Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 13:20   #466
Senior - BHPian

I am at loss of words when I see Brezza is being compared with Ertiga. I mean seriously can one do that.
But I get the answer when I see it being referred to as Breeze or Breeza, so after all its just a car and not a style statement as Maruti would have liked it to be.
Why is AMT only Petrol variant not announced, that would've resulted in few thousand bookings at the launch day itself.
carwatcher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 13:47   #467

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Brezza as such does not have best in class boot space. This should have compelled them to give a 40:60 rear fold seat for all variants. Surprised this is not available even in Vdi when even a Celerio has it on the Vdi.

I would have also preferred an all leather seat on the Zdi+ instead of auto headlamps and auto rain sensing wipers. Don't really know how these will be really helpful day to day. I would not risk scratching the windshield keeping the auto rain sensor on. I generally wait for the glass to be cleaned naturally by the rain for a minute before putting the wipers on
Old 9th March 2016, 13:48   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
...............This post of mine is only to share my views on the points that you have raised. Essentially, this was to refer about the VFM factors that the Ertiga gives you for the price.
Cheers. I don't wish to be argumentative- after all we learn from one another- so apart from saying I respect your opinion and experience, I'd also say thanks for sharing your perspective on the Ertiga.
Old 9th March 2016, 14:02   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
For those complaining about the pricing, just compare the Vitara Brezza's prices with those of the Ertiga (same engine) in your city, and you'll see the difference.

The Ertiga ZDi+ variant costs ~ 9.74 lacs ex-showroom in Chennai, while the Vitara Brezza ZDi+ (single tone) costs ~ 9.79 lacs.

The Ertiga LDi costs ~ 8.02 lacs ex-showroom in Chennai. Going by the pricing of the ZDi+ variants, one would expect the LDi variant to cost ~ 8.07 lacs, correct? It actually costs only ~ 7.23 lacs! One actually gets a Brezza VDi for slightly less than the price of an Ertiga LDi. It's a similar story with the other variants.

I don't see how the prices are less-than-competitive. Frankly, one can't expect the moon in terms of pricing at every new car launch.
Shall we reverse your argument to see if the logic holds up?

The Ertiga LDI costs 8.02 lacs while the Brezza LDI costs 7.23 lakhs. The Ertiga ZDI+ costs 9.74 lakhs. Going by the pricing of Ertiga , the Brezza ZDI+ should cost 8.95 lacs. But it costs a whopping 9.76 lakhs !!! So, Brezza is highly overpriced, from this view point.
ashlil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 14:07   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
I went ahead with the booking today at Pratham motors Bangalore for the ZDI+ Dual tone variant. Booking amount is 21,000/-
Congratulations. I hope you will be a proud owner soon.
Did you get on-road price estimate from the Dealer?
RoadSurfer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 14:14   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadSurfer View Post
Congratulations. I hope you will be a proud owner soon.
Did you get on-road price estimate from the Dealer?
Thank you. I'm excited already and can't wait to get my hands on the VB.

The dealers did not have the On road price list with them yet. I'm still going by the Ex-showroom price mentioned for Bangalore @ 9.95L for the ZDI+ on the MSIL website.
If the Ex-Showroom stays below 10 as mentioned, On road should be around the 12 - 12.5 mark I feel.
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 14:29   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
I've decided to go with the VDi(O). My reasoning being somewhat similar to that outlined by you gents, ie may as well have these features for longer term comfort.
Congrats on that and I hope you will appreciate them once you have a hands on! Where have you booked your car and when are they gonna deliver it to you? Also, what color are you going for?
Old 9th March 2016, 14:32   #473
BHPian

Booked the VB+

The Sales guy told me I am among the first three in Booking queue.
He also mentioned that waiting period will be 10 weeks.

I wonder, You book a car even before you see it and then have to wait for 10 weeks.

I feel inventory planning of Maruti is not very good.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160309wa0010.jpg  

Old 9th March 2016, 14:40   #474
BHPian

Booked zdi+ as planned. Dual color option is not to everyone's liking. White and silver are evergreen colors acceptable and easiest to maintain.
hondacity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 14:46   #475
BHPian

The Vitara Brezza official brochure

Brezza Brochure.pdf
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 14:49   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlil View Post
Shall we reverse your argument to see if the logic holds up?

The Ertiga LDI costs 8.02 lacs while the Brezza LDI costs 7.23 lakhs. The Ertiga ZDI+ costs 9.74 lakhs. Going by the pricing of Ertiga , the Brezza ZDI+ should cost 8.95 lacs. But it costs a whopping 9.76 lakhs !!! So, Brezza is highly overpriced, from this view point.
One thing I couldn't get though. Brezza seems to weigh 1590Kg. Far more than even Ertiga (1235kg), which is slightly longer and taller. Same engine!

So, what is causing 350kg more weight?!

Personally, I won't buy a non-automatic as my next car. Pain to drive in city traffic...
Old 9th March 2016, 14:54   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine_charan View Post
Autocarindia has posted review on Vitara Brezza. Also, posting pictures from the Website

Source : Autocarindia
URL : http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-400680.aspx/0

What about the 3 packages which were going to be offered ? Glamour, Sporty and I forgot the name of the 3rd one.

The picture of the car with those alloy wheels, stripes etc is going to cost how much and the details for the same?
Old 9th March 2016, 14:59   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
One thing I couldn't get though. Brezza seems to weigh 1590Kg. Far more than even Ertiga (1235kg), which is slightly longer and taller. Same engine!

So, what is causing 350kg more weight?!
brezza's kerb weight is 1170~1190.
the 1590 kilos that you are talking about is the gross weight.
Kerb weight of Ertiga diesel is 1235~1265 kg
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2016, 15:02   #479
Senior - BHPian

Brezza weighs 1180 Kg and Baleno weigh Under 900 Kg. Why such a big difference (almost 300 Kg)?
Old 9th March 2016, 15:05   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Congrats on that and I hope you will appreciate them once you have a hands on! Where have you booked your car and when are they gonna deliver it to you? Also, what color are you going for?
Thanks. I have booked the silver- not my first choice, but the wife likes that colour so that's the end of that discussion.

Delivery times I hope to find out by end of day today.

I have booked with Rana Motors in Safdurjung Enclave Delhi. So far the SA has been quite responsive....so far.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks