Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2016, 13:53   #796
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Was standing in front of Pratham Motors, Outer Ring Road waiting for a bus. Looked into the showroom and noticed that the Brezza was displayed. Could not resist the urge to step in and have a quick look. Most aspects of the car have been discussed and dissected in detail. Hence a small summary
  • The showroom had just opened and there was no staff around. Still there were 3 customers checking the car out. Shows the interest the car is generating.

• An SA came after some time, looks like they have dedicated staff specific to the Brezza. TD vehicles expected only after 25th. SA gave me a big story about the launch not yet done and is expected to happen only on 25th.

• 12-14 weeks wait time. Again may be just a story.

• The display car was the Yellow/White one. As it has been already discussed a lot, the dual color looks flashy and is definitely a big plus point for the car. Maruti has smartly put a lot of focus on the dual color cars.

• The door feel and solidity seemed ok. The boot door felt heavy and solid.

• Interiors are ok. No wow or plush feel inside the car. The Baleno definitely scores much better. And of course the S Cross.

• Did not like the steering cover (Picture below). I assume it is an extra fitting. Did not see it in some of the other pictures.

• Decent space all around. Could sit comfortably behind my own seating position (Am 5’11). Width seemed narrow and under thigh support I felt was lacking.

• The curve of the seat bench at the edges seemed to interfere with a comfortable seating feel.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160322_091031.jpg

Did not like this steering cover, and it already looks to be coming apart. Wonder how long it will last.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160322_090958.jpg

Pictures of the boot and split seats in different combinations. Does not really fold 100% flat, there is a small angle. Good amount of space.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160322_091323.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160322_091430.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160322_091501.jpg

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160322_0917542.jpg

Overall, a blockbuster car for sure. Maruti should have no trouble selling 8-10,000 copies per month. But I see why Maruti did not position it as a Nexa car. Definitely does not have a premium or plush feel associated with it once inside. Lacks a finesse inside (for want of a better word), that one would expect just looking at the exterior view. For people who want that, Maruti has the S Cross (which is better finished but probably looks a little bland) and the Baleno (which looks good, is premium inside but a little less powerful). This to me is a flashy looking all-rounder. The looks and associated stuff stand out and help overlook the areas where it lacks.

On a side note: I think the Brezza may help the Ecosport get more sales. Until very recently, there was no direct competitor to the Ecosport and hence there was no benchmark to compare what the Ecosport offers against. Now, as we have already seen in this thread and couple of other places, there is a lot of comparison (especially with the price cut). So the Brezza will sell how much every Maruti supplies, but the Ecosport may get a side benefit is what I feel.
Rajeevraj is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 14:56   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Grey is the worst colour. Should have given something in green maybe, bright colours suit the style.
Any idea how much it will cost to make the roof black for normal variants outside the dealership?
Can the steering mounted calling features be retained on an HU upgrade?
Is the door unlock request button available for ZDi?
1. A wrap can be done at most sticker jobs, this may be preferred as it is not permanent unlike a paint job.

2. There is an inter connect cable available for suzuki cars, so for HU that supports this and the proper interconnect cable will retain the functions. Most major ICE installers would have this, or it should be on ebay / aliexpress .

3. If the car comes with push button start, then it should by default have the request sensors, but request sensors not necessarily mean push button start.
The brochure says keyless entry, so I am not sure, will wait for others to confirm.

Yes, I am also on the band wagon. looking at top spec silver (so, no dual tone) The cruise control feature is important, rest of the add ons that come with the car are also nice. I most probably would go and book it on the coming saturday.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 15:06   #798
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Hence a small summary
"GRAND VITARA" badge here? What's in common with Brezza and old Grand Vitara? Is the boot shape similar?
Attached Thumbnails
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img_20160322_0917542.jpg  

romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 15:38   #799
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki has announced that it will start deliveries of the Vitara Brezza from March 25, 2016.

Link to Team-BHP news article
Tushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 16:25   #800
Distinguished - BHPian

Make way for the prospective Compact Urban SUV - Vitara Brezza!

Within the first fortnight of its launch, the Vitara Brezza has received around 70,000 customer enquiries and 20,000 bookings.

The vehicles will be retailed from the Company's over 1,800 sales outlets spread across India.

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...ch-25/51511897

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd March 2016 at 16:28.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 16:33   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
1. A wrap can be done at most sticker jobs, this may be preferred as it is not permanent unlike a paint job.

2. There is an inter connect cable available for suzuki cars, so for HU that supports this and the proper interconnect cable will retain the functions. Most major ICE installers would have this, or it should be on ebay / aliexpress .

3. If the car comes with push button start, then it should by default have the request sensors, but request sensors not necessarily mean push button start.
The brochure says keyless entry, so I am not sure, will wait for others to confirm.

Yes, I am also on the band wagon. looking at top spec silver (so, no dual tone) The cruise control feature is important, rest of the add ons that come with the car are also nice. I most probably would go and book it on the coming saturday.
Any threads that you can share on how to go about this? I want the name of that part in particular and it should help retain calling keys not only the volume and play/pause keys.

Why do you need cruise control in India? If you are going for ZDi+ then its worth going for dual tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Maruti Suzuki has announced that it will start deliveries of the Vitara Brezza from March 25, 2016.

Link to Team-BHP news article
True that. Ours has already been dispatched I was told. No test drive vehicle yet. Have to buy without a test drive. First drive home will be the test drive that too for someone buying a new car for the first time. Better not disappoint Maruti.
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:23   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any threads that you can share on how to go about this? I want the name of that part in particular and it should help retain calling keys not only the volume and play/pause keys.

Why do you need cruise control in India? If you are going for ZDi+ then its worth going for dual tone.

True that. Ours has already been dispatched I was told. No test drive vehicle yet. Have to buy without a test drive. First drive home will be the test drive that too for someone buying a new car for the first time. Better not disappoint Maruti.

1. Yes, I am also doing some research on that area (door request sensor). Need to visit some showrooms to get more info. (Maybe s-cross nexa showroom, i think the lower variants get request sensor, but no push button start.)

Google for - "steering wheel control adapter suzuki swift" that should be a starting point.

PS: If it was upto me, I would not do an upgrade, as that would mean loss of apple car play and navigation and reverse camera. Not a lot of HU have that feature let alone combine all three. Time for a phone upgrade. It is overall a simply brilliant package (not audiophile though, but should satisfy most). The same HU is also offered in UK in its suzuki line up. I would just stick to it

2. I travel mostly at night mostly on highways which has lots of speed cameras. I can easily make use of this feature.

On the plus side, the cooled glove box can keep my insulin pens happy in hot weather.

3. The colour has be silver, which is not present in the dual tone option. Nothing loud, has to be a sleeper and be as inconspicuous as possible.

Last edited by govigov : 22nd March 2016 at 17:30.
Old 22nd March 2016, 17:52   #803
BHPian

Quote:
No test drive vehicle yet. Have to buy without a test drive. First drive home will be the test drive that too for someone buying a new car for the first time. Better not disappoint Maruti.
If you are sceptical you can always push your vehicle for a while and take a TD. But however if you think you are ok with what it has to offer on the plate then you can go ahead. As far as the driving part is concerned you will like the vehicle for everything other than the turbolag part!

Quote:
1. Yes, I am also doing some research on that area (door request sensor). Need to visit some showrooms to get more info. (Maybe s-cross nexa showroom, i think the lower variants get request sensor, but no push button start.)
Well, the key less means you get the remote to lock unlock in your key. Only the top spec comes with the start stop and the request sensors.
Old 22nd March 2016, 18:23   #804
BHPian

Just came back from a visit to the Maruti dealer in my vicinity. I have all my Maruti cars from that dealer.
They have the Red dual tone on display and the yellow dual tone for TD. Saw both of them. The red looks great, but I like the yellow more. The white roof looks better. I was trying to have a look at the blue dual tone but they did not have it.

My observations so far. Did not do a TD, will do it on Sat or Sun.

- The car has a big stance. Wide and tall, better than the competitor that is the Ecosport.

- There is oodles of space inside. And that may just be my perspective as I am 5'8" and my wife is 5'2" and we have a small kid. So definitely loads of space for us 3. At my comfortable position the guys on the rear bench can have a pet table placed in between to serve tea lol.

- The fit and finish is typical Maruti. I have a Swift Zdi and in comparison I will say the Brezza has a better finish inside. I am not wowed but neither am I displeased

- The cooled glove box is a plus. The armrest is wide enough for the driver to place his arm comfortably and it can be adjusted for length range. The cabin inside is deep and can hold a lot of belongings.

- The normal glove box is deep and wide as well. That will store a few things along with car documents easily.

- There is a nice deep coin holder to the right bottom of the steering wheel where you can put those coins and all. It can even accommodate a small cellphone if you so like. And it is angled downwards so nothing will shake and fall in the foot well.

- The side mirror controls are above that storage cubicle. Won't be easy to reach if you are sitting in a relaxed position and driving. You have to bend forward to manage that. Would have been better to have them on the driver door armrest.

- You can see the whole bonnet from your seating position at the lowest setting.

- The roof is tall, no worries for taller passengers who end up hitting their heads on the roof of smaller cars. Front or rear bench.

- The area near the handbrake has 2 cup holders as well, good and wide. No cover on them so you can expect dust to settle in those easily. Get that vacuum cleaner ready.

- The boot is almost at the level of the rear edge, so no issues putting and pulling your luggage out. And it is spacious. Not cavernous if that is what you want. But if you want a perspective, you can fit 4 Airport sized bags in there and still have room for other small bags and stuff.

- The spare is well placed with the tools on top of it in their own small compartments. The boot also has 2 small boxes on both sides. More like cubby holes. Not sure what you can put in there. Maybe put some sand and grow a couple of sunflowers in there.

- The side view mirrors are wide and have a good view range. The inside rear view mirror is tiny though. No auto dimmer, its the standard: flip the knob for night/day vision control. It is wide and you can see end to end of the rear glass, but not tall enough and is going to be of no help in reversing the vehicle. You will need reversing sensors if not a camera.

- The tyres are wide and big enough for that SUV stance and the wheel wells are well clad. They fill the wheel wells pretty neatly and the vehicle looks good and proportionate from this perspective.

- The steering wheel is the same that you will find in other Marutis, I have the swift and it's the same as that. The grip, without a leather wrap on it is flimsy. Feels like you are holding a circular straw. Definitely calls for a leather wrap, albeit a good one. It has the usual audio controls. The call control buttons are a set of 3 peeping in from under the steering wheel at the left spoke. Looks neat and nice. If I am not mistaken there is a chrome surround around the audio control buttons on the steering wheel, as much as I remember now if my memory doesn't defeat me.

- The build quality is acceptable. More solid that the Swift that I have. The rear hangar door definitely is heavy, and I do mean heavy. Takes some effort to close it shut, so that is not going to rattle anytime soon.

- Safety features are there. Not too many airbags in there apart from the driver and passenger side. I will say this, no matter what variant you go for, get the 'O' variant in that. There is no compromise with safety of yourself and your family. It is a must have. Don't skimp on that.

- Overall I feel this is a very good package from Maruti. Comparing it to the premium European brands may not do it justice. They are on a different league altogether. But considering that I have had a Swift for almost 5 years now and we have a few other Marutis in our family, along with a recent acquisition of the Baleno, this car is right in the 'above acceptable' range.

- I am debating it out with my wife to switch from the Maruti Swift to the Brezza Zdi+ dual tone. Will see how that goes. But if you frankly ask me, this is a good buy and at that price point, it clearly beats the competition. It looks like an SUV: tall, beefy, sporty and spacious(unless you are planning on having a kitty party in yours).

I will post back after I get the TD done. Eagerly looking forward to the T-Bhp official review.

P.S. I did not get a chance to test the Audio system prowess of the car. That is the most important thing for me. I love my car to be a disco on wheels. Did a fair bit on my Swift(Blu-T). I have kept the audio test for the day of the TD as that is something I take my time to review and make my decision. The issue here is that, with the inclusion of rear view camera and Apple Play, it takes out my option of getting an aftermarket system. Maybe I can work on the speakers, sub and amplifier. But that is about it. I'll post about that too, let us see how good/bad the default audio unit is.

Last edited by iFuel : 22nd March 2016 at 18:31.
iFuel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 20:19   #805
BHPian

Only Zdi+ has tweeters, rest have only speakers. Is there a way, I can add tweeters to the lower variants? Are there placeholders for the tweeters? Has anybody tried this with other Maruti cars which didn't have tweeters?
Old 22nd March 2016, 21:03   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
"GRAND VITARA" badge here? What's in common with Brezza and old Grand Vitara? Is the boot shape similar?
Let us hope the official review also has a comprison with a Grand Vitara
Old 22nd March 2016, 21:12   #807
BHPian

Saw the Red + Black and Yellow + White both ZDI+, on Friday, 18th at Bimal, Mahadevapura, Bangalore. Both looks good, but for me, yellow is more attractive with the white color on top. A very good value proposition by Maruti, does not look like a sub-four compact SUV. The wide tyres, the grill, large bonnet, skid plates and brilliant design of the light cluster etc. gives a good stance. Did a small TD of the yellow one around 3 kms on Sunday, 20th. Not able to take it to any other surface other than good asphalted road. Nothing to complain except that explicit turbo-lag of the national engine. Gear shifting is smooth, clutch is soft, not much noise inside. Good view from the drivers seat. Sitting in the rear is also comfortable.

Has anyone seen a ZDI which comes without the reverse camera and 7 inch screen? Want to check the front fascia without that.
Old 22nd March 2016, 21:41   #808
BHPian

Quote:

Google for - "steering wheel control adapter suzuki swift" that should be a starting point.

PS: If it was upto me, I would not do an upgrade, as that would mean loss of apple car play and navigation and reverse camera. Not a lot of HU have that feature let alone combine all three. Time for a phone upgrade. It is overall a simply brilliant package (not audiophile though, but should satisfy most). The same HU is also offered in UK in its suzuki line up. I would just stick to it

2. I travel mostly at night mostly on highways which has lots of speed cameras. I can easily make use of this feature.

On the plus side, the cooled glove box can keep my insulin pens happy in hot weather.

3. The colour has be silver, which is not present in the dual tone option. Nothing loud, has to be a sleeper and be as inconspicuous as possible.
We are opting for a ZDi version. Hence the upgrade of HU.

The shade of silver is a good one. Even Alto looks premium in it.

Few pics from Goa:

Pics from the stockyard. Official launch tomorrow at Sai Service. Our booking is with Aryaman Sai though.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160321wa0019.jpg
Looks spacious from this angle.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160321wa0007.jpg
Without dual tone we can't make out it's ZDi+ except for the logo.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160321wa0018.jpg
Single tone white looks bland compared to dual tone yellow.
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-img20160321wa0010.jpg
anycatd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2016, 22:44   #809

Had booked vitara bezza zdi+ on 10th Mar. After long wait got to see the ZDI version at SK Wheels today. I am not very impressed by it. Exterior is fine but interior is very disappointing. Planning to cancel my booking. Ecosport is much better when compared overall with vitara brezza in my opinion. Planning to get it before April 1st as there are chances of rto taxes going up.
Old 23rd March 2016, 00:01   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nau12 View Post
Had booked vitara bezza zdi+ on 10th Mar. After long wait got to see the ZDI version at SK Wheels today. I am not very impressed by it. Exterior is fine but interior is very disappointing. Planning to cancel my booking. Ecosport is much better when compared overall with vitara brezza in my opinion. Planning to get it before April 1st as there are chances of rto taxes going up.
Please post the pic of ZDi dashboard and steering wheel if you have got it. I'm buying blindly considering the variant part. Not even one pic is available.

RTO taxes are going up is what I was told too. By 3%.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks