
Electrically Foldable ORVMs with Turn Indicators
Front Sliding Armrest
Height Adjustable Front Seat Belts
Push Button Start
Cruise Control
Auto Headlamps
Auto Wipers
viv_cal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:27   #409
BHPian

Vitara Brezza Variant Comparison.
  • Features common across all variants
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza-1-common.jpg

• Safety Options among lower variants {L, L(O), V, V(O)}
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza-2-safety-options.jpg

• LDi vs VDi
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza-3-ldi-vs-vdi.jpg

• VDi (O) vs ZDi
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza-5-vdi-o-vs-zdi.jpg

• ZDi vs ZDi +
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza-6-zdi-vs-zdiplus.jpg

• Color Options
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza-7-color-options.jpg

Also attached the Excel sheet used for the purpose. People who are looking at more customization for variant comparison can use that.

Note:
  • All prices ex-showroom Delhi.
  • Dual Color options (limited colors) cost 14,000/- more than ZDi+ variant.
  • Variant wise features taken from Maruti Suzuki website on Brezza page.
  • In case of any errors, please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Vitara Brezza - Variant Comparison.xlsx (39.0 KB, 1037 views)
mrbaddy is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:32   #410
RSR
Senior - BHPian

For those complaining about the pricing, just compare the Vitara Brezza's prices with those of the Ertiga (same engine) in your city, and you'll see the difference.

The Ertiga ZDi+ variant costs ~ 9.74 lacs ex-showroom in Chennai, while the Vitara Brezza ZDi+ (single tone) costs ~ 9.79 lacs.

The Ertiga LDi costs ~ 8.02 lacs ex-showroom in Chennai. Going by the pricing of the ZDi+ variants, one would expect the LDi variant to cost ~ 8.07 lacs, correct? It actually costs only ~ 7.23 lacs! One actually gets a Brezza VDi for slightly less than the price of an Ertiga LDi. It's a similar story with the other variants.

I don't see how the prices are less-than-competitive. Frankly, one can't expect the moon in terms of pricing at every new car launch.
RSR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:44   #411
BHPian

It's likely to be just my personal preference but I am struggling to see a substantial difference between the LDi(O) and the VDi(O).

The safety features are the same except for an anti theft security system, and reverse parking sensors (this can be purchased later).

Two areas I see a difference is central locking -4 door for LDI(O), 5 doors for the VDi(O). Although I confess I'm not sure what it means.

And the LDI(O) does not have rear power windows, which could be my deal breaker.

Apart from that, other differences seem to be minor- in my opinion of course.
Old 8th March 2016, 19:47   #412
BHPian

Maruti has played very safe with the pricing and the pricing is not on higher or lower side. If they have priced it little lower, all S-cross and Baleno customers will be moving to Vitara Brezza (At this price point also, a section of crowd will be definitely moving to Brezza).

I am planning to buy S-Cross next year and I will wait for the detailed reviews of Brezza and decide which one to choose. Maruti has definitely a winner on their hand and it should sell in very good numbers.
Old 8th March 2016, 19:55   #413
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
I'm thinking the same way after a cursory evaluation of the options on the Brezza website.

However, the absence of one feature makes me pause and look at the next level (the ZDI) for now- 60:40 folding rear seats. I need to decide whether this feature justifies my paying the extra Rs 80,000. Probably not.

Also I pray this car's NVH levels are better than that of the S Cross. I'll be so disappointed if that isn't the case.
If you ask me it is not worth it. But then it depends on your usage. Also if you really want it, then perhaps you can order the rear seat of the higher variant and still save some cash. I guess it should be plug and play.
Old 8th March 2016, 20:39   #414
BHPian

Agree zdi and zdi+ are loaded with lots of bells and whistles but mid variants (vdi, delta) of other maruti cars like dzire, baleno etc have more features compared to the vdi and vdi(o) of brezza IMO.
Old 8th March 2016, 20:57   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
What is there in ZDi+ to make it 1L costlier than ZDi? The dual tone, anyway, is on top of the ZDi+ version!
Quote:
Originally Posted by viv_cal View Post
Smartplay Infotainment System with Navigation & Voice Commands
2 Tweeters
Electrically Foldable ORVMs with Turn Indicators
Front Sliding Armrest
Height Adjustable Front Seat Belts
Push Button Start
Cruise Control
Auto Headlamps
Auto Wipers
+1 to that list

Reverse parking camera

But 1 lac premium is on the higher side, probably 75k would have been good VFM
Old 8th March 2016, 21:04   #416
BHPian

Quote:
It's likely to be just my personal preference but I am struggling to see a substantial difference between the LDi(O) and the VDi(O).
=========
I agree. Not much difference at all. The question is would you pay close to 1L for the rear power windows?
Old 8th March 2016, 21:05   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
I feel Brezza is in the catergory of Baleno, and more appropriate comparison is with Baleno. Brezza is Same length. Wider by 2inch & Taller by 6 inches.

But, Baleno price varies from 6.21L - 8.16L (ex-delhi). I feel Maruti got Baleno pricing right.

Looking at Baleno price, Brezza perhaps is priced atleast 50-70K more than what makes it a value proposition.

And I agree... S-Cross is a better buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
There are other differences as well,
Baleno is 75Bhp and Brezza is 90Bhp(DDIS 200 - Same as S-Cross)
Also. Brezza comes with bigger tyres, 199mm ground clearance, weighs almost equal to S-Cross, Cruise control etc. I think the price difference with baleno makes sense.
The SUV siblings are generally priced higher than the hatchback/sedan siblings

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 8th March 2016 at 21:32.
Old 8th March 2016, 21:25   #418

I appreciate the safety initiative of Maruti where every model has safety features as optional. But look forward to a day where all Maruti cars have safety features in built not optional.

Just curious to know the build quality of the vehicle in terms of safety and kerb weight? Wondering why the kerb weight is not mentioned in most of the brochures nowadays
Old 8th March 2016, 21:37   #419
BHPian

Quote:

The safety features are the same except for an anti theft security system, and reverse parking sensors (this can be purchased later).

Two areas I see a difference is central locking -4 door for LDI(O), 5 doors for the VDi(O). Although I confess I'm not sure what it means.

And the LDI(O) does not have rear power windows, which could be my deal breaker.

The central locking missing for the 5th door (boot) would mean using the tail gate release from the drivers seat or using the key to unlock.

Added to it Body colored handle,ORVMS,Roof rails, wheel caps, the blackened A-B-C pillars, door armrests, 7 step illumination, Driver side glass with UP and anti pinch, upper glove box, co driver side vanity mirror, back pockets on front seats, gear shift indicator and electric backdoor release.

These certainly are a lot of things what one might miss on from LDI to VDI.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 21:57   #420
BHPian

I'm looking at replacing my 10 years old Getz with a small car. Mostly to be city driven in Bangalore with occasional trips to Kerala. I was considering Baleno and Grand i10. This launch is making it complicated.

I'm still not sure which version of Baleno should I be comparing with VB LDi (O). ABS and Airbags are a must for me. Don't care about other creature comforts in this car other than a decent Air conditioning.

The high GC of this car and would be useful in Bangalore roads
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks