Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 12:57   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebi View Post
Checked with a Bangalore dealer and they told the the demo / test drive vehicle will be available only by 25th March or 5th April.
In Bangalore,
Display car will be available on 21st @ Kalyani / Bimal Motors and on 28th at RNS motors
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 13:13   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
In Bangalore,
Display car will be available on 21st @ Kalyani / Bimal Motors and on 28th at RNS motors
To Add to that, I also heard from Pratham motors that the Display and Test drive vehicles will be available from 21st onwards and the delivery vehicles should follow from a week after that.
Old 17th March 2016, 13:51   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I might repent the decision to skip the purchase of S-Cross Zeta limited edition
Dude, trust me. Forget Brezza and go for S-Cross - with the extended budget to have a lifelong extended smile (Devilish Grin) on your face. Recently I hired a S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 4 Wheel drive and oh boy, it's awesome

Enjoyed driving it everybit for 2100 KMs for 3 days and we never felt tired. I drove non-stop for 7 Hrs and no pain and tiredness. I have not got hands behind the wheels of Brezza, but based the initial drive reviews and on my experiences over the cars in India I would rate it among the comfortness levels of Civics and Corollas
PetroTurbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 14:28   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
Dude, trust me. Forget Brezza and go for S-Cross - with the extended budget to have a lifelong extended smile (Devilish Grin) on your face. Recently I hired a S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 4 Wheel drive and oh boy, it's awesome

Enjoyed driving it everybit for 2100 KMs for 3 days and we never felt tired. I drove non-stop for 7 Hrs and no pain and tiredness. I have not got hands behind the wheels of Brezza, but based the initial drive reviews and on my experiences over the cars in India I would rate it among the comfortness levels of Civics and Corollas
For a moment there, I was confused - S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 4 Wheel drive in India!
Then I read the next line - "drove non-stop for 7 Hrs and no pain and tiredness", then I realized no way you could have achieved that with the roads/traffic in India
r0nit7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 15:31   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
You will repent if the car doesn't give the expected mileage.
You will repent if the car couldn't be serviced within a reason time.
You will repent if the car couldn't be serviced in a reasonable budget.
You will repent if the parts start falling off.
You will repent if the car doesn't fetch enough resale value.

Now,

You won't repent if the build quality is slightly on the lower side.
You won't repent if the ride is slightly on the stiffer side.
You won't repent if the boot space is slightly on the smaller side.
You won't repent if there is a bit of turbo lag.
You won't repent if you see the components are in common with another car.
Preferences differ from person to person. To many the options will be just opposite. So, one should act according to his/her needs.
Dhruba_Nazira is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 15:39   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nit7 View Post
For a moment there, I was confused - S-Cross 1.6 DDiS 4 Wheel drive in India!
Then I read the next line - "drove non-stop for 7 Hrs and no pain and tiredness", then I realized no way you could have achieved that with the roads/traffic in India
Sorry, it was in Germany

Mods, can you please edit the previous post with a note (in Germany) if possible
Old 17th March 2016, 17:05   #727
BHPian

So finally went ahead with my ZDi booking. This time I saw the car in daylight. The interiors were pretty acceptable specially with the seat covers on. Everything looked functional. The booking period told is already 6-8 weeks. Will take the final call after the test drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josebi View Post
Question to kvsingh13..Is the Brezza available in any showrooms in Delhi. Checked with a Bangalore dealer and they told the the demo / test drive vehicle will be available only by 25th March or 5th April.
It's available at all the showrooms in Noida. Infact Vipul at Sector 63 had 2 on display. ZDI+ Dual Color and VDi whose pics I have posted. Also I had called up Competent guys in Gazipur area and they too had ZDi+ on display.

Last edited by Zappo : 17th March 2016 at 17:46. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 17th March 2016, 17:12   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post

Could you explain the "devilish grin" part more, what is it so much exiting about the S-Cross 1.6 that makes you say that?
Old 17th March 2016, 17:25   #729
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhruba_Nazira View Post
Preferences differ from person to person. To many the options will be just opposite.
All those which I mentioned in "wont repent" section (eg: build quality, ride quality, boot space, turbo lag, parts sharing) can be easily found out during a test drive. If you find them in the negative side during test drive, why you buy it and then repent? Otherwise, if you find it satisfactory, go and buy it, and you don't need to repent as you were already aware of those areas.

On the contrary, all those which I mentioned in "will repent" section may not be identified during a test drive.
Old 17th March 2016, 17:33   #730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Could you explain the "devilish grin" part more, what is it so much exiting about the S-Cross 1.6 that makes you say that?
Maybe read our official review of the S-cross 1.6 to find out as well as ownership reports of all the members who recently got one.

In short that 1.6L diesel with 320Nm torque will put a devilish grin on your face. That engine coupled with the driving dynamics in terms of ride and handling are more european than a japanese.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 22:01   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsdileep View Post
I agree...not sure why Maruti should be importing the boosterjet as adding a turbo is not rocket science for automotive manufacturer. Of course I understand that it has to go through rigorous testing than just plonking in a turbo compressor in your own back yard garage as it has to cater for mass production
Not sure if you are aware, but its not just plonking a turbo to the existing engine like say the Revotron by Tata. It is a direct injection petrol engine which is pretty much different compared to the existing K Series. I believe the whole engine head and intake has to be reworked which isnt a simple job.
Old 17th March 2016, 22:25   #732
BHPian

In the Apple Carplay provided in the top end, can we play audio CDs

Last edited by GSMINC : 17th March 2016 at 22:26. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 17th March 2016, 22:45   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
In the Apple Carplay provided in the top end, can we play audio CDs
No there's no provision for playing CDs on the infotainment. Please see the brochures and comparos already posted on the thread.
Old 18th March 2016, 01:09   #734
BHPian

I was able to get a test drive of Vitara Brezza yesterday evening. There were five cars at the dealership, the one in Mustard Yellow was the TD vehicle and was having accessories installed(body graphics, seat covers, side moulding, leather steering cover etc).

It was a good experience considering waiting for this day since many months. Well i must say i came out happy and wanting to Drive the car for more.
My personal favourite is Dual Red Black colour and it was on display. The Blue one was also looking smashing but white looked a bit bland.
My first impression :-
1. The car is Sub 4 meter but you cannot believe by seeing it alone, it looks a much bigger car.
2. Stance of car is like a full fledged suv and it is impressive on the road.
3. The base variant (greyish back was on display) looks smaller in comparison. I could not figure out why but it definitely feels smaller in comparison.
4. Seating arrangement was good and driving position was high to my liking and seats were comfortable. I felt the seats without the seat covers were a bit boring and less comfortable.
5. Plastics feel just like Maruti and i felt at home (i drive a RITZ)
6. I liked that i could see bonet of car while driving.
7. Size of boot is good for my small family.

This is my first attempt at a diesel car and i am very cautious and treading a very conservative path.
1. Engine noise is present and i did not like it much, people have been telling me not to compare Petrol and diesel engine on this parameter as
Diesel will have some noise. I would say i am not very impressed and i didn't like the sound.
2. It was easy to manoeuver the car and was good to drive. The wing mirrors are placed well and reverse camera helps.
3. The sudden surge of power as turbo awakes will require some time to getting used to (myself) but i liked it for sure.
4. I could drive the car in higher gear at very slow speed and i felt it was good.
5. There was no bad road on the TD route so i cannot comment much on the suspension but it seemed to be decent.

I think i liked the Car and my only problem is noise of diesel motor.

There was news that Booster jet Petrol will also come in future but i don't know if it will be worth the wait.

Even after booking on first day, the waiting period for ZDI+ Dual Red Back is 6-8 Weeks and this is frustrating.

Meanwhile, I am planning to do an extensive TD of Ford Ecosport and then understand what i actually want.
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-20160317_172807.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-20160317_172829.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-20160317_172904.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-20160317_172919.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-20160317_172921.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-20160317_172933.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-20160317_172938.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-20160317_173000.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-20160317_174240.jpg  

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-20160317_174256.jpg  

mountaineer is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 08:57   #735
BHPian

Now that the boosterjet engine has been almost confirmed for the Brezza as well, things will get pretty interesting. For example, I was longing for the boosterjet Baleno, but given the option of the Brezza, I'm tempted to pick the Brezza over the baleno simple because you get more car and a dashing design in Brezza. Also, there are reports saying that the Baleno isn't stable at high speeds because of its light weight platform whereas the Brezza with over 1100kg would sure be having a well planted ride at highway speeds. Can't wait for the boosterjet review of the Baleno and the Brezza!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks