Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 22:07   #421
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakthishanmugam View Post
Just curious to know the build quality of the vehicle in terms of safety and kerb weight? Wondering why the kerb weight is not mentioned in most of the brochures nowadays
Its 1170-1195 Kgs, mentioned in the brochure as well.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-16.jpg

For more details, refer to the below post,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3927656
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 22:17   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
The central locking missing for the 5th door (boot) would mean using the tail gate release from the drivers seat or using the key to unlock.
Thanks for the explanation hansali_hardik, this was very useful.

In terms of the features you mentioned:

Quote:
central locking missing for the 5th door (boot)
Not important to me

Quote:
Body colored handle,
Not important to me

Quote:
ORVMS,
Not very important to me

Quote:
Roof rails,
Not important to me, as I am not comfortable carrying stuff on the roof anyway. never done it.

Quote:
wheel caps, the blackened A-B-C pillars,
Not important to me.

Quote:
door armrests,
Not sure if important to me. Probably not.

Quote:
7 step illumination,
I had to look this up- it seems to mean different illumination levels for the indicators. if so, not important to me

Quote:
Driver side glass with UP and anti pinch,
I don't know what the above means, but it doesn't sound like a big deal.

Quote:
upper glove box,
Seems inconvenient to not have, but not a deal breaker.

Quote:
co driver side vanity mirror, back pockets on front seats,
Not important to me.

Quote:
gear shift indicator
Not sure what this is- Does this mean some indicator that displays the gear one is in?

Quote:
and electric backdoor release.
Not important to me.

If the above are all that is different between the LDi(O) and the VDi(O), then the LDi(O) seems to make sense for me.
Old 8th March 2016, 22:19   #423
BHPian

It is interesting to take note of Tread in Vitara Brezza. The front and rear track is 1530 mm for LDi & VDi variants , where as it is 1505 mm for ZDi variant . The wider track is meant for 205/60R16 tyre which will go with LDi & VDi variants , where as tread 1505 mm is for wider 215/60R16 tyre.

Last edited by koushik : 8th March 2016 at 22:21.
koushik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 22:20   #424
BHPian

Excellent pricing across the variant lineup.

Where does that leave S-Cross DDiS 200? It's variants are priced at a larger difference as mentioned before. The market is slowly moving towards the smaller SUV's like these.

Maruti should have kept the pricing of ZDi+ across India <10 lacs as this will attract a 4% tax from new fiscal after the budget announcement.
Old 8th March 2016, 22:25   #425
Team-BHP Support

I just thought it would be interesting to compare all the DDiS200 cars that Maruti has, the Vitara Brezza, Ciaz, Ertiga and S-cross.

The Vitara Brezza slots in between the Ertiga and Ciaz. The Ertiga is approximately 30K lesser than the Vitara Brezza. The Ciaz is around 50K more than the Brezza and the S-cross is 1 lakh more than the Brezza.

The Brezza is the smallest vs the Ertiga, S-cross, Ciaz and gets the sub 4m tax benefit as well.

In isolation, the Brezza is priced really well especially vs the Ecosport which has been through several price revisions. The Brezza is priced close to what the Ecosport was when it was launched.

But when you compare it to the Ertiga, Ciaz and S-cross it actually seems priced higher. For 30K lesser the Ertiga gives you similar features but you get a 7 seater with way more flexibility. The Ciaz is a full sized sedan for just 50K more. The S-cross for a lakh more feels far more premium and has way more features as well like leather seats, rear disc brakes, xenon lights. It's also a full sized crossover.

What this basically means is Maruti is cashing in on the styling and the craze of compact SUV's.

While the Ecosport is priced higher by 60-70K, it still has a few extras like 6 airbags, leather seats and the very very solid build.

On a side note, it's amazing that in 2016 we see a new launch from Maruti using the same engine which became a super hit in the Swift exactly 10 years back in 2006 when Maruti introduced the Swift Diesel with the 1.3 DDIS.
Vid6639 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 22:40   #426
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I just thought it would be interesting to compare all the DDiS200 cars that Maruti has, the Vitara Brezza, Ciaz, Ertiga and S-cross.

The Vitara Brezza slots in between the Ertiga and Ciaz. The Ertiga is approximately 30K lesser than the Vitara Brezza. The Ciaz is around 50K more than the Brezza and the S-cross is 1 lakh more than the Brezza.

The Brezza is the smallest vs the Ertiga, S-cross, Ciaz and gets the sub 4m tax benefit as well.
Something wrong with the data here.

Ertiga diesel is costlier than brezza.

In delhi, considering base diesel models, brezza is 1.2L cheaper than scross and ciaz diesels, and 60k cheaper than ertiga.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 8th March 2016 at 22:47.
Old 8th March 2016, 22:53   #427
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Something wrong with the data here.

Ertiga diesel is costlier than brezza.

In delhi, considering base models, brezza is 1.2L cheaper than scross and ciaz diesels, and 60k cheaper than ertiga.
These are the Ertiga prices I got from Maruti website:

Ertiga prices (ex-showroom Delhi):
LDI : 758831
LDI (O) :765783
VDI: 829306
ZDI: 885546
ZDI+: 928363

The Brezza prices:
LDi - Rs. 6.99 lakh
LDi (O) - Rs. 7.12 lakh
VDi - Rs. 7.62 lakh
VDi (O) - Rs. 7.75 lakh
ZDi - Rs. 8.55 lakh
ZDi+ - Rs. 9.54 lakh
ZDi+ (dual tone) - Rs. 9.68 lakh

I compared the ZDI+ of both variants as they are similar in features. The Brezza ZDI loses a lot more features vs the Ertiga ZDI.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 23:02   #428
BHPian

Prices updated in Maruti website for all cities.

I had tried to capture ex-showroom for some of the major cities.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-brezza-prices-city.jpg
mrbaddy is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 23:10   #429
BANNED

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 10th March 2016 at 08:30.
Suvo_Petrolhead is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th March 2016, 00:44   #430
BHPian

Quote:
I compared the ZDI+ of both variants as they are similar in features. The Brezza ZDI loses a lot more features vs the Ertiga ZDI.
Taking Vid's posts further, I'm listing below feature wise comparison between Brezza & Ertiga.

Engine Specs are same as both are running in 90 bhp tune. I'll focus more on features comparison below from the official brochures on Maruti website.

Brezza ZDi+: 9,54,000/-
Ertiga ZDi+: 9,28,263/-
* ex-showroom Delhi
  • Features that are available on both
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1-brezza-vs-ertiga-same-features.jpg

• Features that I think are available on both or with slight variation
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-2-brezza-vs-ertiga-slight-variations.jpg

• Advantage Brezza
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-3-brezza-vs-ertiga-adv-brezza.jpg

• Advantage Ertiga
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-4-brezza-vs-ertiga-adv-ertiga.jpg

• Below are the features that are mostly looks or small comfort enhancers. Look- under Ertiga should be read as not in Ertiga and Look+ means otherwise. As these are trivial, I didn't bother much reviewing in detail on these.
    The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-5-brezza-v-ertiga-personal-choice.jpg

Note: I could be wrong in making slight assumptions during my analysis while comparing both the brochures. Ex of an assumption made: Rear Demister on Brezza is equated to Rear Defogger on Ertiga.

If I'm wrong at certain places, please let me know.
I'll try to do similar comparo for Brezza ZDi+ with S Cross 200 Zeta tomorrow and post the same.
mrbaddy is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 00:56   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
Excellent pricing across the variant lineup.

Where does that leave S-Cross DDiS 200? It's variants are priced at a larger difference as mentioned before. The market is slowly moving towards the smaller SUV's like these.

Maruti should have kept the pricing of ZDi+ across India <10 lacs as this will attract a 4% tax from new fiscal after the budget announcement.
4% is based on engine displacement and vehicle length. Luxury Tax of 1% though will apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaddy View Post
Prices updated in Maruti website for all cities.

I had tried to capture ex-showroom for some of the major cities.

Attachment 1484016
Prices in Goa not much different to Delhi. Wonderful. Allows preference of Zdi over Vdi(o).

@ Suvo_Petrolhead : Its not sold through NEXA. If u ask NEXA guys they will lure you into an S-Cross. The NEXA dealer was open till 9:15 pm ?? Here they start winding up at 6 pm.

Last edited by GTO : 10th March 2016 at 08:32. Reason: Quoted post deleted
Old 9th March 2016, 01:37   #432
BHPian

Has anyone noticed that the user interface of the SmartPlay infotainment system of Brezza is a bit different than others? While the homescreen has 4 main options in 2x2 grid in Ciaz, S Cross, Baleno, Ertiga but the Brezza shows 3 options in 3x1 grid.
Source: Pictures and features posted in the Brezza official homepage.
Old 9th March 2016, 05:05   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Official release announcing the arrival of Vitara Brezza!

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-capture.png
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-2.png
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-3.png
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-4.png
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-5.png
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 08:33   #434
BHPian

Quote:

In isolation, the Brezza is priced really well especially vs the Ecosport which has been through several price revisions. The Brezza is priced close to what the Ecosport was when it was launched.

But when you compare it to the Ertiga, Ciaz and S-cross it actually seems priced higher. For 30K lesser the Ertiga gives you similar features but you get a 7 seater with way more flexibility. The Ciaz is a full sized sedan for just 50K more. The S-cross for a lakh more feels far more premium and has way more features as well like leather seats, rear disc brakes, xenon lights. It's also a full sized crossover.
Completely agree with you. I felt the same, when looked in isolation looks value for money (especially when comapared to ecosport). But when i compared chennai prices the difference between Brezza Zdi+ and S cross 1.3 Zeta is a mere 5000 Rs, not to forget the discounts you'll get for S cross. The S cross Zeta will be way cheaper. You can actually get a much better car, considering S Cross Zeta is fairly loaded with features.
Looks are definitively subjective. At least from the pictures I feel Ecosport looks better. It's hard to beat Ecosport in looks department in my opinion. The side angle of brezza looks good, but when viewed from straight, I get an Alto(ish) feel. Have to have a look in person though.
Old 9th March 2016, 09:09   #435
Senior - BHPian

The pricing is as expected. One cannot say its too high or very aggressive, right in the middle and with room for further increase. Looks like MSIL is very confident about the product. And why should they not be? It looks very good, is kitted very well and comes in a body style which everyone is running after these days.

Interesting to see what's the volume that MSIL has planned for the Brezza. Its just a case of selling as much as they make. There was a full page advt on Hindu' first page today and the Brezza looks very attractive in the Blazing Red + Black shade.

I would have loved to see 6 airbags in the ZDi+ though. That's where EcoSport has a big advantage when you compare the Brezza with the Titanium+ of the Ford.

And very eager to drive one. If this one is anyway near the big brother S-Cross in ride and handling, I will be very pleased.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed