Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 12:04   #451
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Comparison between the sub 4 mtr SUVs

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-comparo.jpg

Prices mentioned are ex showroom Delhi

1. The Ecosport is the most powerful with 100 PS.
2. The TUV has the best torque figures spread across a wider band width and is available at a lower RPM than the other 2, but will not have an impact due to TUVs weight.
3. TUV has the biggest tank capacity @ 60 ltrs followed by Ecosport and VB.
4. Incidentally the VB with the least tank capacity will have the highest range due to higher KMPL figures than the other 2.
5. Ecosport is the longest, while the TUV is the widest and tallest, and has the best wheel base of 2680 MM. TUV is also the heaviest with > 1.5 tonnes
6. TUV has the biggest boot with most flexibility and VB has the least
7. TUV offers 5 + 2 seat configuration giving added versatility. This is the best design in terms of space utilization and management.
8. VB has wider tyres than Ecosport and matches TUV. The TUV rides on 15 inchers for all variants while the other 2 offer 16 inch wheels. But TUV has the best side wall config @ 161.25 MM
9. VB has the best turning radius @ 5.2 mtrs
10. The Ecosport is the one with petrol options, a 1.5 ltr naturally aspirated engine and a 1 Ltr turbo charged Ecoboost engine
11. The Ecosport is offered in a petrol AT version with DCT transmission while the TUV is offered in diesel AMT avatar. The VB misses out on both petrol and AT options
Karthik Chandra is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 12:08   #452
Senior - BHPian

What is the current booking amount for the brezza. Also, apart from speculation, did some one get a firm delivery date ?
Old 9th March 2016, 12:09   #453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
Has anyone noticed that the user interface of the SmartPlay infotainment system of Brezza is a bit different than others? While the homescreen has 4 main options in 2x2 grid in Ciaz, S Cross, Baleno, Ertiga but the Brezza shows 3 options in 3x1 grid.
Source: Pictures and features posted in the Brezza official homepage.

That 3x1 grid interface might be Mirrorlink screen, I believe the default home screen is still the 4x4 (note the one in top shot of the interior on the official site, screengrab attached).

VB checks out in all the departments except for one for me, and it's the absence of an automatic variant I believe there's no official word about when it'll be introduced or whether it'll be introduced at all as is in the case of S-Cross (no auto yet).

Does somebody have the inner scoop on the schedule of any AMT/AT/CVT variants?
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-screen-shot-20160309-12.04.22-pm.png  

Old 9th March 2016, 12:09   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Thanks for the explanation ha....

If the above are all that is different between the LDi(O) and the VDi(O), then the LDi(O) seems to make sense for me.
Well, in that case do go ahead with LDI(O) these little things that I mentioned might be totally not your requirements for a car, but they are good to have. If your perspective is just the safety aspect, then LDI(O) makes more sense. Also, while your are at it, please have a look at both the variants in person I'm sure that'll help you pick the better one.

PS: I would love to pick the LDI(O) and get the alloys and ICE. But I'm sure getting the drl's and projector headlamps might be a little tricky. Added to it the warranty part makes me sceptical. I'm confused to go with VDI (o) or ZDI
Old 9th March 2016, 12:10   #455
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm now being pressurized by my SA on my option and am going back and forth - earlier I thought it would be the VDi(O) but now I'm confused between the LDi(O) or VDi(O).

After I reserved my vehicle yesterday the SA is on my case asking me to make a choice as he has to write down my details.

Suggestions would be welcome!

The LDi(O) has all the safety options of even the topmost variant, so that's covered. What's missing in the LDi(O) are rear seat electric roll up/ down windows, rear door electric closure (is manual), plus some other features.
If you ask me it is worth going for the VDI(O). The subtle differences in features do make the VDI worth it.
You may not deem these features as an absolute necessity but over the years you will appreciate these small yet significant features and they do add to the overall ownership experience.
You might be able to get half of them installed after-market, but factory fit and finish is really something else.
Old 9th March 2016, 12:17   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Considering the long list of products that Maruti has in their protfolio, it’s not going to be easy anymore for them while pricing their products. Obviously, there will be overlaps even with segment above or below. But the main factor that they would have considered is the market's interest towards SUV'ish look.
So, it doesn't make much sense to compare Brezza pricing with Ertiga. After all, both feeds different requirements.

And on a side note, what a turnaround for Ertiga! During Ertiga launch many felt "why 2 lakhs more than Swift when it just offers a extra bench", "its under powered", "it’s just a bigger hatch" etc. Now, it’s being considered as one of the most VFM car and compared with different segments of car. Obviously it has a strong market support.
Old 9th March 2016, 12:34   #457
BHPian

Thanks guys. I had booked Vdi(o). Now changing it to zdi.
Old 9th March 2016, 12:35   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Guys, still can't make up my mind over which variant to book.

Choosing between Vdi(o) and zdi.

Can you please suggest. The difference being auto ac, rear wash wipe, defogger, alloys and led head lamps.

Worth the 80 grand difference?
You can get the features you've mentioned as after market accessories, but you factory fit will go for a toss, also there are more features

You get the following in ZDi over VDi (o) along with what you've mentioned above, though they are comfort/fancy features

# 5 preset mood lights in speedo meter
# Steering mounted controls for Audio & Telephony
# Height adjustable driver seat
# Passenger side vanity lamp
# Rear arm rest with cup holders
# Concealed seat tray under passenger seat
# Sun glass holder
# Dual side operable parcel tray
# Outside temperature display
# Projector headlamps
# Front fog lamps
# Boot, glove box and front foot well illumination
# Visual appeal - Silver skid plate instead of black, gun metal grey roof rail instead of black

The 80K premium is definitely worth it . IMO, given a choice I would prefer the features as stock by paying the 80K premium over VDi (o)

Happy shopping
Karthik Chandra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 12:39   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Thanks guys. I had booked Vdi(o). Now changing it to zdi.
OH great , the ZDi is worth the incremental premium. I just submitted my post and noticed yours.

Congratulations on your booking.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 12:40   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
What is the current booking amount for the brezza. Also, apart from speculation, did some one get a firm delivery date ?
I went ahead with the booking today at Pratham motors Bangalore for the ZDI+ Dual tone variant. Booking amount is 21,000/-
Booking amount is also fully reimbursible if cancelled within a week of the Dealer getting stock of vehicles.

The SA has mentioned a waiting period of 8 - 10 weeks for the ZDI+ variant. I saw that they had a list of different waiting periods to be mentioned against different variants of the VB.

He did mentioned that they will start getting stock of vehicles by month end and they will start with deliveries as and when they get the stock. Waiting period mentioned in the Customer Docket is just indicative is what I heard from him.

On the features front, does anybody have any idea about the IRVM's in the Brezza ? I see no mention of either Day/Night IRVM's or auto dimming IRVM's. Could not make out much in the photos from the Expo either. Anybody have any idea on this ?
ashbhat2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 12:40   #461
BHPian

Did anyone notice different alloy design on zdi + and zdi + dual tone? They appear different in my humble opinion but worth the extra cash. Booking amount is 21000 and delivery by end march. Heavy booking in Gurgaon as far as I know and expect similar in other areas.
Old 9th March 2016, 12:41   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I find the Ertiga middle and rear seats very cramped, and the roof seems to 'press down' giving an effect of lack of space.
Not really even if you use the 3rd row. The leg space reduces only when the 3rd row is in use or if you have folded down the 3rd row. However, with 2nd row pulled all the way back (and 3rd row upright but not in use), the leg space is more than just adequate.

And then, the sliding and recline feature in the 2nd Row is indeed something any backseatdriver would love!

Here is the picture for comparison:

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-partially-pulled-back.jpg

Quote:
and the roof seems to 'press down' giving an effect of lack of space..
6 Feet, well (More than that) Built gentleman on the 2nd Row, sitting with the back standard (non-reclined) position. The cabin is roomy and I myself have sat in the 2nd row and I am 6' 3" and felt the headroom is not something to complain about and nor it is cramped and you sit higher than the front seats too.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-6-feet-tall.jpg

Quote:
What use are 7 seats to me then, when I'm not too fond of 5 of these (middle and back).
Ertiga is never a 7 seater. It is a Flexi 5+2 Seater and yes, as an owner after driving for more than 85,000 kms now, I have forgotten the number of times I have made use of the 3rd row to seat adults for short trips on a highway and drops within the city.

With a 5 Seater, I may have had to hire another Cab. This is exactly the reason why I picked the Ertiga and glad that it has come to rescue during may occasions when we were 7 of us. I myself don't recommend Ertiga is one needs a car with an all time 7 seater with boot space.

I have never had a look at the Brezza in flesh and hence woud not comment on the space. At the same time, someone who wants to buy a 5 seater will stick to a 5 seater than look for a 7 seater (or even 5+2).

This post of mine is only to share my views on the points that you have raised. Essentially, this was to refer about the VFM factors that the Ertiga gives you for the price.

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th March 2016 at 13:00.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 12:56   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingGuru View Post
High GC maybe, but its eventually a Hatch. You'd get proper Compact Sedans with better features at the same price in the market
Proper compact sedans??? compact sedans by body style are improper sedans.

Jokes apart. Which other compact sedan do you suggest which offers better features than say VB ZDi + @ Rs. 9.54 Lacs?

Quote:
'Brand' won't take things too far since competition is catching up really fast. Just a few months from now will be the Tata Nexon entering the market
Competition for MSIL??? where? who? for the record, the Nexon now has a huge barrier, it had a chance may be with the Ecosport but against VB, it will struggle due to perceived notions on brand TATA

Quote:
If Maruti wants to protect its market share, it better start going for sane pricing. As it is taxes have increased & moreover cars are becoming more of a hassle than a statement
Who is challenging MSIL's market share for the company to protect it? It is one company across various industries which is not complacent even with 45% market share and the second best competitor @ 18%

Quote:
Generally I never write off a product at an early stage, but here I don't see it holding much value even against Ertiga.
You bet, MUV vs SUV, its the SUV that'll win given the current fascination for the SUV body style
Karthik Chandra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 12:58   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Well, in that case do go ahead with LDI(O) these little things that I mentioned might be totally not your requirements for a car, but they are good to have. If your perspective is just the safety aspect, then LDI(O) makes more sense. Also, while your are at it, please have a look at both the variants in person I'm sure that'll help you pick the better one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
If you ask me it is worth going for the VDI(O). The subtle differences in features do make the VDI worth it.
I've decided to go with the VDi(O). My reasoning being somewhat similar to that outlined by you gents, ie may as well have these features for longer term comfort.
Old 9th March 2016, 13:15   #465
BANNED

Quote:
I don't find it VFM unless someone is very very impressed with the looks.

High GC maybe, but its eventually a Hatch. You'd get proper Compact Sedans with better features at the same price in the market.

I don't see any big deal with most products with the 1.3mjd. Parts are not hard to come by for all of the major brands and post warranty service / repairs can even be at any large 'branded' garages or FNG.

'Brand' won't take things too far since competition is catching up really fast. Just a few months from now will be the Tata Nexon entering the market.

If Maruti wants to protect its market share, it better start going for sane pricing. As it is taxes have increased & moreover cars are becoming more of a hassle than a statement.

Generally I never write off a product at an early stage, but here I don't see it holding much value even against Ertiga.
I don't think there is a future for this kind of prejudice against any car in India - especially from Maruti or Hyundai. Instead of trying all ways to defame it, just listen to the common man here.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks